Upcoming Soundtracks

MattyO

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who knows, that could have been Silvestri's original music he was going to use on POTC before he left the project.

That's an interesting concept. I would have liked to have heard Silvestri's take on POTC. He probably would have done a better job than what Zimmer and Co. did.

Well Gore Verbinski dumped him for Hans. Now we'll never know!

Technically, if I'm not mistaken, it was Jerry Bruckheimer who made Silvestri leave the project...

From what was said at the time, it appears Silvestri realized he couldn't work with Bruckheimer and they had a mutual split.

Yeah it was probably Bruckheimer, but it's not like Jerry went around following Gore Verbinski making sure he never hired Silvestri again. He stuck with Hans for all his films afterwards.

Could #95 be a complete Batman Forever? I've seen it requested of LaLaLand multiple times on FSM.

Or maybe it's an expanded/complete version of Elfman's Batman or Goldenthal's Batman & Robin.

An expanded Elfman's Batman would be a must buy, so while I hope it gets released some day I hope it's not so soon or like I said I may have to sell a kidney or something. It's been a very expensive year for CDs (great though) and it's still not September which it's going to be brutal to my wallet.

This Fall/Winter is going to be killer because of these games that come out. There are like 5-10 games that I really want. May right now is killer because of all the scores. Ugh, I need a job.

Why what happens in September?

Don't worry, it's not score related. On 09-09-09 the entire Beatles catalog is going to be released remastered for the first time both in stereo and mono, so I can finally say goodbye to the obsolete CDs from 1987, but it's going to be quite expensive (The Beatles Rockband is also released that day)

I could never understand why they didn't release a "#2" album to accompany the best selling "#1" album from 2000..... That album only had like half of their best-known songs...

Sometimes I think Apple Corps. doesn't like making money, that's why there's no #2, no Let it be on DVD, no Hollywood Bowl or Shea Stadium DVD and only now after 22 years they're getting around to remaster the Catalog. No wonder they're the most bootleged band in history.

Could #95 be a complete Batman Forever? I've seen it requested of LaLaLand multiple times on FSM.

Or maybe it's an expanded/complete version of Elfman's Batman or Goldenthal's Batman & Robin.

When is this announcement supposed to take place? I would love an expanded/complete version of Elfman's Batman, I'd buy it in a heart beat.

MV didn't say when the anncouncement would be made, but I'd assume sometime before July 21st

I just miraculously found a copy of Angels & Demons in a Perth store and indeed, Mr Zimmer has basically reused and epicalised the existing themes from Da Vinci Code. There's some more Crimson Tide sound in the first track "160 BPM" and the violin solos are nice.

Oh, OK, so no big surprise. Pretty much as most of us expected, I guess.

I've taken a second listen to this, and particularly if I'm in the mood, it's actually not that bad. Zimmer haters won't find a lot, but I think the rest of us might eventually find something to enjoy in this. Particularly the last few minutes of Science and Religion - heavenly. And now that I'm listening in a quieter environment, Immolation sounds like a cross between "Watch the World Burn" and "Am I Not Merciful", two tracks I really like, and Election by Adoration is actually a quite nice platform for 2 themes from Da Vinci.

I think I'm starting to like this score after all.

I've heard Batman scores from both composers, and Goldenthal's clicked instantly, Elfman's didn't.

9 tracks and 10 minute bulks are not my thing. Despite loving the first, I doubt Angels And Demons will click with me.

Plus, when you have these bulk tracks from Zimmer, it most likely means that it is a tortured version of the music that very scarcely resembles the film version. Different mixes, unused music interwoven, edits, etc. It will probably be like The Dark Knight album, some cues being normal, others("A Dark Knight" for example) are just abominations of music being slammed together.

Just found this over at MovieMusic.

Pretty lame I think - a free bonus track in exchange for giving them your e-mail addy for any crap they feel like throwing you.

But it doesn't e-mail the link or anything so fake addresses ahoy..

Koray may find this interesting but supposedly this is the track list for Inglourious Basterds:

The Green Leaves of Summer

(d’après le film ALAMO)

De Dimitri Tiomkin,

The Verdict

(Dopo la condanna)

D’Ennio Morricone

Interprété par

Ennio Morricone

L’incontro con la figlia

D’Ennio Morricone

White Lightning

(Chanson principale du film LES BOOTLEGGERS)

De Charles Bernstein

Interprété par Charles Bernstein

Il mercenario (ripresa)

D’Ennio Morricone

Interprété par Ennio Morricone

Slaughter

De Billy Preston

Interprété par Billy Preston

Algeri: 1 novembre 1954

(LA BATAILLE D’ALGER)

D’Ennio Morricone,Gillo Pontecorvo

Interprété par Ennio Morricone,Gillo Pontecorvo

The Surrender

( La resa )

D’Ennio Morricone

One Silver Dollar

(Un Dollaro Bucato)

De Gianni Ferrio

Bath Attack

(d’après le film L’EMPRISE) (The Entity?)

De Charles Bernstein

Interprété par Charles Bernstein

Davon Geht Die

Welt Nicht Unter

De Bruno Balz,Michael Jary

Interprété par Zarah Leander

The Man With The Big Sombrero

De Phil Boutelje,Foster Carling

Interprété par Sam Shelton and the Michael Andrew Orchestra

Ich Wollt Ich

Waer Ein Huhn

De Hans-Fritz Beckmann, Peter Kreuder

Interprété par Lilian Harvey, Willy Fritsch, Paul Kemp

Cat People

(Putting Out The Fire)

De David Bowie, Giorgio Moroder

Mystic and Severe

D’Ennio Morricone

The Devil’s Rumble

(d’après le film DEVIL’S ANGELS)

De Mike Curb

Interprété par The Arrows

What I’d Say

Zulus

D’Elmer Bernstein

Un Amico

D’Ennio Morricone

Interprété parEnnio Morricone

Tiger Tank

De Lalo Schifrin

Eastern Condors

Rabbia e Tarantella

D’Ennio Morricone

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41086

It's definitely believable, but would Tarantino really reuse Il Mercenario from Kill Bill Vol. 2?

It's a Western piece, and although he describes the film as a Spaghetti Western in Nazi-occupied France, I don't see how it would fit. But hey, it's Tarantino, he can make anything work.

Here's something I put together to help myself keep track, hopefully it will be of use to someone else to

May 5th

Michael Giacchino - Star Trek (Varese) (amazon link)

Harry Gregson Williams - X Men Origins: Wolverine (Varese) (amazon link)

May 12th

Michael Giacchino - Lost Season 4 (Varese) (amazon link)

Hans Zimmer - Angels and Demons (Sony) (amazon link)

May 19th

Alan Silvestri - Night At The Museum 2 (Varese) (amazon link)

Danny Elfman - Terminator 4 (Warner Brothers) (amazon link)

May 26

Michael Giacchino - Up (Disney) (amazon link)

June 2

June 9

Michael Giacchino - Land of the Lost (Varese) (amazon link)

June 16

June 23

John Powell - Ice Age 3 (Varese)

Steve Jablonsky - Transformers 2 (amazon link)

June 30

Elliot Goldenthal - Public Enemies (Decca) (amazon link)

July 7

Nicholas Hooper - Harry Potter 6 (New Line) (amazon link)

?

Alan Silvestri - GI Joe (Varese)

Public Enemies could be an excellent score. Goldenthal's a fine composer, and with the subject matter I'm highly interested in hearing what he's done for the film.

I agree, that music seems to be a bit too rambunctious for what Public Enemies seems to be shaping up to be. But then again, "Pickled Heads" seems too rambunctious for Titus (I never saw it, but I cannot possibly imagine what kind of scene it would accompany)...you never know what you are going to get with Elliot Goldenthal.

But I guess someday he will release what he had composed for POTC and I'm sure it won't dissapoint us.

It's shit. Jerry booting him off the project is like the best decision he's ever made.

But I guess someday he will release what he had composed for POTC and I'm sure it won't dissapoint us.

It's shit. Jerry booting him off the project is like the best decision he's ever made.

What a needlessly inflammatory comment.