Upcoming Soundtracks

MattyO

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you ever see RC, RCP or MV, the person is talking about Remote Control Productions.

Thanks!

Is that a real company, or a sarcastic name for the ridiculous formula movies we are inundated with these days? lol

(Edit: OK I looked it up and now I remember what that is...never really paid much attention to it.)

Zimmer defined the modern warfare genre with Black Hawk Down, but has yet to return to it. I suppose Tears Of The Sun could fall into that category, but it's a much different film.

I haven't noticed many war movies incorporating that sound.

There's a plausible argument to be made that scores such as Thomas Newman's Jarhead and Danny Elfman's The Kingdom bear some Black Hawk Down influence.

I forgot about these too. I didn't like them and I listened to them only once. On the other hand, I really like Black Hawk Down, it's one of my favourite Zimmer's soundtracks.

Man, it'd be really cool to have a contemporary war movie with an old-school war movie style and score to it. Big rambunctious main theme, ripping full-blooded/orchestrated action cues...oh, yeah baby.

May 19th on Warner Bros Records.

Thanks Mark.

What I want to know is the Track list!

Man, it'd be really cool to have a contemporary war movie with an old-school war movie style and score to it. Big rambunctious main theme, ripping full-blooded/orchestrated action cues...oh, yeah baby.

Amen.

I wonder what we can expect from "Inglorious Basterds". Will it now have an original score or not?

It won't. We can definitely expect a good soundtrack though. Morricone was going to do it, but the Weinstein's are pushing for an earlier release date than Tarantino wanted, so Morricone's schedule isn't open.

Has anyone found a release date for Up yet?

There doesn't seem to be any info outside of the Pixar compilation album due soon.

At this point we have to wonder if there will be a score album at all!

I would hope so. Given the success of his last two Pixar scores it would be odd to not release an album.

Unless something stupid happened in post production.

Not particularly interest in Up really, unless it turns out to have some amazing, epic cues.

I noticed Varese is releasing more Prison Break from seasons 3 & 4. If they choose the material well it might be worth buying. I like the first album anyway.

The movie flopped with test audiences and Giacchino's score will be replaced with Generic Horner Score #78.

Some crazy Italians interview Zimmer at the Angels & Demons premiere. You can tell that he totally wants to get out of there :lol:

He seems to have totally lost his sanity... He tells the journalist about starting from scratch, adventure, forgetting about the previous movie and its music..., while most of the samples suggest it will be DVC remixed and its themes will play pivotal role in the new movie.

I just miraculously found a copy of Angels & Demons in a Perth store and indeed, Mr Zimmer has basically reused and epicalised the existing themes from Da Vinci Code. There's some more Crimson Tide sound in the first track "160 BPM" and the violin solos are nice. I'll give it a complete listen and give some other comments.

The movie flopped with test audiences and Giacchino's score will be replaced with Generic Horner Score #78.

Generic Horner animation score? I'll take it!

I just miraculously found a copy of Angels & Demons in a Perth store and indeed, Mr Zimmer has basically reused and epicalised the existing themes from Da Vinci Code. There's some more Crimson Tide sound in the first track "160 BPM" and the violin solos are nice. I'll give it a complete listen and give some other comments.

I listened to AaD and it sucks... My innitial impression is exactly the same as it was after the samples on various sites. There are quotes from Hannibal as well.

Yes, sadly I am not overwhelmed by the score, I'm barely even whelmed. It sounds like he gave this one to the ghostwriters. I was with him on The Dark Knight, but my patience is wearing thin. WTF was he thinking with his "starting from scratch" comment. Every damn track contains a reference to DVC. "Science And Religion" is a small respite and the reprise of the reworked "Che Valiers De Sangreal" in the final track is welcome, albeit brief.

Maybe the journalist misquoted him, and all Hansy did was start by scratching his bum, and then just writing the music Ouija board-style, and that's the best he came up with.

Now this was interesting... I just started playing God Particle, and at about 11 seconds, my mind was surprised when the violin didn't continue playing the theme in The All Spark from Transformers.

And I've had a skirmish through the rest. This is absolute crap IMO.

Pretended we didn't have a theme, we had nothing... what sort of crap is that Hans?

Now this was interesting... I just started playing God Particle, and at about 11 seconds, my mind was surprised when the violin didn't continue playing the theme in The All Spark from Transformers.

And I've had a skirmish through the rest. This is absolute crap IMO.

Pretended we didn't have a theme, we had nothing... what sort of crap is that Hans?

Unlike most of people who post here, I appreciate a lot of Hans' works. I simply find pleasure in listening to them, despite all the shortcomings. But this one is absolutely one of the worst things he's ever released.

I just miraculously found a copy of Angels & Demons in a Perth store and indeed, Mr Zimmer has basically reused and epicalised the existing themes from Da Vinci Code. There's some more Crimson Tide sound in the first track "160 BPM" and the violin solos are nice.

Oh, OK, so no big surprise. Pretty much as most of us expected, I guess.

It's sort of the coalescence of Zimmer's development through the 80s until now and depending on whether you enjoy that Zimmer sound or not will dictate whether you like this score or not. I don't completely detest it, I just expected a lot more from this project. The score sounds more like a developmental progression from The Dark Knight than from The Da Vinci Code.

*SPOILERS BELOW*

I think Ron Howard made a misstep in choosing Zimmer for these films as I believe James Horner would have been the perfect man for the job. I just would have had to be prepared to hear the "danger theme" whenever Silas attacked or each time a cardinal dies. Still, Zimmer's score has the same thumping synth beats as each looming death approaches.

Still, Zimmer's score has the same thumping synth beats as each looming death approaches.

It must be called a leitmotif, I guess. :lol:

Oc - f****g - tober?

There was less than a month's delay with Wall-E... I hope they've got a really good anti-piracy plan, because if we can get a blu-ray rip before it comes out over here, that's their own fault.

Yeah, I've known that Up has been pushed back to September in Australia to coincide with the school holidays here. The same thing happened to Wall-E, so I expected Up to follow suit. Still, that won't stop me from buying the soundtrack from the States, if and when we get any details on it. Has something happened in post-production, considering it's Pete Docter's first collaboration with Giacchino?

Yes, but I don't know how much advertising the film is getting in the US. Maybe it's something being kept on the down-low, or maybe the soundtrack will just appear once the film is released. I can't imagine there's a problem as the film with finished score has received favourable pre-release screening reviews.

I hope Batman: TAS Vol. II comes at a later time this year, otherwise I might have to start selling my organs.

May 19

Night At The Museum: Battle Of The Smithsonian

Music Composed and Conducted by Alan Silvestri

No Tracklist yet

Sound clips: http://www.colosseum.de/product_info.php/i...m-Museum-2.html

Pretty much the same as the first, except there's a new Pirates of the Caribbean sounding theme (Escape In Wright Flyer). Quite ironic, that.

Who knows, that could have been Silvestri's original music he was going to use on POTC before he left the project.

It's similar but nowhere near a direct rip.

By the way the track list is below the samples.

Who knows, that could have been Silvestri's original music he was going to use on POTC before he left the project.

That would have been really cool! And also could have changed Silvestri's carrer forever, making him a really well-recognised composer.

But I guess someday he will release what he had composed for POTC and I'm sure it won't dissapoint us.

I seriously doubt it, considering it sounds almost the same. And since the beginnings of Zimmer's theme can be traced through his filmography, it wouldn't make sense for Silvestri to come up with something so similar.