6. Science And Religion (12:27)
7. Immolation (3:38)
8. Election By Adoration (2:12)
9. 503 (2:14)

May 19

Night At The Museum: Battle Of The Smithsonian
Music Composed and Conducted by Alan Silvestri

No Tracklist yet

I will likely buy all of these, despite the disappointingly short albums for Wolverine and Star Trek (although, maybe that's a reflection of how much music is in the picture).

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the first time we've seen track times for Trek. What's your source, Matt? I assume the asterisks are for cues with the Courage fanfare.

EDIT- That can't be right, I'm adding it up to less than 40 minutes!

The Wolverine and Trek albums are up on Varese's home page (track times as well as cover art). I don't know what to think of the Trek art work. The Zimmer one came from Hans-Zimmer.com and perhaps is not accurate.

I know, it's a damn short album, like the old days of Varese releases! Wolverine isn't much better.

It's not usual for a Giacchino release either. Maybe Abrams has opted for less music for this film.

I can't wait for Angels and Demons.

His only score for the year, so you better make it last! ;)

As a John Williams fan, I've mastered that skill.

The only other one I'll get is Star Trek. Sucks about the 50 minute album.

More like 40, with a near 10 minute end credits piece.

Now Trek is traditionally more sparsely scored than, say, Star Wars. All the complete Trek scores other than TMP and Nemesis fit on one disk (and Nemesis almost does). But that's still a really short OST.

I'm surprised no one mentioned the different cover art for what Varese actually has up compared to Amazon.de. I wonder if what's on Amazon is truly fan made. The art work on Varese' site is much better. Still not too fond of the TNG font.

Do you really think that many people go to Amazon.de to check score art? It definitely seems fan made, as it seems useless to have different artworks for different regions.

Either way, its weird that Trek and Wolverine are as short as they are.

Star Trek runs 42:14. Ya they could have filled up the CD for 75 minutes of music but the reuse fees probably hampered that and supposedly Giacchnio is picky about what's released. The 42 minutes of music is enough for me for that film.

Star Trek runs 42:14. Ya they could have filled up the CD for 75 minutes of music but the reuse fees probably hampered that and supposedly Giacchnio is picky about what's released. The 42 minutes of music is enough for me for that film.

I never really heard that Giacchino was picky. Incredibles had 55 minutes of music, Speed Racer was at an hour, and MI3 had a the complete score on the CD. I think this is just Varese being skimpy on the release. Unfortunate, as I enjoy Giacchino's work and was hoping for a more complete feel. If this is all the music that is in the film, the sound editor better be damn good.

EDIT: crap...it's Ben Burtt.

EDIT: crap...it's Ben Burtt.

Burtt was just brought on to provide some effects work, he's not involved in the final mix.

Good.

I'll be getting Trek for sure. I don't see lost Season 4 over at Amazon. Am I just missing it?

Do you really think that many people go to Amazon.de to check score art?

People from Germany, perhaps?

Amarok can fetch its covers from several Amazon sites, sometimes when I can't find decent scans on .com I have it check the German site, and occasionally it gives better results.

as it seems useless to have different artworks for different regions.

It happens though.

I'm going to get Star Trek, although I wish it were longer. I'll listen to the samples of Wolverine before deciding on that.

I suppose after that it'll be Avatar. Let's hope Cameron has inspired Horner to write something a bit more in tune with his older stuff, or at the very least something a bit inspired.

The only one out of these three that I will definitely investigate is Angels. I've recently 'rediscovered' Da Vinci and I love it.

Wolverine could be good, depending on how techno/modern he's gone, and Star Trek will probably just be a curiosity for me.

Re. Avatar, I've heard that Horner's had like a year to write this one. I think it could be good.

The Wolverine and Trek albums are up on Varese's home page (track times as well as cover art). I don't know what to think of the Trek art work. The Zimmer one came from Hans-Zimmer.com and perhaps is not accurate.

I know, it's a damn short album, like the old days of Varese releases! Wolverine isn't much better.

What is the picture in your atavar and do you have a HR version of it?

It's just a random trombone player wallpaper, I think that's what I searched in Google images. I'm a trombone player, so that's the long and short of it. It's a nice pic though.

It's just a random trombone player wallpaper, I think that's what I searched in Google images. I'm a trombone player, so that's the long and short of it. It's a nice pic though.

Yeah I figured. Sure it's a cool pic!

Perhaps Giacchino didn't over score the film and provided a short, yet effective score. Or perhaps Paramount was aking too much for the rights and Varese had no choice but to issue only 42 minutes.

I'll be getting Star Trek, Lost Season 4 and possibly Night At The Museum 2. The first score was a pleasant listen.

As far as a different cover appearing on Amazon.de, the European cover could be different than the US version, it's happened before.

There are couple of scores I really look forward to this year. Apart from Star Trek and Angels and Demons there will be Danny's Terminator:Salvation, Powell's Green Zone, Horner's Avatar, Goldenthal's Public Enemies and, out of curiosity, Hooper's Harry Potter.

Gah, I forgot about SALVATION. Not even sure who's scoring UP, although Pixar always makes good choices. I have no interest in LAND OF THE LOST the film, but I'm sure it'll be a decent Giacchino. It's not something that's on my radar though.

I'll definitely be buying the Lost S4 soundtrack, no doubts there. Star Trek will be a quite likely purchase, but there's no guarantee. Depends on what I think of the score while watching the film.

Apart from Terminator 4, wasn't Elfman scoring the Wolfman?? I'm more interested in that than in Terminator, but could end up getting both. Then again I haven't even found Milk yet, which I'm very curious about, so I might have to get Milk first.

He still is. It doesn't come out till October.

This isn't just about Varese releases. Angels & Demons is Sony Classical. Up will be Walt Disney Records and I will definitely be getting it, not sure on Land of the Lost.

I thought we should have a thread about upcoming releases that can be added to as tracklists and times appear.

Angels & Demons Soundclips:

http://www.cinemamusica.de/1279/hans-zimme...sive-soundclips

Sounds like he's pulled another At World's End with an epic adaptation of his existing themes. Not sure how this approach will work since A&D is an unrelated story to DVC.

Does A&D feature the same main character portrayed by Tom Hanks that he played in DVC? So wouldn't it be as appropriate then as, say, Williams re-using themes for the Indiana Jones franchise, or Barry re-using themes for the James Bond franchise? You've got unrelated stories operating within the same fictional universe, so it's not too big a stretch.

Yeah, I fully understand the reappearance of "Chevaliers De Sangreal" as Langdon's Theme, but I also hear in those soundclips the music I equated with Silas, the Grail, Sophie Neveu, Jacques Sauniere, amongst others. I don't really care as this is how Zimmer does his thing; I'm anticipating this soundtrack and I think the clips sound great.

It's like as you said with Indiana Jones if Williams had used the Raiders March as Indy's Theme (which he did), then Marion's Theme as the generic Damsel Theme, The Ark Theme as the generic Artefact Theme, The Nazi (Medallion) Theme as the generic Bad Guy Theme, etc. for each subsequent film in the franchise. It just feels that way to me. And this isn't a Zimmer bash at all; it's likely Zimmer sees this as the only other Robert Langdon film, so it is perfectly fine for him to carry over these thematic ideas to have a musical fluency across the two films.