The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

On 3/18/2018 at 1:40 PM, kaseykockroach said:

I was disappointed to recently learn that it's pronounced "Brotten" and not "Broo-tawn". I've been referring to him as the latter for years and it just sounds cooler that way. 

I pronouned it Bro-ten.

I have heard it pronounced Broff-ten

Is this some kind of Holy Grail among film music fans? I have never even heard of this Disney's animated The Three Musketeers movie before.

27 minutes ago, Woj said:

Donald Duck in DuckTales. I know it was shot down last year, but time marches forward to. 

Ducktales is my holy grail as far as TV animation scores are concerned.

I love how enthusiastic Intrada's description is.

John Debney's Runaway Brain would be a fun one to put out too, though I'm not sure where they'd put it. Perhaps on a compilation disc of some sort?

• 2 weeks later...

Living In The Age of Airplanes is one of my favorite Horner scores for sure.  I immediately liked it, but the more and more I listened the more and more I liked it, and it wasn't long until it was in my top 10 Horner's, and it might even be top 5 honestly.  It's magical.

I got the film on blu ray, I really must check it out!  Anyone know how much music is in the film that wasn't on the OST?  Or was the OST already complete?

The OST was not complete, no. 

The "Opening Sequence" is shorter on the album, some of the smaller ambient lead-ins to several cues are missing, as well as a "vintage" sounding piano solo that leads into "200,000 Year Timeline". One short piece during the Maldives sequence, is missing as well (I think it was that one)

None of the bonus feature music is from Horner. 

Huh neat, interesting.  Hopefully the Intrada release features the complete score and not just the OST album, but just having the OST album on a real CD will be nice too if that's the way they go.

It's literally going to be the OST just in an uncompressed format pressed to CD with new liner notes, since there wasn't any for that initial digital release. 

2 hours ago, filmmusic said:

Haven't ever heard this, but now that you say Jay that it's in your top Horners I'm intrigued!

Wait what? How did you miss it!? 

There's probably clips in the thread

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/25098-james-horner-living-in-the-age-of-airplanes-2015/

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/sc.13/category.60330/.f

4/1/2018

Easter Sunday and April Fool’s coming on the same day. I might as well add to the occasion with a heads up that we’ll be releasing our latest new CD this coming Tuesday. For me it’s a corker! No, that’s not really a clue. Just an indicator of my enthusiasm for the album forthcoming. The composer, a personal favorite, scored this film at the end of his career. For Intrada, it’s a privilege to be giving this magnificent music its CD premiere. Artwork and sound samples will be posted here tomorrow eve. Orders begin shipping Tuesday the 3rd. And that’s no April Fools’s.

On 31/3/2018 at 5:46 AM, Jay said:

Wait what? How did you miss it!? 

There's probably clips in the thread

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/25098-james-horner-living-in-the-age-of-airplanes-2015/

Can't say that I liked them.

It sounded too new age-y for me.

On 3/31/2018 at 2:09 AM, NL197 said:

It's literally going to be the OST just in an uncompressed format pressed to CD with new liner notes, since there wasn't any for that initial digital release. 

This is why I don't think this is anything to be celebrating... a digital release coming out on CD, with no extra music. If it's receiving a speciality label fanfare, then it should at least have the full score.

On 3/30/2018 at 9:09 PM, NL197 said:

That doesn't seem like information that is yours to announce to the public.  Isn't that Doug and Roger's job?

1 hour ago, Jay said:

That doesn't seem like information that is yours to announce to the public.  Isn't that Doug and Roger's job?

How so? The film's director said over a year ago that he was in discussion to get a physical version of the existing soundtrack album out there and was just a question which label was going to do it. There's no surprise in that, let alone secret. If it wasn't Intrada it'd be LLL, if not LLL, it'd be Varese, if not Varese...etc and etc. The soundtrack would have remained the same regardless of which label was pressing it to disc. I'm glad it was Intrada because it feels right that they got it but it doesn't change the contents at all. 

6 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

This is why I don't think this is anything to be celebrating... a digital release coming out on CD, with no extra music. If it's receiving a speciality label fanfare, then it should at least have the full score.

It will be a CD-R, or if we're lucky a CD-RW.

8 hours ago, NL197 said:

How so? The film's director said over a year ago that he was in discussion to get a physical version of the existing soundtrack album out there and was just a question which label was going to do it. There's no surprise in that, let alone secret. If it wasn't Intrada it'd be LLL, if not LLL, it'd be Varese, if not Varese...etc and etc. The soundtrack would have remained the same regardless of which label was pressing it to disc. I'm glad it was Intrada because it feels right that they got it but it doesn't change the contents at all. 

Doug also says 'CD Premiere' So it must be the the same OST program premiering on 'CD' for the first time.

10 hours ago, NL197 said:

So you're just speculating that it is the old digital program, then?  The way you worded your post made it sound like you were revealing something Intrada hadn't revealed yet.

My point is, sure, the director said a year or 2 ago he wanted the album out on a physical CD.  But is it not possible that once Intrada got the license, they decided to go to the original recordings and create a new program that had the entire score on it?

That is what I was getting at; The way you worded your post made it sound like you had already been told privately what Intrada got up to and were revealing it here, before they even announced as such.  It did not read to me like you were simply speculating based on an old comment by the film's director.

20 hours ago, Jay said:

That is what I was getting at; The way you worded your post made it sound like you had already been told privately what Intrada got up to and were revealing it here, before they even announced as such.  It did not read to me like you were simply speculating based on an old comment by the film's director.

I don't know why you took it that way.

I thought he was speculating. He just didn't use the phrase "i think it will be" and said "it's going to be".

And why intrada would tell privately someone what they're releasing?

Unless that someone had worked in the release and knew about it.

New Intrada on April 17th!.

Clue from Roger:

"A score only a 10 years old sneaks in with its premiere CD release."

Hmm..... looks like another of the same composer back to back...

• 2 weeks later...

Clue for next week's title:

Since the Intrada forum is down, I'll post our clue for next week's release here: mid-60s classic LP (from a mid-60s classic film) get's it's premiere reissue on CD. Composer is suddenly getting a nice bit of attention lately.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/95015405220/permalink/10160692135780221/