What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

girls-hbo-1.jpg

anyone else here watching girls? (lol who am I kidding, of course not)

just finished watching season 1. not bad, not bad at all. 7.7/10 :up:

Judd Apatow and HBO together?! Sold!

After finishing Band of Brothers I felt like re-watching another HBO miniseries. I'm holding off on The Pacific for now so I picked up From The Earth To The Moon. The show is great. I have the old dvds of the show and they look awful in HD. It looks like the show is still not available on blu ray either.

After watching my 9 seasons of X-Files, I think I will be going through Breaking Bad. Obviously it's a heralded and heavily lauded show, but I've never watched. The new season starts here in the States in a week or so. Certainly I will not be caught up by then, but I can start recording them at least and go back later once I'm done seasons 1-4.

After finishing Band of Brothers I felt like re-watching another HBO miniseries. I'm holding off on The Pacific for now so I picked up From The Earth To The Moon. The show is great. I have the old dvds of the show and they look awful in HD. It looks like the show is still not available on blu ray either.

I saw The Pacific followed by Band of Brothers a year or so ago, and frankly, Brothers kicked the shit out of Pacific. I found the stories and characters far more interesting, and there was zero focus on big effects shots.

I'm in a bit of a dry period - Once Upon a Time and Homelandfinished earlier in the year and House has ended completely.

I tried watching the pilot of Game of Thrones again, and I just found it boring. However, my brother insists on me watching Dexter and Breaking Bad, so maybe they need to be next on my list.

After watching my 9 seasons of X-Files, I think I will be going through Breaking Bad. Obviously it's a heralded and heavily lauded show, but I've never watched. The new season starts here in the States in a week or so. Certainly I will not be caught up by then, but I can start recording them at least and go back later once I'm done seasons 1-4.

I have season 3 and 4 on dvd. The X-Files episode Home is perhaps the most horrific and disturbing episode in television history. Naturally it's awesome.

Just about to go to bed and happened to catch some Hells Kitchen USA.

LMFAO, WTF? It's so ridiculously fake! Why is Gordon Ramsey ranting and going ballistic like that? Do Americans seriously it's real? Believe he's really like that? It's a complete and utter act. He is NOTHING like that on UK television. Nothing. He actually comes across like a decent fella who sometimes gets a bit annoyed with the cooks. But in the USA version, turn that anger dial all the way up to eleven boy!

Crazy American television.

it's all real, his act might be fake, but their ineptitude garners his reaction. This season is clearly the least talented group of chefs in a long time.

Lee. That's one thing I can't stand. Shows like Hells kitchen and survivor and cupcake wars. I don't want to watch game shows with a story line. Please will there be more sitcoms on soon? Well written mind you.

the extreme use of profanity on those shows is really annoying. It's giving people the idea that it's okay for them to go on a tirade of profanity in public or at work without any consequences until they get fired, and then they get denied unemployment that is.

I do like some reality competition shows like Top Chef, but even they have to beep out way too much.

I've seen the first 30 seconds or so of a million episodes as its on after South Park, and every time I thought it looked horrible

They probably want sexual chemistry between Holmes and Watson, hence the conversion of Watson into a woman, rather than alienate the 99% by making them both blokes.

House is basically an update of Sherlock Holmes.

If you compare Hugh Larie's and Cumberbatch's performances you will see that their versions of Holmes have a hell of a lot in common. House tends to be more manipulative towards other people just for the sake of his own enjoyment though, while Cumberbatch's Holmes is truly aloof!

Yep, I'll give it a chance. great time slot, and I do like Lucy Lui.

Hell-on-Wheels-season-2-AMC.jpg

I'm interested in AMC's Hell On wheels, even though it's clear the critics are divided over this show. Some call it Deadwood for dummies while others think it's really good. Supposedly, it's slow and with great visuals so it could be something for me.

Supposedly, it's slow and with great visuals so it could be something for me.

That, plus great acting.

LOVED it.

And Breaking Bad Season 5 amazing so far, as usual

Doctor Who Season 3: I have almost finished this season and on the whole I have to say this series is really getting better by the season. As I have said before Tennant is the quintessential Doctor and a fine actor to boot who really gets to show his whole repertoire in the role, often all in the same episode. The plots are varied, imaginative, silly, funny, frightening, emotional and exhilarating and quite often very smart and deal with very serious and mature issues amidst the alien weirdness. Freema Agyeman provides the female companionship this season and is not only easy to look at but a very good actress as well, proving to be a good foil for the Doctor in many respects, her performances skillfully ranging from comedy to heavy drama. I actually prefer her to Rose at this point. The effects have improved immensely and perhaps partly because of that you can see how the writers are confident to create bigger and visually more impressive plots and backdrops for these stories to unfold. The score is improving as well, the music providing genuine emotion and good commentary this season although Murray Gold blasts away in almost abandon when he gets a chance to score any scene. Some of them work better than others but also 0the music is best in the series thusfar. 3 episodes to go (the previous one I saw was the brilliant Blink) and I can't wait to see the season finale.

House was a detective? I thought he was a doctor.

I though it was a building.

Supposedly, it's slow and with great visuals so it could be something for me.

That, plus great acting.

LOVED it.

Watched the pilot. It's reasonably good. Not as good as Deadwood but I wasn't expecting that. I'm mainly loving the visuals. From the look of it, I think it's shot on digital because it truly is Avatar sharp and superclear (no grain?). The level of writing is on the par with, let's say, Battlestar Galactica. It's not the crazy quality of a Mad Men, Breaking Bad or The Wire, if anyone should wonder. Of course, things can alway improve as more episodes pass by.

Alex

• 2 weeks later...

I'm rewatching my Animaniacs DVDs. This cartoon has held up amazingly well over the two decades... I find myself laughing at all the in-jokes and references I didn't get when I was younger. And I'm still laughing at the Looney Tunes style slapstick and gags... ah, this is one of the most underrated animated shows out there.

And those DVD sets really allow the viewer to appreciate the orchestral score (the opening song has some nice bass presence), which sounds nice and crisp in 5.1 surround. I wonder why a specialty company like LaLa Land Records hasn't gotten a CD release out for this show... it's all bitty and classic Mickey Mousing mostly, but it would be nice.