The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

13 hours ago, crocodile said:

Ooh so Botnick himself remixed the first one. Nice.

Karol

Sure, but I bet you Doug still mastered it.

On 7/16/2018 at 2:59 PM, Disco Stu said:

I have a lot of affection for some of Edelman's 90s family/comedy scores.  Kindergarten Cop, Angels in the Outfield, The Mask, Ghostbusters 2, etc.

Ditto. Also Come See The Paradise, Shanghai Noon, The Last Of The Mohicans, Dragon, and Anaconda. 

7 hours ago, Cherry Pie That'll Kill Ya said:

Which means...?

That it'll sound fine, but could sound better. The effort of remixing it only goes so far on its own.

1 hour ago, kaseykockroach said:

Anaconda's a classic! Any movie that kills off Owen Wilson gets points in my book.

Add 'The Haunting' to the list, another movie that desperately needs all the points it can get.

1 hour ago, kaseykockroach said:

Anaconda's a classic! Any movie that kills off Owen Wilson gets points in my book.

Well he tried to commit suicide some time ago so you two seem to have something in common after all. ;)

Anyway both mummies shipped.

Karol

2 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Owen Wilson is only worth a damn in Anderson movies.  Sorry Shanghai [fill-in-the-blank] fans

I don't understand how that can be when his humor is essentially the same in all of his movies. Whenever he teams up with Ben Stiller, he's comedic gold.

He was also the perfect Woody doppelgänger in Midnight In Paris.

His style fits in best with Anderson's mannered style.  In other movies it comes off as too "laid back slack bro".  It somehow..isn't when he's Eli Cash or Edward Plimpton/Kingsley Zissou or Francis Whitman.

Folks! Just a query about ordering from Intrada:, When you place an order at Intrada do you get an instant debit on your credit cards like it does on SAE and Varese and get an SMS of it on mobile of the said transaction. Or do you get a confirmation when they actually process and ship your package? 

1 hour ago, Amer said:

Folks! Just a query about ordering from Intrada:, When you place an order at Intrada do you get an instant debit on your credit cards like it does on SAE and Varese and get an SMS of it on mobile of the said transaction. Or do you get a confirmation when they actually process and ship your package? 

I don't know about SMS because it never happened to me with any of the above. But otherwise yes, and yes. You'll receive tracking information as well.

Karol

3 hours ago, Cherry Pie That'll Kill Ya said:

Anyone else notice that the Intrada website doesn't have SSL certification enabled? They'll need it if they want my info!

The login page uses HTTPS for me.

I'm logged in and on my cart page and it still says HTTP and Chrome is giving me a 'Not secure' alert.

On general web browsing, I'm fine with unsecured sites since not every friggin website deals in commerce and I don't believe in forcing every site owner to line the pockets of third party SSL suppliers. But on a sales site like Intrada, it really is a requirement.

And plugins is another headache. On my work website, we needed to install two SSL plugins just to qualify for Google's green security badge.

5 hours ago, Cherry Pie That'll Kill Ya said:

I'm logged in and on my cart page and it still says HTTP and Chrome is giving me a 'Not secure' alert.

On general web browsing, I'm fine with unsecured sites since not every friggin website deals in commerce and I don't believe in forcing every site owner to line the pockets of third party SSL suppliers. But on a sales site like Intrada, it really is a requirement.

And plugins is another headache. On my work website, we needed to install two SSL plugins just to qualify for Google's green security badge.

The storefront is normal HTTP.  As soon as you click "Proceed to Checkout" from your cart, it switches to their NetSuite e-commerce provider application, which is HTTPS.

Coming on the 6th of August

Early 80s action/adventure score gets a facelift, doubling the length of the previous CD release

Karol

None of these guesses are resonating. I will say this is a dynamite score -- one of the composer's finest, although his score a year prior is my favorite of his. I believe the first CD from several years ago wasn't the best seller, which was disappointing to hear considering how much I love this score. So while I am excited by this expansion, I hope other folks will give it another look. It's what great '80s scoring is all about.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=79778#p79778

2 hours ago, publicist said:

Sounds like 'Nate and Hayes' by Trevor Jones (LLL did a nice 80's-style release) or something by Bernstein or Jarre.

So it would be this one then. The more popular score from the year before being The Dark Crystal.

Karol

43 minutes ago, crocodile said:

So it would be this one then. The more popular score from the year before being The Dark Crystal.

'Nate and Hayes' IS a fun one! And I indeed recall there was still some music missing from the previous release.

I didn't pay a huge deal of attention to what exactly, but I noticed anyway, so it must've been obvious.

If I recall, the opening scenes weren't fully represented, at the very least.

According to Douglas Fake it's a 2-disc set.

A new Intrada 2-CD set, expanded by literally twice as much music as was previously available on a single disc, comes everyone’s way this Tuesday, August 7. Think rousing adventure-style music! Artwork, contents and sound samples will be posted on Monday afternoon prior. It’s a good one!

It's indeed Nate and Hayes. Disc 1 presents the complete score (42 cues, 78 minutes), disc 2 has "The Extras" (8 cues, 17 minutes).

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.11643/.f?sc=13&category=-113

9 hours ago, FrankV said:

It's indeed Nate and Hayes. Disc 1 presents the complete score (42 cues, 78 minutes), disc 2 has "The Extras" (8 cues, 17 minutes).

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.11643/.f?sc=13&category=-113

Excellent news!! :D