Jay

What is the last Television series you watched?

We watched the pilot episode of Fleabag on Amazon. It was pretty funny. 

But the time between the giant asshole joke's setup and payoff was way too long

The Boys is easily, easily the best thing I've seen this year. Granted, I've actually watched very little in the way of new content in 2019 (I thought I watched The Terror this year however I think that was last autumn), but damn this nasty superhero twist on Marv -scratch that: The Boys is entirely its own thing. It's badass. 

This guy:

RyIfiBT.png

is scary as fuck.

The Watchmen better watch out ;)

So now that Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones are over (I'm up to Season 4 of BB, by the way), what are the current big zeitgeist shows that people go gaga over? I mean those extreme high-end type shows that all the snobs love. Do they exist? Does Westworld count? Because I've watched all that so far.

I'd go for 'City on a Hill', 'Chernobyl', 'Succession', 'Mindhunters', 'Dark Crystal' , 'Bosch' and/or 'Club de Cuervos', the only shows in the last 12 months i didn't give up on after 2 episodes.

1 hour ago, publicist said:

I'd go for 'City on a Hill', 'Chernobyl', 'Succession', 'Mindhunters', 'Dark Crystal' , 'Bosch' and/or 'Club de Cuervos', the only shows in the last 12 months i didn't give up on after 2 episodes.

Yeah I've seen Chernobyl, which is more of a mini-series than an ongoing seasonal TV series. I have Succession taped, so I might dive into that next.

Dark Crystal is modern snob TV?

I watched it with the kid (who loves all things superhero) and I thought it was a much better watch than our previous encounters of superhero TV series (Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Daredevil, blah, blah, blah, ...)

Yesterday I started watching The Spy.

the-spy-netflix-poster.jpg

13 Reasons Why (Season 3)

Not a fan of the show, but as a force of habit I've had to see this thing through to the end. There are some serious issues with the narrative and the writing, but there are also some excellent scenes which are made through the acting alone. 

First episode of Bad Omens, which was switched off after around 20 mins. I'm not having much luck lately.

This was real weak though. They aimed for quirky but accidentally landed on wacky. And as we all know, wacky is never ever good.

2 hours ago, Quintus said:

First episode of Bad Omens, which was switched off after around 20 mins. I'm not having much luck lately.

This was real weak though. They aimed for quirky but accidentally landed on wacky. And as we all know, wacky is never ever good.

I enjoyed it well enough. But its not your kinda thing.

9 hours ago, Quintus said:

Are you talking about the Michael Sheen/David Tennant show, which was called Good Omens? Or is there a different show, called Bad Omens? If so I've never heard of that one 

2 hours ago, Quintus said:

I watched the first series of Sherlock though, and it was good. I just didn't think the script seemed up to scratch in Bad Omens.

You aren't wrong that the script has issues. 

Catching some of The Emmys after finishing season 1 of Good Girls. Hearing Jodie Comers natural accent was a trip. 

They way they are quickly going through every award with no fluff in between us great, the Oscars should follow suit