The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

Right, exactly.  So it's only Mulan if they are doing their complete + alternates, normal expanded score thing over 2 discs, and then just slapping the entire old OST as the third disc.

Which just doesn't seem like something they'd do, in this case.

Correct and I wouldn’t label Mulan as an action masterpiece. 

And I don’t think the original composer, Rachel Portman recorded anything, I believe she had to drop out due to a pregnancy. I think she had a different set of song writers though, maybe they wrote something.

That would be another reason to include a 3rd Disc.

At times like these its easy to get infatuated with hopes of MULAN, WILLOW etc. I 'm not sure if we can call Roger Rabbit an action packed since its half animated/live action  but its an anniversary year. We will need more clues from Doug/Roger before we can take clean shot. Oh well.. back to the drawing board...!:blush2:

Is it definitely pre-2000?

I hope it's not Pirates of the Carribean if it's recent.

Another that I thought:

Iron Will

I hope it's The Three musketeers.

Complete score in 2 discs and album in 3rd

The album is structured like movements so it makes sense to include it.

I can't think of any pre-1980 action-packed masterpiece.

Iron Will, yes, but then they might not be so hush hush about it because no one remembers that picture or composer.

Speaking of McNeely, it could be Mulan (Goldsmith) and Mulan 2 (McNeely). Both unlikely...Never considered Roger Rabbit action packed.

I wonder if Roger will do a clue post today in their forum like tradition (the Thursday before the Monday night release), or skip that this time due to all the hype

When it finally comes, It will be funny when we realize we have been dancing around it along. It would be something in front of us and yet we couldn't see. Waiting for those clues too..its quite a head scratcher..No?

It's hard to pin this one to a genre, but if I went with the first word that popped into my head, I would say gumshoe.

As per this quote, it's hard not to revert back to Roger Rabbit.

Definitely. Not an "action masterpiece", but fits all other clues if the RR shorts spill things over to a third disc.

I honestly would not be surprised if the total time would fit on two discs but they did three anyway, like their Great Escape.

Bruce Marshall (Kritzerland) on FSM is claiming that it's WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT? The film is celebrating its 30th Anniversary this year. So it could be it. Disc 3 is probably the various Roger Rabbit shorts by Broughton. Oh!! I now remember reading a clue that Doug Fake dropped about working on a favorite Broughton subject a while back. So this mammoth set could be.... 

His name is Bruce Kimmel, not Bruce Marshall.

And that's a dickhead move to spoil another label's title like that. Why would he do that?

And Broughton only scored two of the three Roger Rabbit shorts, Tummy Trouble was by Horner.

Yeah Kimmel.  He goes by name of Mr. Marshall there. I think he is guessing.. Like a bet.  Oh. I didn't know Horner did one too. That's interesting. 

Bruce Kimmel, the head of Kritzerland Records, posts on FSM under "haineshisway".

Bruce Marshall ("Mr. Marshal" on FSM) is just some guy.  Not a label head lol.

Anyway, the complete session leak of Roger Rabbit with all the alternates is only 1 hour, 50 minutes, and the three Roger Rabbit shorts are only 7 minutes each. It would fit on 2 discs EASILY.

Unless they are contractually obligated to include the other composer's shorts on a separate platter from Silvestri's work, or they are slapping the OST on the third disc, still seems odd to me.

Too many Bruce's there .LOL. I suppose I got confused by em. They talk in the same tone though.So thanks for clearing that up ! 

I'm still stumped on the 3rd disc. Maybe its the OST or a different alternate mixed in cues like they did in RAMBO II.

But the Broughton 'Favourite' Clue that Doug mentioned somewhere on his Facebook makes me really think he was talking about those Roger Rabbit shorts.

P.S. Here is that quote from Nov 7th.  " Taking a break from working with Bruce Broughton on one of his personal favorite scores to celebrate my friend Afrooz's birthday. As for Bruce: This puts us at more than 50 albums together!"  Interestingly he has posted pics from Disney Archives offices on the same date.

7 minutes ago, Demondm810 said:

I just can’t imagine he’d refer to Roger Rabbit as an action masterpiece. 

I never had the OST so I cant say much but it sure is an action packed cartoon jazzy score from Silvestri. Should be fun. 

There are plenty of odd multidisc releases out there. I don’t think it has any barometer on how long the score actually is. 

There are plenty of odd multidisc releases out there. I don’t think it has any barometer on how long the score actually is. 

Roger Feigelson also added a new clue "gumshoe" at FSM which is American slang for 'Detective' circa 1930's. (I missed that quote before I read Bruce Marshall's comment)

So... ":That's it! The Rebels are there"  "General ! prepare your Troops for a Surface Attack!"  ;)

3 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

There is a barometer of how many discs are at least required.

There is a barometer of how many discs are at least required

Sometimes the labels are obligated to include the OST and there is nothing they can do about it.

Sometimes the labels are obligated to include the OST and there is nothing they can do about it.

Karol

3 hours ago, azahid said:

Roger Feigelson also added a new clue "gumshoe" at FSM which is American slang for 'Detective' circa 1930's. (I missed that quote before I read Bruce Marshall's comment)

So... ":That's it! The Rebels are there"  "General ! prepare your Troops for a Surface Attack!"  ;)

Ah, so Roger Rabbit it is!

Although when they said "action-packed" I wouldn't have thought of that, but an action movie.

Did you all miss Publicist sharing that Roger clue already, and the discussion that followed because of it?

On 18/01/2018 at 6:28 PM, publicist said:

It's hard to pin this one to a genre, but if I went with the first word that popped into my head, I would say gumshoe.

As per this quote, it's hard not to revert back to Roger Rabbit.

Doug Fake has updated!

3rd Disc is the OST.

1/21/2018

Make sure you touch bases here Monday evening, January 22. We have a terrific 3-CD set arriving for release on Tuesday the 23rd. It’s the soundtrack to a smash-hit film from the Disney vaults, long enough to require two CDs to present, plus alternates galore as well as some special extras. The movie was scored by one of the most popular writers in the business. There was an original album (now quite rare) with highlights that featured an artistic presentation by the composer so we’ve included that as well. It’s fair to call this score a masterpiece, with rousing action, smoky melody and over-the-top razzle-dazzle… and the movie’s production and directing crew don’t get a whole lot better either!

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7692

24 minutes ago, Richard said:

I wonder what's on WFRR to warrant a

3-CD set?

The post by Amer just two posts before yours, contains a quote from Doug that literally explains exactly what makes up all 3 discs...

Well, there's a recording sessions leak for this that is 2 hours long, add in the shorts and whatever else they found and that's your basic 2 disc set right there.  Then, they are simply throwing the old OST on as disc 3.  No big deal.

• 4 weeks later...

Intrada's skipping next week as far as new releases go, so Roger gave a general update instead

Feb 20th Release

Actually there won't be one, as some folks in this part are taking a brief respite before the onslaught of the rest of the year. Coming later this year, more of your favorites: Goldsmith, Horner, Conti, more Horner, Silvestri, more Goldsmith, Moross, Rubinstein, and of course Broughton. Maybe even some Delerue.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7730

He gave additional info on FSM as well:

No love in Barry? :(

It wasn't meant to be a comprehensive list...but that was a big omission on my part. Yes Barry too.

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=125922&forumID=1&archive=0