The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

2 minutes ago, crocodile said:

From what we know we still should be getting Shirley Walker's Child's Play 2 next week. Intrada originally had other plans to release boring shit only losers care about like the complete score to JFK, until they realized Child's Play 2 would sell a lot more. Mainly because Severin would buy every single copy.

How reassuring! 

First clue for next week's new Intrada title

A 2-CD set from the late '80s features an expanded presentation of a film that's...how do I describe it, actually? Let's say this release sci-fi/fantasty epic in a tea cup is hot off the griddle and ready for you to move in! Oh and there was a slice of music that didn't make it into the film.

This REALLY sounds like Horner's Willow except for the "sci-fi" part.  What other possibilities are there?

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7961

UPDATE:

Roger chimed in to seemingly confirm it's NOT Willow

Roger has finally brought an end to the Willow threads on FSM! Well done sir. :)

Yeah if all you read is blah blah blah fantasy blah blah blah.

Possibilities:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_science_fiction_films_of_the_1980s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fantasy_films_of_the_1980s

Batteries Not Included?

Mac and Me?

Ghostbusters II?

Honey I Shrunk The Kids?

I think Batteries Not Included is the most likely candidate.

Hmmm. Looks like the the complete score will be paired with the OST program and disc 2 (i.e if it is *batteries not included) This would mean that the OST was an edited program and the film score on CD 1 would be the complete score with all of the score used (and unused). Alternates and source cues could easily be parked after the OST program on disc 2. Unless the full score spreads out to disc 2 as well. in that case the OST could come right after it is  concluded. Really excited for the jazz based sections. I have never heard the score apart from the movie.The OST cd was way out of print and only haunted by huge prices in the secondary market.

Yea I'm not that familiar with it either, but excited to add it to my collection. 

Might check out the movie again too, haven't seen it since I was really young

It is very much like Cocoon but with heavier emphasis on jazz bits. I'm getting this as I never had the OST album. It's not exactly a holy grail but pleasant score nonetheless.

Karol - who might pair it with that recent Trevor Jones

So basically, buy it if you don't already have Cocoon? 

Though what the hey, I was never much of a fan of that one as far as 80's Horner goodness goes. Batteries Not Included might resonate with me more for all I know.

8 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Nate and Hayes

Ah! Kinda just skimmed over that when it was announced because I'd never heard of it. But a pirate swashbuckler by Jones sounds interesting.

Doug adds:

This week’s new release is a 2-CD expansion of a lengthy score from the 80’s, full of fantasy and excitement. A single disc issued at the time of release offered just half of this wonderful score. Now we’re bringing you the rest of it! Artwork, contents and sound samples will be posted here at Intrada late tomorrow afternoon, Monday the 17th with orders going out later this week.

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/sc.13/category.60330/.f

I hope Willow is coming too, but tonight's title is clearly Batteries Not Included

The Willow OST contained more than half the score, and of course isn't sci-fi (and of course the griddle and teacup comments are a reference to BNI)

The album was 45 minutes long. It's a middling tv movie with a few ILM effects and barely 90 minutes long, so color me surprised if they forced 90 minutes of music out of Horner for this.

25 minutes ago, Jay said:

I hope Willow is coming too, but tonight's title is clearly Batteries Not Included

The Willow OST contained more than half the score, and of course isn't sci-fi (and of course the griddle and teacup comments are a reference to BNI)

I don’t read this thread, so I hadn’t known Willow was ruled out when you posted the most recent update on the LLL thread.  All I knew is it was two discs of fantasy and excitement from the 80s.  

Hope someone out there likes Batteries Not Included!

2 minutes ago, mstrox said:

I don’t read this thread

What's the logic behind reading the LLL thread but not the Intrada thread?

The last time Intrada released something that was must-buy for me is almost two years ago now.  I have a maybe-list for Intrada that includes Robin Hood and the two Mummy expansions, but nothing I've jumped at.

I at least pick up a few LLL releases per year, so I tend to follow them more closely.  I get the Intrada e-mails and that's typically enough.

I'd buy Willow day-one.

1 hour ago, publicist said:

The album was 45 minutes long. It's a middling tv movie with a few ILM effects and barely 90 minutes long, so color me surprised if they forced 90 minutes of music out of Horner for this.

The movie is 106 minutes long and the upcoming release also includes music not used in the film. So, Batteries Not Included is still a possibility. I hope it is. Wanting it since I saw the movie back in the nineties.

Whatever its actual length, the kind of movie it was it seems a bit excessive to record 90 minutes of score for it. If only 'Willow' had a 145-minute score, that would make an announcement to make my eyes water.

The release of *batteries not included has been delayed. The Intrada website now states this:

because of a pressing plant error, this release has been delayed and will likely begin shipping late Sept / early Oct

More info from Roger on the Intrada message board:

In one of the more annoying discoveries, we opened up the new set only discover that the plant had forgotten the second disc. That's a pretty big and frustrating miss. The plant has been notified and will be fixing as quickly as possible, but needless to say this release will be delayed a bit. Thanks Obama!

IMPORTANT PSA — will only take 5 min of your time!

74cb75bab2243992e98fab5156007185827084cf

http://goldsmithodyssey.buzzsprout.com/159614/813340-vote-goldsmith-for-kickstarter

Yes, we at The Goldsmith Odyssey threw this together in a matter of hours after Intrada’s surprise poll this morning. And yes, we are nuts.

Goldsmith nuts.

Yavar

Coming Oct 2: An early 90s family adventure gets it's debut from a composer usually known for his horror scoring. But the early to mid 90s was a time of branching out from this studio from their usual horror fare to family friendly stuff. And again this release aligns to a "genre" of sorts we've released other albums from earlier this year. It's the year of the...

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7969

Half-assed research tells me it’s probably some movie called Prehysteria! by some dude called Richard Band.

I figured the theme was dinosaurs and looked up dinosaur movies from the early 90s.  Besides.... ya know.... the big one.

Music from the 90’s by a prolific genre composer makes its debut this week on Intrada’s newest CD release. The movie is family-friendly, the composer is a friend… so make friends with this cool score. Artwork, contents and sound samples will be posted here tomorrow, Monday eve. Orders begin shipping on Tuesday, October 2.

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/sc.13/category.60330/.f