'Star Wars' (1977) vs. 'Star Trek' (2009)

Hlao-roo

Pointless Comparison Poll #1239879812  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Overall, which is the better film?

• 'Star Wars' (1977)
    • 'Star Trek' (2009)

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe Star Trek is getting a low vote here.

Yeah, it's bias I tells ya. Star Wars was nothin special. Reboots are so original.

As unoriginal as its core story elements were, in 1977, Star Wars new, fresh, and was something the audience had never seen before on such a scale.

Watching 2009's Star Trek tonight, I realized that even with a new ship, new faces with familiar names, and a new plot, it was still Star Trek. We were watching characters we cared about in new situations and trying to fall in love with them, but it's not as ground-breaking as Star Wars was. This film was very necessary to have in order to reboot the franchise, and only involved time travel so that we knew it was still our favorite characters but gave them a clean slate regarding future adventures.

But I voted for Star Wars. That's solely comparing the original versions of the two movies, not the franchises and how they've improved and degraded over the decades.

I was right in voting for Star Wars for this thread. I voted blindly but I do think that Star Wars the theatrical version is still more enjoyable than Star Trek.