What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

I'm rewatching my Animaniacs DVDs. This cartoon has held up amazingly well over the two decades... I find myself laughing at all the in-jokes and references I didn't get when I was younger. And I'm still laughing at the Looney Tunes style slapstick and gags... ah, this is one of the most underrated animated shows out there.

And those DVD sets really allow the viewer to appreciate the orchestral score (the opening song has some nice bass presence), which sounds nice and crisp in 5.1 surround. I wonder why a specialty company like LaLa Land Records hasn't gotten a CD release out for this show... it's all bitty and classic Mickey Mousing mostly, but it would be nice.

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Animaniacs is one of my favorite shows ever! I can't believe volume 4 of the DVD sets still hasn't been released! Luckily all the best episodes are in the first 3 volumes

As for the music, MV recently posted that LLL will look into doing a set of Animaniacs music after a few more volumes of DCAU stuff

After Netflix unceremoniously decided to end my viewing of Stargate Atlantis with about six episodes left -- I had to jump ahead to watch the finale -- I have decided to continue my crush on Jewel Staite and resume Firefly.

It's getting a low score on metacritic too, Koray. I wouldn't risk it and I certainly don't trust your friends. ;)

I don't give a shit what Metacritic says. Why do you always let reviews dictate what you watch?

My friends have horrible taste, but like I said, from the three episodes I saw I thought it was pretty good. You obviously haven't seen any of it, so y'know... go away.

A&E is putting out some solid original scripted programming. The Glades is light and frothy fun, while Longmire has a lot in common with FX's Justified. I say with the latter, the comparison is a good thing. Pairing up Timothy Olymphant's Raylan and Robert Taylor's Longmire in a crossover episode would be fun to see.

It's getting a low score on metacritic too, Koray. I wouldn't risk it and I certainly don't trust your friends. ;)

I don't give a shit what Metacritic says. Why do you always let reviews dictate what you watch?

With so much available in the world, I always do a little inquiry before I spend money on a new series, Koray. For that I rely on my own impressions and that of others (people with good taste like crocs, metacritic and so on). These particular series don't look very special to me and that's how they are being generally perceived. Yes, your friends like it, that's about it. It need something more to convince me. In fact, I'm not interested.

Alex

LOST - pilot episode...just to bring back the memories of a special time long ago...

Game of Thrones is next after Breaking Bad

But we've got 3 more seasons of Breaking Bad after we finish 2 :)

Sadly, and for reasons unknown to me, season 3 of Breaking Bad isn't available in my primitive country ... so I must get it from the UK.

I started watching The Walking Dead as I wanted to see what everyone was talking about. So far, its getting a big meh from me. And the lead actor really rubs me the wrong way. Hopefully it'll pick up soon.

Shark week on Discovery, love the documentaries on Great White, but there are other sharks.

Chopped is fun. I was watching that regularly for a while there.

I've just started Breaking Bad on Netflix. Only a few episodes in, but I can already tell I'm gonna be sticking with this one. Solid show. Reminds me a little of how I felt watching the first few episodes of Dexter - I could just instantly tell that this was quality television. They're also similar in that they each have an extremely unconventional protagonist, come to think of it.

I was about to start Breaking Bad some time ago, but because everyone tells me this is the best thing ever... Well, let's just say my brain still refuses to commit.

Karol

I started watching The Walking Dead as I wanted to see what everyone was talking about. So far, its getting a big meh from me.

Exactly! It's Lost all over again and the writing is very average.

The first season of The Walking Dead was good. The second season featured too much treading water -- let's stay in one place! let's look everywhere and anywhere for our missing person except in the one obvious place! let's fight and make up and fight and make up and fight and then kill each other without getting anywhere! let's make stupid life-ending mistakes! -- and so I agree on the meh part.

Season two has some great, ABSOLUTELY GREAT, moments, among average moments.

LOST contains the phenomenally written arcs of several characters, who all play a role in an utterly original and intriguing plot.. The cliffhangers were a part of its episodic formula (something every show contains) and it is what kept the masses returning every week, but not for those who saw further into its deeply woven script.

It's essentially a 100 hour film.

It's essentially a 100 hour film.

*shudder*

A film in the sense that it's a continuous narrative; whether it's moving forwards, backwards, or sideways is irrelevant, it has a final destination, and that's what makes it stand above the rest for me. It's broken down into the episodic format, but every episode is essential because even when it's not servicing the plot, it's always servicing the characters. The filler is still entertaining to watch. Too many TV shows just drag on aimlessly.

Not to mention Giacchino's magnum opus.