What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

And about the killer...

Spoiler

...shit, I am good. On Facebook, I was merely speculating that it was Laura's old pappy based on his weird behaviour that suggested deep guilt. I had not read any spoilers. I seriously thought I was wrong, because I usually am wrong about this stuff. Yes, I realise he was possessed by this crazy-looking Charles Manson doppleganger, but still. Could have been Lucy for all I knew. I'm dying to make it to FWWM.

4 hours ago, Baby Jane Hudson said:

Just a note about Twin Peaks Season 2, Episode 7...

Holy fuck. That was well made tele. 

The best episodes are yet come... 

By best I mean probably the best according to you. 

On 25/11/2017 at 12:56 AM, KK said:

Wrapped up the Mad Men season 4 finale. Hmm. I have mixed feelings about it, but I'm going to wait and see how they flesh it out in the next season before I pass judgement.

On 25/11/2017 at 4:03 AM, Koray Savas said:

Hated how Draper’s development is just thrown out the window. 

Okay I caught up with this the other day, and have been meaning to ask, what do you mean? I haven't started S5 yet, but the assumption going in is that recent developments surrounding Don's past will continue to pour into his current life choices. I didn't get the impression that anything had been thrown out (by the writers)??

I enjoyed the final episode, I think it's been an excellent season overall. 

Well now the murder plot has been resolved, we still have Catherine's industrial intrigue, Mulder as a trannie, the Old Man from RoboCop shows up, an adult with unexplained superhuman strength going back to high school, James doing absolutely nothing, Donna and Audrey are now useless, some procedural border drug investigation... what the hell is going on??

1 hour ago, Quintus said:

Okay I caught up with this the other day, and have been meaning to ask, what do you mean? I haven't started S5 yet, but the assumption going in is that recent developments surrounding Don's past will continue to pour into his current life choices. I didn't get the impression that anything had been thrown out (by the writers)??

I enjoyed the final episode, I think it's been an excellent season overall. 

The abrupt shift in Draper's character, and the role of Meghan caught me off guard, and I wasn't sure how I felt about it as a resolution. But having recently started the 5th season, I can say that it pays off quite handsomely. 

My issue was that he reveals his past and secret to that one woman he started to get serious with, and then in what felt like an instant he dumps her and marries his new bimbo secretary. I wanted the character to go somewhere and develop, and throughout the season they were accomplishing that, and he just goes back to Season 1 Draper. I felt cheated at the time, so didn't continue. Maybe once I revisit I'll feel differently, because I do want to finish it eventually.

So...

Spoiler

Leo woke up from his coma and went on a murderous rampage. I loved it!

This Windom Earle thing is intriguing. And this thing about White Lodge is oddly X-Files-ish.

I'm getting tired of Lucy and Andy.

James fixing cars at some Tudor style house was boring at first, but it's like something out of Dynasty.

This is all like a movie whose main plot has resolved, but the movie forgot to end. The cameras were left on and we see what the characters did afterward.

11 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

My issue was that he reveals his past and secret to that one woman he started to get serious with, and then in what felt like an instant he dumps her and marries his new bimbo secretary. I wanted the character to go somewhere and develop, and throughout the season they were accomplishing that, and he just goes back to Season 1 Draper. I felt cheated at the time, so didn't continue. Maybe once I revisit I'll feel differently, because I do want to finish it eventually.

I didn't feel cheated because I totally expected that relationship to go nowhere - even after Don's confessions to her (because he's a child - Don gaining the confidence of others for the first time did nothing to change his ways; instead we see him yet again selfishly renewed by the act, his swagger restored as he increases control of The Lie by sharing it with others). I'm expecting the next season to build on those important developments in other ways. I'm not expecting Don to stay with the French girl too long. 

My only real criticism of Mad Men is the implausibly constant string of models being lined up for the Draper character. It breaks my suspension of disbelief in this fantasy, but at the same time I also appreciate that it is a key theme of the whole thing and a stylistic choice. I just wish it could be less 007ish, because it cheapens the experience. 

The Sterling character undergoes a more interesting character journey, imho. Whatever season it was where he is romping with the hippie movement became instant favourites.

8 hours ago, Baby Jane Hudson said:

This is all like a movie whose main plot has resolved, but the movie forgot to end. The cameras were left on and we see what the characters did afterward.

Holy shit, that's a good way to put it...

Episode 7 of The Orville, the social media one. The weakest so far and a pale imitation of the original Black Mirror episode which this seemed to lift directly from. Bad idea - the Black Mirror episode is far superior to this effort in every respect. It's actually a pity that people will no doubt someday watch that version after seeing the Orville attempt the same material/theme, and have it spoiled for them, in a way. 

Finally started up Discovery again, episode 4 is done. It's okay, but also incredibly drab and serious. The klingon scenes are some of the absolute worst TV I've seen in what is the golden age happening in lots of places elsewhere. Still, there's something mildly intriguing about it for me, so I'll try and see it to the end of the season. 

4 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Finally started up Discovery again, episode 4 is done. It's okay, but also incredibly drab and serious. The klingon scenes are some of the absolute worst TV I've seen in what is the golden age happening in lots of places elsewhere. Still, there's something mildly intriguing about it for me, so I'll try and see it to the end of the season.

Jason would tell you to move this to the correct thread. ;)

Started on the second season of The Crown...good Lord, the show seems to have gotten even more soapy than the last. Hopefully it improves. But as it is, its saving grace is the Foy's especially nuanced performance as Elizabeth.

26 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

How about Jocelyn Packard?

tpep23_260.jpg

:|

Yeah nice Asian lady.

14 minutes ago, Quintus said:

I was under the impression you love all aspects. 

I'm not keen on LFB all that much, and the Little Nicky subplot was eh.