The cheap CD offers thread

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I ordered this back on the 25th of November.

It was dispatched December 24th with a delivery estimate of Jan 6th.

It is now the 11th and it hasn't arrived (status is still "In transit"). Should I be worried?

I'm in the US and I've never ordered from Amazon UK before.

And mine still hasn't been shipped...(order dating back to November 27th)

Just noticed the price is back to normal too...(if £76.99's a normal price for that.. :unsure: <_<)

I ordered mine the same time as you, and had same dispatch date.

It arrived last Wednesday.

You know what our post is like - especially after the snow.

By the way this was a bargain. Excellent price.

If you still need the ROTK CR, Amazon UK is where you should get it:

Price: £15.99

So, I ordered this back on the 25th of November.

It was dispatched December 24th with a delivery estimate of Jan 6th.

It is now the 11th and it hasn't arrived (status is still "In transit"). Should I be worried?

I'm in the US and I've never ordered from Amazon UK before.

And yet, last Monday I bought a book from southeast Asia with free shipping. TNT Express got it to my house in Pennsylvania in four days, and by going west around the world, no less.

Sometimes shipping is impossibly fast. I remember awhile back a guy on eBay was selling his JW collection because he needed the cash, and I picked up like 4 or 5 of them. He was in Washington state, me in Maryland. Two days after the listing ended, I open the door to a giant mound of bubble mailers on my doorstep.

And yet, last Monday I bought a book from southeast Asia with free shipping. TNT Express got it to my house in Pennsylvania in four days, and by going west around the world, no less.

Hey, I'm trying to be optimistic here! :P

It just depends on the shipping and influx of packages. I ordered one R2 DVD from Amazon.de in 2007, and it took a month to arrive. (It took roughly the same amount of time for my Fujifilm cartridges to arrive from Hong Kong.) But I ordered from Amazon.de again two years ago, and it took 1-2 weeks for my package to get here.

As for cheap CDs, I recently bought a used copy of Elfman's Batman from Screen Archives for 2.95. Wasn't the expanded LLL release, the original release. Also bought a new OOP copy of Hollywood '95 for $4.95.

• 2 weeks later...

If you still need the ROTK CR, Amazon UK is where you should get it:

Price: £15.99

My copy finally arrived today! :woop:

Still can't believe that price.

I have to say, the packaging is quite nice. Only problem was the rubber grip holding the DVD had come off.

But it was still tacky so I just stuck it back on and it looks like it'll hold as long as I'm careful when I remove the disc.

Here's hoping for another impossible sale featuring the other two this time.

You must have had one of the last in stock then, cause I also had an "end of december" approx. shipping date.

Now I have :

Not yet dispatched

We'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date for this item. You can cancel at any time.

Been like that since...the end of december.

• 3 months later...

Anybody know where I could get a relatively cheap copy of the score to The Towering Inferno?

Since La La Land paid for the rights to re-issue The Poseidon Adventure and it sold out in less than 48 hours, it is logical to assume they'll do the same for The Towering Inferno.

Especially considering Fox is the studio who owns the rights, and they are notoriously easy to work with

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

La-La Land is indeed coming out with an expanded release. They had hoped to have it out by this summer's Comic Con, but it got delayed. No new release date has been mentioned by MV, though Goldenthal's facebook did at one point say it was coming out in October.

I did find a rare Morricone western score I had wanted a long long time ago in the same category at SAE, though. I'll be keeping an eye on that section from now on.

I buy tons of stuff there. Currently in the mail is Braveheart for $0.99.

• 2 months later...

Lord of the Rings Symphony

Batman: Arkham City

Chinatown OST (Jerry Goldsmith)

The Searchers (Max Steiner)

Who Framed Roger Rabbit OST (Silvestri)

I'm on page 14, and there is a LOT of good soundtracks in there. It's like Amazon is charging only $4.99 for everything in their stock.

If you can live with lower bitrate MP3 instead of CD, what a deal.

Elmer Bernstein's To Kill a Mockingbird is there, for those who don't want to buy the massive FSM set.