Jay

What is the last Television series you watched?

Parents remember the only "news" around was people being heavily discouraged to pick and eat salad and lettuce from their gardens.

I thought it lost all steam and tension in Episode 4, but the "full explanation" in Ep5 was worth it. It was pretty good in all.

I live in the south. We know more about racism than most. 

Watched NOS4R2 again last night. Having never read the novel I am hust enjoying it for what it is. I am sure King's novel is better.

Anyone else watch The Act?

Good Jeff Russo score. Another show using anamorphic lenses for TV, I'm not sure what the meaning is, but it looks cool. Why are all these new dramatic shows so dark and disturbing? I'm starting to miss Mister Ed.

Yea I've talked about how many shows are now 2:1 on this board several times.  Fincher started the trend with the House of Cards pilot

18 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

2:1 by mathematical definition provides a wider field of view than 1.78:1...

Not necessarily if the resulting image originates from a full frame image captured through a standard spherical lens. They've simply cropped it more, not made it wider.

23 minutes ago, The Original said:

Not necessarily if the resulting image originates from a full frame image captured through a standard spherical lens. They've simply cropped it more, not made it wider.

That's all the aspect ratio/wideness of an image is: The ratio of horizontal vs vertical content. An image gets wider by using a wide angle lens or moving further away from the subject, and less wider by using a tele lens, moving closer, or cropping. Assuming the framing is the intended goal, you choose from these options to achieve it.

Barry - Season 2

This show is fantastic. Career highs for Bill Hader, Stephen Root, and Henry Winkler. Always loved the last two in their supporting roles over the years, but it’s great to see them shine here. Up there as one of my favorite black comedies alongside In Bruges. Episode 5 is a marvel on the technical front. 

Yup great show!!

I didn't like Season 2 quite as much as Season 1, but it's great overall

My wife and I both loved seasons 1 and 2.  I am very curious to see how smooth the transition will be to season 3 with a completely new cast, no holdovers from the first two at all as far as I know.

I thought Alex loved The Crown?

The Crown is definitely better than Downton Abbey, though it gets pretty soapy in its own way.

Claire Foy is brilliant and indeed a beauty.

8 hours ago, Jay said:

Yup great show!!

I didn't like Season 2 quite as much as Season 1, but it's great overall

Any specifics as to why? As much as I loved Episode 5, I did find it pushing too far out of realism with the encounter with the daughter.

I really dig the format and pacing. Each episode has a clear arc and enticing conclusion. And at 30ish minutes an episode, perfectly paced. It doesn’t outstay it’s welcome. Great writing from Hader and Alec Berg. 

A couple thousand angry Christians petitioned and commentbombed Netflix to cancel Good Omens, they finally replied that they will do everything in their power to do that.

Good Omens is made by Amazon Prime.

Prime replied to this territorial aggression by threatening to cancel Stranger Things.