What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

56 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

I don't need alcohol to make English my second language!

The second purpose of alcohol is to make your brain a goddamn Etch-a-Sketch. 

The third purpose of alcohol is to bring out the asshole in everybody. 

16 hours ago, Jay said:

I don't think you know what OCD really is, if that is your response to my post.

16 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

Apparently, you have OCD if you must wash your hands, no matter what.

15 hours ago, Jay said:

I never said I never wash my hands, just that it isn't something I enjoy, like I imagine OCD people enjoy *shrug*

The irony here is too strong. Jay, please don't make such comments as this when you don't understand the facts yourself. 

(Alex, I quoted you just to give you a truly friendly FYI that OCD is far from limited to hand washing, and cleanliness in general for that matter. )

I imagine many here must push their headboard against the wall at a couple dozen times before they feel its safe to go to bed. Oh wait is the door locked!

Did you leave the oven on? What was that noise. What if someone gets my personal tax information. What if my computer was hacked and my camera is watching me. 

Whats the smell... is the lint in the dryer hose on fire?

A series about Ocd people or people who has aspergers would be fun. Oh wait. BIG Bang and the one about the good doctor you know the one with the boy who cant look at the patient while giving the diagnosis. He was the poor mans Norman Bates.

No but I put my nephew in one as punishment.  He never did whatever he was punished for again. Did you know that you can't get that smell out of the dryer. 

Mrs. Pilgrim and I are finally up to date on the first two seasons of Broadchurch.  A properly dour British take on the Twin Peaks formula minus the supernatural.  There are some deliciously hateful portrayals of media vultures and despicable defense attorneys.

Small town with lots of dark drama below the surface, murder, out of towner investigating, many suspects with intertwining stories...not the most superficial comparison.

The Crown (Seasons 1 and 2)

So what's that about little old me not being interested in shows without sci-fi/fantasy/horror elements? Pfft, well I just watched The Crown, baby! But did I love it? Well it was addictive enough, although some episodes weren't quite as good as others, like the wimpy little Prince Charles goes to boarding school episode. Although Queen Elizabeth II is the central character of the show, she's not always centre-stage, rather it often focuses on people around her like Philip, Churchill, her father, her sneaky snarky duplicitous uncle, a few other PMs, and her sister Mags steals a few whole eps of her own! I think this show's only real weakness is its attempts to sensationalise the Queen's role in historical world events, when really she can't do all that much, rather she just stands around in her palace living room reacting all wide-eyed to reports from the PM and sitting there watching tele with her corgis and her old chook going "my, how dreadful!" I liked how it accentuated her insecurities about her education, which paid off when she met Jackie Kennedy. Just makes it seem more melodramatic than it really is with Hans Zimmer's severely urgent score blasting away, almost making the show's theme sound like something from Batman. I really enjoyed Claire Foy, Matt Smith and Vanessa Kirby, so I'm a bit miffed about the bizarre decision to shake up the cast for Season 3 - like, srsly?

19 minutes ago, The Original said:

The Crown (Seasons 1 and 2)

So what's that about little old me not being interested in shows without sci-fi/fantasy/horror elements? 

Admirable attempt though Drax. Baby steps and all that.

Speaking of DC Universe...

I thought Titans was really good. It felt like a mix of old school The Crow and Snyder’s Watchmen. I know the show took a lot of flack from reviewers for being... something (I don’t think I could find any consistency in the criticism)... but I think it was undeserved. It had a good script, good actors, was coherent, felt like an untold story and wasn’t too schmaltzy.

Definitely worth checking out!

Swamp Thing is different. It’s kind of like The X-files but with elements of 80’s slasher movies thrown in there. Sadly, it also has the standard soap opera elements (as you’d find in Shield, The Flash, Supergirl etc etc), but it doesn’t bog the show down too much.

Swamp Thing is fun, in a B-horror movie kind-of-vibe, that I suspect is not unintentional - but unless you pick that vibe up, you’d probably hate this. I am a little bit sad that it got cancelled.

Watched the LOTR episode of Will and Grace.