The Official Film Score Monthly (FSM) Thread

Ollie

No I missed it.

It happens from time to time in long threads.

There are too many films and titles that have dogs in them to narrow it down.

Cujo, Straw Dogs, Homeward Bound, Dog Day Afternoon, The Dogs Of War, Lassie.........

And that's assuming the hint does refer to a dog related score.

According to SAE's Facebook page, FSM will release "a dog of a release" today.

What it could be? Something dog-related? Or is it just a way to describe something really big?

Ok, english problem, would it mean it's big? I was under the impression that "a dog" of whatever meant something bad.

They're just admitting up front they're releasing a dog.

They're preparing for the same bitch-fest that Manhunter got, then?

We'd be disappointed if you didn't.

Well the main theme is alright, but that's about it. I'm not droppin' 20 bucks on this.

Didn't you just say you would?

The theme me likes. But i'm afraid i'm with him, not for 20€. When do speciality labels go into online distribution?

Ahh yes, the bitching from the usual gang who have nothing better to do.

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm/ID/13634/WHITE-DOG/

Ennio Morricone's White Dog.

I don't recall the score, but it's a great film, and looking back to my post from when I saw it, I did refer to the score as excellent. If I had money, I'd take my own advice for sure.

We'd be disappointed if you didn't.

Well the main theme is alright, but that's about it. I'm not droppin' 20 bucks on this.

Didn't you just say you would?

The theme me likes. But i'm afraid i'm with him, not for 20€. When do speciality labels go into online distribution?

I can't see online distribution happening for limited releases, for several reasons. And Varese has most of their stuff on itunes etc anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

On his Facebook page, Neil just wrote that tomorrow a big CD announcement should be made. It's a CD he co-produced.

I suspect it's coming from FSM, as they usually announce new titles on Thursday. What it will be? Poltergeist? Outland? Star Trek III: The Search for Spock? Or maybe something by Williams?

We'll see...

Actually I'm looking forward to the chorus of "Pass"'s that I'll be seeing at this board when it's announced. If only Thor wasn't on vacation, I could then read his post stating it's great that this music is out there but this release is not for him.

Neil

Which means it's not Star Trek III as I asked earlier...

it's Trek IV, isn't it? :lol:

EDIT: if it's something Thor doesn't like, it's either quite bombastic or John Barry... both would be welcome.

Actually I'm looking forward to the chorus of "Pass"'s that I'll be seeing at this board when it's announced. If only Thor wasn't on vacation, I could then read his post stating it's great that this music is out there but this release is not for him.

Neil

So it's an obscure score, and presented complete and chronological

I won't get excited tho, as FSM doesn't do contemporary stuff.

It means it's a Goldsmith score that's already been released a few times with a few extra cues (like Poltergeist 2 or The Blue Max)

On his Facebook page, Neil just wrote that tomorrow a big CD announcement should be made. It's a CD he co-produced.

So of course it's important to Neil, if he co-produced it. But what about the rest of us?

:lol:

I haven't bought anything since Black Sunday/The Blue Max. Money's still going to be tight the next month or two, but I'm ready if it's unpassable.

Lukas has pretty much told us the next two planned Goldsmith releases for FSM, although I'm only guessing. Outland & Poltergeist could be due at a later time and he has two already finished for release.

Don't pat yourself on the back, you guys do it for scores that are good and popular as well.

Neil

:lol:

Lukas has pretty much told us the next two planned Goldsmith releases for FSM, although I'm only guessing. Outland & Poltergeist could be due at a later time and he has two already finished for release.

Don't pat yourself on the back, you guys do it for scores that are good and popular as well.

What do you mean?

I was referring to Thor's hatred of anything C & C. And 'pass' generally means it's obscure. How's that 'patting on the back'?

I don't know if I could handle more Ben Hur. :lol:

But I'm looking forward to the announcement, although Neil didn't guarantee it would be today. He said possibly.

****Edit****

I believe it's been announced:

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm/ID/13660/THE-WONDERFUL-WORLD-OF-THE-BROTHERS-GRIMM-THE-HONEYMOON-MACHINE/

In all seriousness, today is Thursday and a usual release day for FSM. If I wanted to surprise people, today might be a day to spring a release that might grab people's attention.

Either someone has gone out of their way to truly pull an elaborate hoax or FSM is going to announce what appears to be an expanded version of The 10 Commandments.

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=67490&forumID=1&archive=0

The video is too dark on my PC to make out the warehouse.

The video is too blurry, when the camera moves to and from the box on the shelf to the left, to read the white label on the side of the box. It looks to contain a long barcode and some text. It could either be legitimate or a "har har har you found me" note.

It's strange that none of the other boxes are noticeably marked, and the shelves themselves don't have any labels to identify their rows and columns.

I believe this is also a hoax.

The video is too blurry, when the camera moves to and from the box on the shelf to the left, to read the white label on the side of the box. It looks to contain a long barcode and some text. It could either be legitimate or a "har har har you found me" note.

It's strange that none of the other boxes are noticeably marked, and the shelves themselves don't have any labels to identify their rows and columns.

I believe this is also a hoax.

Me too, for the moment. especially since SAE's youtube account does not have it loaded and the poster resides in Germany, according to their profile.

Not only that, but user eispei2000 joined YouTube yesterday. His icon is too low-res to see the well-made cover art.

Seriously, pranksters of the world. If you're going to make an April Fool's joke online, and don't want it to appear obvious, start planning in August. Don't join the day before and expect the smart people to find it coincidental.

I want to believe it, because I will scream and jump up and down and run around the room and buy a copy and love it forever.

You must believe, boy...

Sorry, Professor. I can't take that step. Not on April Fool's Day.

Hey wait a minute...while the "new" SAE album is still "up for sale," the warehouse video is gone!

Something's going on...

I can't deal with this screwing around with The Ten Commandments! Haha, I want this score way too much!

To be fair, the original poster on FSM said we would get a "first impression" of the release today, and then that video pops up - then goes away. You never know. ;)

To ad fuel to the fire:

A number of traders like myself know that fairly regularly, especially in the passed few years, new bootlegs of a score will surface just months before a commercial release (a recent example being Dallwitz's rejected score to "Supernova"), and a few months ago a new 2CD set of "The Ten Commandments" surfaced, reportedly all in stereo. And for those familiar with the old 2CD boot, it was a mixture of stereo and mono, and what ever survived and was used for it.

Well the video has returned.

This would be the perfect time of year to release The Ten Commandments because of the film's traditional Easter airing on ABC.

Actually the poster finally admitted to pulling a prank. I pointed out at FSM that I thought the same person had pulled a similar prank last year and I was right. He did one with BTTF.

Like I mentioned earlier, these jokes kinda lose their luster because almost everything is getting released now. Unless the masters are lost, destroyed or in the hands of someone other than the studios, we're probably going to see a release if the labels feel it's worth releasing.

That BTTF prank was superbly done and got a lot of people excited.

Not when you announce it around or on April 1st. ;)

Actually if it fell on a normal release day for one of the labels it would be the perfect time to spring a huge release.

Imagine the shock when people take a chance to click on the "purchase" button and it actually takes them to their shopping cart instead of "APRIL FOOLS!" popping up.

It does bug me a bit, considering Commandments is one of my most wanted scores and has been for a while, but it's impossible to think that one of the labels isn't working on this as we speak.