What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

On 11/18/2018 at 1:50 AM, Alex said:

Narcos S4

Different country, different people, still pretty much the same quality. I enjoyed it.

Watched the first episode, and this might come as a surprise, I miss the moustache guy.

26NARCOS-tmagArticle.jpg

But I'm sure it's just a matter of time ...

It just occurred to me that I'd made a start on Stranger Things S2 and watched the first couple of episodes a few weeks back. I forgot to carry on with it. I guess that's as good an indicator of my interest in it as any.

I just realized the new Sabrina show is essentially a remake of Sabrina the Teenage Witch. Don't know why it took me so long to put that together. Guess I might check it out sometime.

2 minutes ago, KK said:

I just realized the new Sabrina show is essentially a remake of Sabrina the Teenage Witch. Don't know why it took me so long to put that together. Guess I might check it out sometime.

It's more of a reimagining of the concept mixed with Archie Comics stuff. 

On to season 9 of Doctor Who. I'm not going to bother with this latest namby pamby iteration of the show. It achieved perfection a few years back. In retrospect, Dr. 12 is the only one that feels like classic Who because he's a wacky older guy, the mental picturization of the character I've always had. Jenna Coleman is great and I've never seen a better pairing of Doctor and assistant on this show. Their chemistry is better than everyone's.

6480547-low_res-1.jpg

Caught some of The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. What's missing here is a real sense of humour. Do all the episodes take themselves so seriously?

House of Cards - Season 6

Wildly confused, ridiculously soapy and implausible as ever, like your average season of HoC. But this one at least benefits from being able to hit on new beats, which amp up the entertainment factor. Robin Wright carries the show remarkably well, given the circumstances. And it's honestly not as bad or dull as I thought it would be. Occasionally, it's even kind of witty and self-aware. But you can't help but imagine how much more satisfying, or more forgiving you would have been of the mess if you got to see Wright spar properly with Spacey up to its climactic showdown.

In the end, Spacey, or no Spacey, House of Cards dies as you'd expect, a glorious trainwreck you can't quite take your eyes away from.

I very, very nearly gave up with The Good Place for the similar reasons. Luckily I persisted with that one though, because it's now one of my favourites. With new comedy series, sometimes you have to give it a good chance to settle in. So this is how I always approach the genre. With The Last Man on Earth though, it just didn't feel like it was ever going to git gud.

In other news, we're about to begin Seinfeld S7. Everyone seems to be in agreement that seasons 4-5 are that show at its peak, but I'm inclined to say that S6 is the best of the lot so far (although it did really start around midway through S5 to be fair). But yes, I'm now converted. Seinfeld eventually becomes effortlessly and consistently entertaining. But again, I had to persist with it.

The wife and I been doing a proper viewing order for the Star Trek series (started with TNG, didn't watch TOS).  Anyways tonight we finished up The Next Generation.  We've been skipping episodes that I didn't like at all and I knew she wouldn't either.

On 11/25/2018 at 5:45 PM, Quintus said:

In other news, we're about to begin Seinfeld S7. Everyone seems to be in agreement that seasons 4-5 are that show at its peak, but I'm inclined to say that S6 is the best of the lot so far (although it did really start around midway through S5 to be fair). But yes, I'm now converted. Seinfeld eventually becomes effortlessly and consistently entertaining. But again, I had to persist with it.

Uh-oh, did I speak to soon? Larry David has left the show and the first episode of S7 was rubbish! It's probably just season return jitters - it's difficult to remember sometimes that a whole year has passed for this production from one season to the next, and sometimes sitcom shows in particular can feel awkward at the beginning of a new one.

7 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

I never understood the hate for it either. It’s fine. 

It deserves all of the hatred. it is a terrible finale.

On 11/22/2018 at 1:21 AM, Alexcremers said:

Isn't this a teen show?

Was Buffy a teen show?