Jay

What is the last Television series you watched?

Season 4 (the original edit) of Arrested Development started to pay off halfway through the season starting with the Lucille episode, as I recall. Yeah the magic and momentum of the original series is gone, but there’s some great stuff there. Glad to hear Season 5 reunites the whole cast.

It was clear in the original version of season 4 that it takes place over YEARS as well.  It shows stuff as early as George Michael and Michael on the boat directly after the season 3 finale, goes all the way through the whole financial crisis of '08, and the big Cinco De Quatro finale is supposed to be in 2012

I thought Kimmy Schmidt season 4A was mostly meh.  Some funny moments of  course, but a step backward after how great season 3 was after the subpar season 2.  Of course, it's only half a season, so a lot of this was setup for stuff that will presumably pay off in season 4B in January.

Jon Hamm was great of course

1 hour ago, Jay said:

It was clear in the original version of season 4 that it takes place over YEARS as well.  It shows stuff as early as George Michael and Michael on the boat directly after the season 3 finale, goes all the way through the whole financial crisis of '08, and the big Cinco De Quatro finale is supposed to be in 2012

I don't tend to rewatch shows (or movies for that matter), so it's probably something I understood in 2012 and then didn't think about again until watching the remix in 2018.

I feel like an IT genius for getting the BBC iPlayer app to work on my American Apple TV!  So much easier than connecting my laptop to the TV.

It does suck though they don't offer subtitles on the Apple TV.  Dumb!

Black Sails, season one

Nice (might actually be the good one of this homogeneous trend of gritty pseudo-historicals with blood and sex), but I would probably cut it down considerably. Good lead. Awesome cliffhanger. Nice music. It's a shame they butcher McCreary's cool adapted cue in the climatic moment of episode seven.