What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

8 hours ago, Jay said:

Yup great show!!

I didn't like Season 2 quite as much as Season 1, but it's great overall

Any specifics as to why? As much as I loved Episode 5, I did find it pushing too far out of realism with the encounter with the daughter.

I really dig the format and pacing. Each episode has a clear arc and enticing conclusion. And at 30ish minutes an episode, perfectly paced. It doesn’t outstay it’s welcome. Great writing from Hader and Alec Berg. 

A couple thousand angry Christians petitioned and commentbombed Netflix to cancel Good Omens, they finally replied that they will do everything in their power to do that.

Good Omens is made by Amazon Prime.

Prime replied to this territorial aggression by threatening to cancel Stranger Things.

22 hours ago, KK said:

I thought Alex loved The Crown?

The Crown is definitely better than Downton Abbey, though it gets pretty soapy in its own way.

Claire Foy is brilliant and indeed a beauty.

With the exception of a few short moments, I wouldn't call it soapy either. It does, however, humanises the Royal Family in a way that has never been done or seen before.

BTW, I thought her sister was more sexy ... ;)

1 hour ago, Alexcremers said:

With the exception of a few short moments, I wouldn't call it soapy either. It does, however, humanises the Royal Family in a way that has never been done or seen before.

BTW, I thought her sister was more sexy ... ;)

More so than the Helen Mirren movie?

And that sister, I dunno, I suppose she looks better here than with that blonde hair she had in Mission Impossible 6.

How is it that HBO, Hulu, Netflix, Showtime and Amazon became the home and future for proper dramatic storytelling? Anyone else remember when these were all the sorts of films that Paramount was churning out in the 70s, 80s and 90s? How did I miss all this? I suppose having slow internet didn't help.

On 6/22/2019 at 4:58 PM, Alexcremers said:

Exactly what it's there for, Royalist propaganda!

2 hours ago, The Original said:

How is it that HBO, Hulu, Netflix, Showtime and Amazon became the home and future for proper dramatic storytelling? Anyone else remember when these were all the sorts of films that Paramount was churning out in the 70s, 80s and 90s? How did I miss all this? I suppose having slow internet didn't help.

You're forgetting AMC, home of David Lynch's favorite TV show.

50 minutes ago, Dieter Stark said:

Does that include Batman and Titanic?

Fake news is an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us; it binds the galaxy together.

3 hours ago, The Original said:

People all make fun of me because I'm only just learning about all these posh TV channels.

Shouldn't you be watching Fox shows like Bones, Lucifer or 9-1-1 instead? 

27 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

Not at all (quite the opposite), but I do think Fox shows could be tailor-made for Drax. 

Like The X-Files, The Simpsons, Buffy, Angel, Lost in Space, Batman, The Time Tunnel, etc?

38 minutes ago, The Original said:

Like The X-Files, The Simpsons, Buffy, Angel, Lost in Space, Batman, The Time Tunnel, etc?

Star Trek Discovery, The Orville, ... 

29 minutes ago, The Original said:

What happened to Paramount?

Paramount and CBS split in the mid 00's I think. CBS has the rights to Star Trek as a TV franchise, Paramount owns the movies, and I think, the Kelvin universe.

3 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

They will probably be the first major studio to go under. All they have left is Mission: Impossible. 

It's sad that it all depends on what franchises they have, not the quality of movies. Let's face it, film is dead.

However, in TV land, everything is possible and quality is king! Chernobyl wasn't a franchise before it became a smash hit.