The Official Film Score Monthly (FSM) Thread

Ollie

Lukas Kendall mentioned today that this summer FSM has a real holy grail coming. It's been released before but this will be near complete and unlimited.

Let the guessing begin..... wink.gif

Lukas Kendall mentioned today that this summer FSM has a real holy grail coming. It's been released before but this will be near complete and unlimited.

Let the guessing begin..... ;)

Goldsmith's Masada.

Edit: Of course, I might be the only one who finds this "sexier" than Twilight Zone: The Movie.

for FSM that can only mean Link,the Complete Edition -Jerry Goldsmith

for FSM that can only mean Link,the Complete Edition -Jerry Goldsmith

I wonder what the track titles would be like.

Goldsmith's Masada.

Edit: Of course, I might be the only one who finds this "sexier" than Twilight Zone: The Movie.

It's my favorite Goldsmith sscore, so I'm with you

Goldsmith's Masada.

I would hope that if an expanded Masada gets released it would be a 2 disc set with Morton Steven's additional music. Although I wouldn't complain if just Goldsmith's music was released.

I'm gonna guess that perhaps Gremlins or Innerspace is the title.

Of course we still have the two Prometheus releases which should be finally announced in the upcoming weeks. One is a John Barry score and the second is a 2 disc set that features a film score that film historians consider to be one of the greatest film scores of all time.

If it is what I think it is, I'll be extremely happy and a majority of the board here will not.

And we also should be closer to Robert Townson's 1000 release at Varese Sarabande, quite a bit of speculation that it will be something very special.

Man it's a great time to be a film score fan. ;)

"Near complete" should mean that it doesn't quite all fit on one (or two) CD(s), unless some material has been lost. So perhaps length considerations can narrow down the guesswork.

I believe Lukas said the disc would be $19.95 so that kinda rules out a 2 disc set to me.

Another score that comes to mind is Explorers.

This was Lukas' exact quote:

Expect the next three FSM CDs to be one score apiece, $19.95 apiece, and two of them are expansions of Warner Bros. Records LPs. They are not as earth-shattering as Twilight Zone, but they are quality scores, now complete (or nearly so) and in terrific sound, probably to be released over the course of May. Oh, here's a hint! The two WB Records LPs (by different composers) were both orchestrated by Shuken and Hayes…think about who those two worked for, then check the WB Records catalog and you might find our titles.

We do have one CD scheduled for this summer that if anything will be MORE sexy than Twilight Zone: The Movie. A real Holy Grail that has been released before, but never complete. You can try to guess but you will only drive yourself crazy. In fact it's so "hot" we're going to pay the re-use fees for the unreleased music so it will be, like The Omega Man 2.0, an "unlimited" edition. (I don't like these feeding frenzies either…people should buy things because they want to listen to them, not because they are afraid of missing out!) I predict that someone will be able to guess this, but it will be so intermixed with wrong guesses, it won't be useful. Sorry to drive you crazy but you know you love it.

I took that to mean that the "holy grail" score was unrelated to the three 19.95 scores

Everything from post #85 onward in this thread should be pushed out to a new thread

This was Lukas' exact quote:

We do have one CD scheduled for this summer that if anything will be MORE sexy than Twilight Zone: The Movie. A real Holy Grail that has been released before, but never complete. You can try to guess but you will only drive yourself crazy. In fact it’s so “hot” we’re going to pay the re-use fees for the unreleased music so it will be, like The Omega Man 2.0, an “unlimited” edition.

Where did the "19.95" and "nearly complete" quotes come from?

Check the preceding paragraph.

Expect the next three FSM CDs to be one score apiece, $19.95 apiece, and two of them are expansions of Warner Bros. Records LPs. They are not as earth-shattering as Twilight Zone, but they are quality scores, now complete (or nearly so) and in terrific sound, probably to be released over the course of May. Oh, here’s a hint! The two WB Records LPs (by different composers) were both orchestrated by Shuken and Hayes…think about who those two worked for, then check the WB Records catalog and you might find our titles.

But you're right, I don't see "nearly complete" anywhere.

I took that to mean that the "holy grail" score was unrelated to the three 19.95 scores

You're right, it's a little unclear. Could be interpreted either way.

Lukas was aware of the TZ image here and was going to fix that little problem.

I took the whole paragraph by Lukas to cover all three scores and he does say "now complete (or nearly so)" when talking about all three.

Yes ,even as a gripe over all these Goldsmith releases , Gremlins IS a holy grail ...always has been.

Innerspace is not ,it just for the FSM board .Outside of a few fun cues , it's VERY tedious to listen to . Most of it is atmospheric electronic music.

I'd hope Family Plot is somewhere in there, but the master tapes are probably lost under a certain someone's sofa cushions

It's not for the Gremlin Rag I want it.It's for all the beautiful Gizmo underscore from the first half of the film. It's much better than Gremlins 2

I love the jaunty chase music at the end when Gizmo drives the pink Barbie car.

Good Lord, did I really just type that?

I'd hope Family Plot is somewhere in there, but the master tapes are probably lost under a certain someone's sofa cushions

The holy grail already had a release, so that rules out FP.

Mark, would Explorers being a Paramount film impede the release? (It's one of my all time favorites.)

Oops....I keep forgetting that. I don't know why I keep thinking it was Warner Bros. Scratch Explorers.

In a way I do see where KM is coming from. We've had a lot of Goldsmith lately, and as great as that is it'd be a nice surprise if it was someone/something else (BttF, Dracula, or another Williams being top of my list).

Now that's not saying that if it is Goldsmith I won't be right in line with the rest of you to get it ASAP. I certainly will.

I took the whole paragraph by Lukas to cover all three scores and he does say "now complete (or nearly so)" when talking about all three.

I read it as 2 separate paragraphs, the first about the three $19.95 scores coming out in May, and then a second paragraph about the huge release coming out this summer.

Both Gremlins scores have a ton of great material in addition to the two obvious themes.

In this case, he failed. :lol:

Both Gremlins scores have a ton of great material in addition to the two obvious themes.

In this case, he failed. :lol:

He was going to fix it for future releases. :lol:

He was going to fix it for future releases. :lol:

I read you, but the other day, a friend just sent me links to the covers for the next two releases. So he failed. :lol: (No, I won't post them here)

I would love Gremlins nearly complete/expanded. BUt I would prefer a nearly complete Hook!

I've never heard the Gremlins theme, but I'm guessing it must be good because nearly everyone on here loves it! :D

I wouldn't even know what was missing from the Hook OST, apart from the End Credits.......

I've given up on the guessing games. I just wish FSM and Intrada would tell us what the releases are like what LaLa Land does. A lot of times I hate these guessing games.

Did you really just erase all the posts that mentioned what the next two FSM releases are? What's the point? Once its out there, it's out there. Erasing the posts won't change the fact that it's now known what they are

Did you really just erase all the posts that mentioned what the next two FSM releases are? What's the point? Once its out there, it's out there. Erasing the posts won't change the fact that it's now known what they are

why was it known?

is it on any other boards, where people can instantly read it? or were you the only one - and only a coupple of people could see it.

FSM has explained several times why they're so secretive about their releases: there's always the possibility a deal falls through at the last minute.

There's a reason there's a date for their announcement and effective immediately, if any of this cover art (or the title) leaks out before a release date it will be removed from this site.

Well, for those of you who missed it, the next 2 FSM CDs are known, but the big summer "holy grail" release is still a mystery.

I hope it's Gremlins!!

FSM has explained several times why they're so secretive about their releases: there's always the possibility a deal falls through at the last minute.

yeah ,but that's their problem if it got leaked anyways . I dunno about erasing posts like that ,especially since it's not even anything illegal... We are not affiliated with FSM as far as I know of so your just making a personal call here

It would be like erasing the spoilers to a movie just because you feel like it

Then they shouldn't upload the stuff on a public server. Period.

Thats true, Jason did not do anything forbidden. It was an open link, reachable for anybody.

True. But just because they make stupid mistakes doesn't mean we have to make it worse. It's us who want to get their releases, after all.

True. But just because they make stupid mistakes doesn't mean we have to make it worse. It's us who want to get their releases, after all.

that's also true of course.

I wouldn't even know what was missing from the Hook OST, apart from the End Credits.......

A lot.

LOL. Yeah. It'd be great to see this from FSM in the not-too-distant-future.

And John, I freakin' love your signature.