Trent B

Label Threads The Official Intrada Thread

5538 posts in this topic

Roger so far has posted only saying it's just one title this time and a "Special Collection" title which will be 1,000 units.

No more CDs, please take a break for just a few weeks! My wallet has still not recovered from earlier this month....

Hey Mark why don't we rename this one "THE OFFICIAL INTRADA RELEASE(S) THREAD" and make it a sticky?

Damn it had a problem and ya I meant to say Marc (Breathmask), my bad.

Right now the only things I could get excited for would be expanded Trek scores or complete Prequel scores. Other than that....meh.

If it's only 1000 copies it's not going to be something in high demand. Probably.

This interview with Roger Feigelson mentions that when a score is limited to some number under 3,000 its because that's their best guess at how many copies it will sell

The releases are limited because frankly the audience for this music is very, very small. The AFM only gives the historic rate for releases 3000 and under. Numbers below that are based on our best guess of what we think the demand will be.

So it's not BTTF or anything juicy because they obviously know that will sell out 3000 units. Hell BTTF will sell enough copies to warrant them paying the re-use fees to make unlimited units I'd imagine

The whole article is a good read

I'm still expecting to see Laurence Rosenthal's score to Part 1 of the George Washington mini-series.

The Rocketeer. Limited edition of 500 units.

I suppose it could be JAWS THE REVENGE. I doubt that's going to have people ordering in their thousands, even if it is a nifty little score. Especially since JAWS 3-D is still available, with that being limited at 3000.

I suppose it could be JAWS THE REVENGE. I doubt that's going to have people ordering in their thousands, even if it is a nifty little score. Especially since JAWS 3-D is still available, with that being limited at 3000.

Better not be! I've only just had to start hacking the promo to pieces to get a decent listen! ;)

Perhaps your parrot was in the way of the viewscreen.

Didn't Jaws The Revenge already get a release?

Maybe it needs a release customized for optimal listening experience.

Didn't Jaws The Revenge already get a release?

I believe only as a composer promo

Okay Roger has posted some new info regarding Tuesday's release.

Just as a heads up., this is a straight LP re-issue of a score from the 70s.

He also posted this in regarding when they'll be announcing it.

Actually, we're going to vary the times when we announce on Mondays, so you can't all hammer the system at the same time. Because it is Memorial Day here in the states, we may be announcing later than usual. Or perhaps earlier then usual. Only we know when.

That's annoying. So far, the announcements happened around 2:00 AM local time. If they do them significantly later, I may be asleep already on a working day.

I might be 'inconvenienced' if they started doing it later and I knew it could be something I'd be interested in. That's one blessing of knowing that it's 70s in advance.

Not shutting out earlier years completely - there are a few 80s scores I'd buy.

I'm coming to expect that late 80s/early 90s scores are more of an occasional one, although LaLaLand seems to be doing quite a lot of them, so maybe they will give me a grail one day :)

Forgive me for asking a potentially asinine question, where exactly on Intrada.com are the announcements made?

Don't worry it won't be anything of interest to 95% of the members here.

The rest are elitists, anyway.