The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

• 2 weeks later...

No titles next week but there's a clue anyway:

The plant is still working on it so we won't have it in time, but we'll double it up with the other release coming in two weeks. Here's a clue - Mid-90s bio pic gets an expanded edition!

Many options. Nixon? Cobb? Michael Collins? Apollo 13? Goldenthal seems bit unlikely due to both films being WB. Horner is most likely as they announced there would be two more titles this year. Having said that, there are other possibilities as well.

Karol

8 minutes ago, crocodile said:

No titles next week but there's a clue anyway:

Many options. Nixon? Cobb? Michael Collins? Apollo 13? Goldenthal seems bit unlikely due to both films being WB. Horner is most likely as they announced there would be two more titles this year. Having said that, there are other possibilities as well.

Karol

Can you really call Apollo 13 a biopic?

11 minutes ago, Incanus said:

Can you really call Apollo 13 a biopic?

It's a tricky one. It is more of a docudrama... But if you stretch it..

Maybe it's Napoleon by Bill Conti? They did say there would something from him coming out 

Karol

I keep hoping Apollo 13 is coming from Intrada because it's one of my favorite Horners, it seems to be one Intrada could get, and they said they had a bunch of Horner titles coming this year.

But I don't think anyone would use biopic as the first word to describe the film, so unless Roger has a different interpretation of the word than I do, I don't think it's it.  I hope it is, though!

Roger confirmed on the Intrada forum it isn't Apollo 13:

Hmmmm....sounds alot like Apollo 13. Maybe Nixon. Both need expanding but I'm leaning more towards Apollo 13 since the movie First Man with Ryan Gosling is coming out in a week or so by Universal. I could be wrong so...just trying.

Nope and nope.

Then he added new info:

Actually turns out the release two weeks from now just came in! So a mid-90s sequel comedy crime drama makes its debut.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7981

Another Stakeout by Arthur B Rubinstein?

If it isn't Apollo 13 what other mid 90s Horner score is out there, since Roger had hinted on a couple of Horner titles that are expected before year end ? 

21 hours ago, crocodile said:

Many options. Nixon? Cobb? Michael Collins?[...]Goldenthal seems bit unlikely due to both films being WB.

Those seem to be the strongest candidates...along with 1995's Truman :lol:

At least we have the original cue titles for Nixon, so we know that a substantial amount of music is missing from the album

On 10/13/2018 at 3:49 AM, Amer said:

If it isn't Apollo 13 what other mid 90s Horner score is out there, since Roger had hinted on a couple of Horner titles that are expected before year end ? 

He did...but he also said the plans have shifted.

Karol

10/14/2018

It’s the 90’s and Disney… actually Touchstone to be more accurate, but who’s counting? For our purposes, they both come from the same “mouse house” today. I write of our next new CD release, available this coming Tuesday, October 16. It’s a world premiere with an hour of fantastic music from a fantastic composer. Artwork, contents and sound samples will be posted here tomorrow eve.

54 minutes ago, crocodile said:

I like the score on album but didn't think it worked that well in the film. I'd be interested to hear the work in its entirety though.

Karol

Why didnt you think it worked in the film?

10 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Why didnt you think it worked in the film?

Because, as amazing as John Williams is as musicians, he has this tendency to score serious in very broad strokes and from a bird-view perspective of infinite wisdom. Almost as if he's composing a concert piece meant to encapsulate the entire concept rather than follow the narrative. As a result his scores for these films often feel bit too wise for their own good - they're ahead of the characters. It often feels quite preachy. It's not always the case. With Nixon, there is something really caricature-like about the score which doesn't help me immerse in the story.

Karol

Epic could be one of those subjective words. Epic to you might be nothing to the next guy. 

I would bet that no one will guess that second title accurately. How often does it happen where it's not guessed?

A 2-CD set from the late '80s features an expanded presentation of a film that's...how do I describe it, actually? Let's say this release is a score to a sci-fi/fantasty epic in a tea cup is hot off the griddle and ready for you to move in! Oh and there was a slice of music that didn't make it into the film.

Karol

7 hours ago, Bryant Burnette said:

There are John Williams fans who don't like the score to Nixon?  What an odd world.

I don't know if I like it or not. I've gone this long without experiencing the score or film. Keeping it going. 

7 hours ago, crocodile said:

Because, as amazing as John Williams is as musicians, he has this tendency to score serious in very broad strokes and from a bird-view perspective of infinite wisdom. Almost as if he's composing a concert piece meant to encapsulate the entire concept rather than follow the narrative. As a result his scores for these films often feel bit too wise for their own good - they're ahead of the characters. It often feels quite preachy. It's not always the case. With Nixon, there is something really caricature-like about the score which doesn't help me immerse in the story.

Karol

The Imperial March part always gets a laugh out of me!

Right, the mid 90s comedy crime drama sequel has obviously been Another Stakeout since the initial cue.

The only unsolved mystery is the first title mentioned, the mid 90s bio pic that is not Apollo 13 or Nixon.