Jay

What is the last Television series you watched?

Recently finished the Beeb's brilliant Killing Eve ... everything you'd want from a drama about British Intelligence chasing a female assassin across the globe, with a deliciously playful and subversive streak of humour into the bargain. Terrific performances by Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh.

Thor:

EVENT HORIZON is one of the best 20-30 films of the 90s, and Anderson is a brilliant action auteur. I even prefer him over the other Paul Anderson. Here's an article I wrote just last year (for its 20th anniversary), exploring its visual layering: http://montages.no/2017/08/event-horizon-1997/ (in Norwegian, though).

I'm deeply and personally attached to that film. Always have been. A definite masterpiece.

And only a fan can come up with a quote like that:

31 minutes ago, W0$ said:

Where he's going, he won't need eyes to... 

MMM_104_14699.1.FNL_-770x470.jpg

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel - Season 1

An absolute riot. Witty, charming, and beautifully carried by Rachel Broshnahan. The whole cast is great though (Tony Shalhoub is especially funny). And the show boasts some handsome production values. I thought the whole thing would be too vanilla for my taste, but I was sold pretty early into the season. Looking forward to the next one!

7 minutes ago, KK said:

An absolute riot. Witty, charming, and beautifully carried by Rachel Broshnahan. The whole cast is great though (Tony Shalhoub is especially funny). And the show boasts some handsome production values. I thought the whole thing would be too vanilla for my taste, but I was sold pretty early into the season. Looking forward to the next one!

Hmmm. I thought that I recognized the title from Netflix but they don't have it. 

15 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Is anyone really a fan of Event Horizon though?

I enjoyed it more than Alien, which it blatantly ripped off. It's by no means a great film but it is an effective sci-fi horror/thriller flick.

Anyway, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. 

13 hours ago, KK said:

Season 2 is excellent!

There were at least two moments in that show that made me feel ill to watch. I was that invested in the characters to be that stressed out over fictitious event unraveling. 

It's that good. 

11 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

But is it better than Event Horizon ... ?

What isn't? The direction (storytelling) of Event Horizon is so poor, it's the movie's Achilles heel. It's a shame because the sets and special effects (except for the early CGI) are beautiful. 

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

Effective performances too. Sam Neil was never so creepy!

But the performances too were sabotaged by the poor direction, IMO. Imagine if a young Ridley Scott made Event Horizon instead of Alien in 1979!