What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

After being disappointed by Red Dragon the other night, I convinced my wife to watch the TV series Hannibal with me.  I watched it as it aired, but she never did because she generally doesn't like gore and scares.  I'm glad she agreed because she really liked the first episode.

I remember very little about the first season so it's a real pleasure to rewatch this show.  I'd forgotten how fucking on POINT it is right from episode 1.  Just a perfect pilot episode.

I get my wife through by periodically saying things like, "Now just remember, these are all very nice normal people playing pretend.  They're having a great time." :P

Yea I can't wait to re-watch that show again someday.  I feel like I still remember it all pretty well, but I'm sure there's tons of stuff I forgot

Gillian Anderson doesn't even show up until a ways in, right?

3 episodes into AMC's The Terror.  Setting, terrific actors and dialogue are real highlights here. 

Spoiler:

TERROR_103_AM_0130_0095-RT-1200x707.jpg

Spoiler

Don't tell me, now that Ciaran Hinds is gone, that the show will suffer from his absence. HBO's Rome was never the same after Cesar died either.

bef1e5c0dcb9f5a0a602d7f5d6879d35.jpg

Holy shit, episode 8 of The Terror was so good.

tumblr_p2prype0w51wx0gc7o1_540.gif

I can't remember the last time I truly hated a character ...

Doing my anual rewatch of Band of Brothers. So. Fucking. Good.

Picked up The Pacific in Blu-ray for €17 yesterday. Never got round to seeing it. I hear it’s not as good as BoB but still pretty decent. 

4 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

Picked up The Pacific in Blu-ray for €17 yesterday. Never got round to seeing it. I hear it’s not as good as BoB but still pretty decent. 

Did you ever see this recent movie called Pilgrimage?  I only just discovered its existence, it seems up your alley, and I'm wondering if it's any good

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilgrimage_(2017_film)

9 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Did you ever see this recent movie called Pilgrimage?  I only just discovered its existence, it seems up your alley, and I'm wondering if it's any good

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilgrimage_(2017_film)

Honestly, that’s the first I’ve heard of it!

We're watching Stargate SG-1 again. That show with more trees than Return of the Jedi, and more body snatching episodes than forty-plus years of Star Trek. 

57 minutes ago, Wojism said:

We're watching Stargate SG-1 again

A true Wojo show. 

Sam-and-Jack-stargate-sg-1-2028866-500-3

Look at it! How bad can a show be?!

I'm currently into "13 reasons why" Season 2. 

I don't usually like movies or series involving "ghosts". :mellow:

Man oh man, The Bold and the Beautiful has had its best year yet so far. From the Spectra rivalry, to Dollar Bill demolishing the Spectra building with Liam still inside, to Steffy having sex with Bill when she learns of Sally kissing Liam, to the whole "Who Shot Bill?" plotline, to the revival of the Steffy/Hope rivalry. It's really been a dramatic year for the Spencer family that they'll never forget.

Ridge and Brooke remarried again though.

On 02/06/2018 at 1:30 AM, Bilbo said:

Why yes it is. One of the best ever. And it hasn’t aged a day.

14 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

You've missed out, but it's not too late!

What kind of shark is that there in yer avatar?

We’re all caught up with Britain’s Best Home Cook and will be watching live for the remaining weeks.

Its really enjoyable!  Doesn’t have the Bake Off magic but that’s fine by me, it comes close.  Commentating together on these gentle British cooking competition shows is something my wife and I have a lot of fun doing.

29 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

We’re all caught up with Britain’s Best Home Cook and will be watching live for the remaining weeks.

Its really enjoyable!  Doesn’t have the Bake Off magic but that’s fine by me, it comes close.  Commentating together on these gentle British cooking competition shows is something my wife and I have a lot of fun doing.

I think you need to open up a B&B Disco Stu.

We love New Girl. We’re only two episodes into the new season. Nick and Schmidt are hilarious, as always. It took Winston a while to find his shtick, but he eventually started stealing the show in the last few seasons.

Right now we’re binge rewatching Arrested Development.