What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

I LOVE OUTLANDER!

I read almost all the books and the TV series is great.

Many sexy scenes in the book and series (too much maybe?), including gay sex, as two major characters are gay in this series: the terrible and bad Jonathan "Black Jack" Randal and the good Lord John Grey.

The sexy Jamie Fraser will cross swords with these two, in two very... different manners.

Jamie-and-BlackJack.jpg

tumblr_ox5kswRVBU1ub7ayfo4_500.gif

I started watching Outlander for Moore and McCreary. It does have a strong soapy aspect that at least takes some getting used to, and as Jay said, the time travel element is mainly used as a setup (though it does pop up in the plot a couple of times, and it drives the larger emotional arcs). It's really well made though, and despite (or perhaps because of?) the soapy stuff it manages to create a strong attachment to its characters that pays off during the emotional climaxes. It never stops having a excess of soap, but I think it's worth enduring because when the show gets good, it's really good. Plus you get more Scottish than in all other shows I'm aware of combined, so it's worth seeing just for the language.

I've mostly been watching it on Netflix, which gets the the seasons horribly late, meaning I'm used to have the latest soundtrack lying around in shrinkwrap for the better part of a year before opening it. Currently I'm using my Amazon Prime test membership to catch up with S4.

1 hour ago, Quintus said:

What happened to Game of Thrones?

On 6/1/2019 at 11:21 PM, The Original said:

So I've finished Season 1, but it'll be a while until I can see more because that was the only season I bought on blu-ray about five years ago.

This Outlander show, it reminds me of Dr Quinn Medicine Woman. Like the tall chick, she's not a doctor, she's a nurse, but she's a forward thinking woman living in the olden days in a man's world, and she falls for a big manly man with a heart of gold.

Episode 5 of Barry's second season just blew the lid off this already wildly unpredictable series, and whereas I'd been considering it a pleasant and amusing filler show up till now, it has instantly ascended to essential status from here on in after this absolutely nuts instalment. Kill Bill on TV? I'll take that, yes siree! Laugh out loud funny and properly brilliant, you'd be daft to skip it.

XoAxzQL.jpg

I still like the season 1 finale the best but that kid fight episode was dope

On 5/13/2019 at 9:46 AM, Disco Stu said:

Agents of SHIELD is renewed?   Why was I under the impression that it was building up to a planned series finale?  I don't actually watch, I just thought that it was wrapping up on its own terms for some reason.

On 5/13/2019 at 9:47 AM, Jay said:

I've never seen it either, but the 6th season just premiered 3 days ago, and it was already renewed for a season 7 before that even started.

And now they've already finished filming all of season 7, even though the season 6 finale hasn't even aired yet.

What's so great about Monica being disturbingly weird and annoying? I also think the show in general makes romance seem pretty trivial and unimportant (date, ditch, date, sex, ditch…)

14 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Friends, final episode of season 2. Thank God it's almost over, now I really dislike Monica. Not gonna watch season 3 for a while.

Why do you torture yourself?

I'm trying not to binge-watch the new Family Guy season and used Friends as a back-up. No more.

Also, Ross might be controlling, but he's very likeable. And don't get me started about Phoebe when she takes out that guitar...

From what I remember, Friends was a huge hit in the UK. But so many US sitcoms are. Cheers, Frasier, Will and Grace, Big Bang... all very popular and beloved here. But not Seinfeld. That didn't become pop culture here.

Every character on Friends is grossly off-putting and awful.  I don't understand the appeal of watching assholes who think they're nice be assholes at each other.  Seinfeld's characters at least embrace being monsters.

Anyway, 3rd Rock is better than both.

My coworker who I talk with about Fargo, Legion, Better Call Saul, and Westworld with started watching The Boys and says its awesome, but I dunno if I'm really in the mood for more dark and violent TV right now