Jay

What is the last Television series you watched?

11859 posts in this topic

We're running dry on TV here now, with House, Lost and 24 done for this season, and Prison Break over for good.

The only UK TV I really watch is Robin Hood, The Apprentice and any decent comedy on Dave. I'm slowly working my way thru Arrested Development season 2, and we'll start season 3 of The Wire soon.

It's no wonder I just listen to music all the time these days...

Wow, the whole first part of that just felt like a huge Independence Day ripoff.

Which is ironic considering the first part of INDEPENDENCE DAY just ripped off the original V.

Wow, the whole first part of that just felt like a huge Independence Day ripoff. The rest, meh. But anything with Morena Baccarian in it is worth watching, though the short hair doesn't work for me.

I think she looks adorable with the short hair.

As for underlying subtleties that this show seems to be offering, judging by the trailer where "hope" is repeated, and a certain clip shown where Baccarin says to the journalist "We can't be seen in a negative light" (oh, god she never fails to give me the shivers), it reeks of something familiar in 2008-2009 history that we're not allowed to talk about on this board.

:rolleyes:

Just shut your Aussie face, you Aboriginal murdering shrimp eater!

As for underlying subtleties that this show seems to be offering, judging by the trailer where "hope" is repeated, and a certain clip shown where Baccarin says to the journalist "We can't be seen in a negative light" (oh, god she never fails to give me the shivers), it reeks of something familiar in 2008-2009 history that we're not allowed to talk about on this board.

:P

:rolleyes:

Just shut your Aussie face, you Aboriginal murdering shrimp eater!

I've had kangaroo before too!

Oh lord, please don't tell me you like that show. It's so unbelievably bad. I saw a couple episodes because my mom was watching it on demand.

:lol:

:)

That makes sense, because the brief information that I read about the preview trailer of V remarked on how it borrowed a lot of its concept from 1930s Europe. It's natural that a remake of that show would find a way to modernize that theme.

All my favorite shows are over. BSG ended. Terminator was cancelled. Etc.

I started watching Primeval recently. Watched all three seasons(the third on the internet for it hasn't aired in the US yet) and quite enjoyed it. It's perhaps the only British science fiction show i like as i find all the others insufferably stupid.

It might lead to a whole new plethora of spinoffs based on hot lizard chicks. Can you imagine being saved from drowning by beautiful lizard women in "Baywatch: V?" Or watching Howie Mandel lick his lips (or maybe his eyeball, too) when they have a special V edition of "Deal or No Deal?" Personally I'm looking forward to that one.

It might lead to a whole new plethora of spinoffs based on hot lizard chicks. Can you imagine being saved from drowning by beautiful lizard women in "Baywatch: V?" Or watching Howie Mandel lick his lips (or maybe his eyeball, too) when they have a special V edition of "Deal or No Deal?" Personally I'm looking forward to that one.

Quick! Buy Godzilla a big screen TV!

It's perhaps the only British science fiction show i like as i find all the others insufferably stupid.

:|

Hmm...excellent choice of words when trying to express an opinion and make friends at the same time...

Mark knows what happened to the conductor after playing PotC. It wasn't pretty. But I also recall having some help...

:|

I'm surprised how much people are watching television. I haven't done it lot for last ten years , some random

sports and ofcourse every single episode of LOST. For me my 42'' Sony is just a sreen for Blu-Ray and DVD movies , the good ones.

Oh yes , I also enjoy animal documentaries.

Well if she's joining CTU, she'll start off as one of the "good guys" in the story. Whether we find out that she's part of the inner sanctum of conspirators in key positions in our administration, that remains to be seen. With 24, everyone can become a bad guy until they're dead, and everyone dead can come back until we see their severed head.

I'm rather surprised that the show is moving to NYC. I can't blame them, though, because once you nuke Los Angeles, there's really nothing left to do, hence the move to higher profile targets in Washington D.C. and New York City.

I hope and pray that this is the last season. I felt this year's finale was a total cop out - such a big deal out of

Jack dying

, and then right at the end when it could've ended brilliantly,

Kim just reappears and quickly saves the day

. Bleh.

Robin Hood's getting good though as it approaches the 3rd season finale. And I heard on the radio yesterday that the Life on Mars spinoff, Ashes to Ashes is getting a 3rd season... we've stopped watching it because it's just become rather stale and boring.

Well if John Voight couldn't pull a vial of antidote out of his back pocket, somebody had to be the deus ex machina. I like my deus ex machinas to be hot, blonde, and vibrant, s'il vous plaƮt.

They didn't have to have a 'deux ex machina' at all... that's my point. Why couldn't they just let the inevitable happen.

It's perhaps the only British science fiction show i like as i find all the others insufferably stupid.

:lol:

Hey, that's how I find them. You like whatever you like. I shan't judge you.

I can't blame them, though, because once you nuke Los Angeles, there's really nothing left to do, hence the move to higher profile targets in Washington D.C. and New York City.

No, they nuked Valencia. :lol:

She should also be coming back to Nip/Tuck next season as well.

That character is supposedly gonna be played by a different actress.

Well, Nip/Tuck girls have gotten interchangeable lately, so she didn't have too much competition. But she did make her character interesting, which is not without merit, considering how poorly written it was.

That's made me wary as well, I'm hoping a return to traditional format will help the show. I'll certainly be watching, it'd be great if they'd put it back to back with South Park on Wednesday night.

I'm wondering where they'll show it here, as we do not have Comedy Central.

At least I'll be safe in the knowledge that the worst Futurama episodes are usually still about ten times funnier than anything else around.

Finally, I was wondering why this show was left for the dogs while they were busy performing electro-therapy on the rotting corpse that is The Simpsons.