Sign in to follow this  
alainmayrand

Introductions

Hello,

new to the forum here.

I am young film composer - well not that young... I am classically trained and now making my way into film music with great enthusiasm.

I am a life-long fan of John Williams and it is important to me to aim at his level of mastery. Will I ever achieve it? Who knows, but there is no other goal to aim for than this type of excellence!

Even as a classically trained musician (Master's degree in composition), and perhaps because of it, I actually believe that John Williams is under appreciated. How his music manages to be both so memorable while being so smart and devoid of the cliches you find in so many other film scores is something that the lay person often overlooks.

It's easy to overlook the talent and criticize those who have achieved immense success.

I love all of JW's scores, but these days I tend to listen to Hook, Jedi and Azkaban the most.

As a way to grow, I have started purchasing scores and piano transcriptions but I have noticed that one these boards people trade things I have not seen elsewhere.

I am especially interested to see anything that is done in JW's hand, if that is available anywhere and I look forward to learning more about what is available.

Cheers,

Alain

www.alainmayrand.com

Why is it that everyone who introduces himself at this Welcome Board never ends up posting again?

Some people maybe don't have the time or interest to converse with random people about John Williams?

I never thought I'd end up a regular poster at this place. A friend showed me the site, I joined and exclusively used the trading board for about a year. Then delved into everything else.

Welcome.

Watch out for that Nick Parker, though. He'll steal your wallet. :blink:

Thank God I don't have any money!

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Alain

Ah, so you are a musician. ;)

Why is it that everyone who introduces himself at this Welcome Board never ends up posting again?

Stop dropping your pants in front of them and maybe they'll stay.

Ah, so you are a musician. ;)

Yes, a musician I am! :P

This looks like a lively forum! Should be fun.

Alain

All right, I'll just leave them down.

That's better. By the way, you a little cold, there? ;)

Seems like a lively bunch in here! 8O

Seems like a lively bunch in here! :)

You could say that.

Even as a classically trained musician (Master's degree in composition), and perhaps because of it, I actually believe that John Williams is under appreciated.

Not on this board, he isn't. :o

Well, it actually seems like Mr Mayrand actually stopped posting ... ROTFLMAO;)

I don't even remember properly introducing myself in the first place, and I came back after taking a ~4 year break.