What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

Because people are so gripped by my Seinfeld posts, well the latest update is I watched a triplet of S4 episodes again last night. The first was about a four-way bet between Jerry, George, Kramer and Elaine that none of them would give into masturbation. So the episode of course revolved around seeing each fail one by one. The second episode was another one of those enjoyable 'outdoor adventure' instalments (I do like that Seinfeld frequently goes on the road and away from the familiarity of the apartment), at the airport and with Jerry in first class sat next to the blonde while Elaine complains to herself in her head (again) in 'coach' (we call that 'economy' in the UK). Meanwhile George and Kramer landed the two best shots of the whole episode. The third and final episode of the night was mainly about Elaine's nipple and Jerry's nose scratching/picking.

We were on a roll! That human sound, alien to a few of you freaks, "laughter", was heard emanating from our cosily lamp lit living room all evening. 

The themes, sight gags and the way the storylines were so carefully contrived so as to deliver the big poetic punchline right at the end, they were all classic Larry David inventions. Each and every scenario is recognisable as having his touch, indeed parts were uncanny to me - lines and reactions from both Jerry and George were totally foreshadowing Larry's later classic characteristics in Curb. It was fascinating.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-09-04-superman-henry-cavill-cast-as-geralt-in-witcher-netflix-series

Only a couple of weeks back I saw the IGN interview on YouTube where Cavill joked that he'd love to play the The Witcher, and now he's actually nabbed the part! Good for him.

Quintus - looking forward to this more than Amazon's Middle-Earth series.

10 hours ago, Quintus said:

Because people are so gripped by my Seinfeld posts, well the latest update is I watched a triplet of S4 episodes again last night. The first was about a four-way bet between Jerry, George, Kramer and Elaine that none of them would give into masturbation. So the episode of course revolved around seeing each fail one by one. The second episode was another one of those enjoyable 'outdoor adventure' instalments (I do like that Seinfeld frequently goes on the road and away from the familiarity of the apartment), at the airport and with Jerry in first class sat next to the blonde while Elaine complains to herself in her head (again) in 'coach' (we call that 'economy' in the UK). Meanwhile George and Kramer landed the two best shots of the whole episode. The third and final episode of the night was mainly about Elaine's nipple and Jerry's nose scratching/picking.

We were on a roll! That human sound, alien to a few of you freaks, "laughter", was heard emanating from our cosily lamp lit living room all evening. 

The themes, sight gags and the way the storylines were so carefully contrived so as to deliver the big poetic punchline right at the end, they were all classic Larry David inventions. Each and every scenario is recognisable as having his touch, indeed parts were uncanny to me - lines and reactions from both Jerry and George were totally foreshadowing Larry's later classic characteristics in Curb. It was fascinating.

Told you!

16 hours ago, Quintus said:

The third and final episode of the night was mainly about Elaine's nipple and Jerry's nose scratching/picking.

Ah. And if I remember correctly, soon you'll embark upon a young girl's strange, erotic journey from Milan to Minsk.

I'm going to continue with Rebels as the final episode of season one was exactly the type of episode I'd wanted from the show. It sets up a lot, so I'm obliged as a Jerrian Star Wars fan to march on with it. If you've seen it, wasn't the Fulcrum reveal unexpected?

Watched all of Season One of the new Lost In Space. I'm not sure if this was intentional, but this whole endeavour felt more like a retread of that 90s sci-fi show Earth 2. The premise of each show was almost identical. I don't really mind the spin so much, but there comes a point where it's not quite "Lost In Space" anymore. But thankfully the finale resolves this issue, setting up a second season that promises to depict the Robinson family marooned in the middle of nowhere and constantly looking over their shoulders as the duplicitous Dr Smith lurks around to cause some costly mischief.

And this new Dr Smith. I dunno. Without spoiling anything, the alteration to her background is ridiculously convoluted, but I suppose they wanted to make her more "complex" or disturbed. Having the character now played by a woman is no real biggie since Smith was always a bit of a shrieking old poof anyway. Season 2 will probably forget all that shit and just let her get on being "Daddy Zach" and the real fun begins...

On 1/31/2017 at 3:43 PM, Stefancos said:

Drunk History?

On 1/31/2017 at 4:28 PM, Jay said:

On 1/31/2017 at 4:58 PM, Stefancos said:

People talking about history while drunk? And this is on TV?

On 2/1/2017 at 12:08 AM, Stefancos said:

The UK version has Jimmy Carr, hmmm...could be good.

On 2/1/2017 at 3:06 AM, Quintus said:

I've never heard of it, so possibly not.

9 hours ago, Jay said:

Finished Drunk History UK season 3.  Still pales in comparison to the US original

I've had the first three US seasons on DVD since Christmas. Still haven't watched them because my Blu-ray players aren't region free and my old DVD player can't handle them for some reason. Don't fancy watching them at the PC. I might have to rip them and burn them to region free DVD-Rs...

Well so far I've watched Stranger Things, Lost In Space, House of Cards, Scream, and Star Trek: Discovery. Some are good but not transcendentally knock-your-socks-off awesome. Am I just not doing this Golden Age TV thing right? Is there something wrong with my aerial?

1 minute ago, Stefancos said:

TV is still just TV, Drax. There's just a lot more of it now.

No, thanks to cable, TV has gone through a real renaissance, but that doesn't mean every TV show is golden. Those who believed that Netflix only made masterpieces has been listening to the wrong news channels. And even if it were true, it wouldn't mean that Drax would love them all. Personally, I prefer Showtime, HBO, AMC, ...

2 hours ago, Cherry Pie That'll Kill Ya said:

Well so far I've watched Stranger Things, Lost In Space, House of Cards, Scream, and Star Trek: Discovery. Some are good but not transcendentally knock-your-socks-off awesome. Am I just not doing this Golden Age TV thing right? Is there something wrong with my aerial?

Scream and Star Trek Discovery are not Netflix originals.  Scream is an MTV show and Star Trek Discovery is a CBS show; Netflix simply purchased the exclusive rights to broadcast them in other countries after the fact.

The other 3 you mentioned are true Netflix originals (funded by Netflix money and elusively on Netflix in every country)

13 minutes ago, Jay said:

Scream and Star Trek Discovery are not Netflix originals.  Scream is an MTV show and Star Trek Discovery is a CBS show; Netflix simply purchased the exclusive rights to broadcast them in other countries after the fact.

Netflix does put the "Netflix original" tag on these shows, so you can't blame Drax for assuming they're exclusively Netflix.

Discovery is a CBS production, but I believe season one was mostly funded by Netflix. They're paying a lot less for season 2.