The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

8 hours ago, crocodile said:

Whatever it is, think I'll catch up on some Tadlow releases instead this month.

Karol

A very good idea. I too am missing a few items from their wonderful catalogue.

13 hours ago, kaseykockroach said:

I’m not crazy! I just don’t give a darn!

Annoyingly barking up the wrong tree. There are so many useless expansions and you thrice diss one of the last worthy ones. 

Doug's Corner for tonight's titles

11/11/2018

Come this Tuesday, November 13, Intrada greets you with two new CD releases to add to your (hopefully) growing library of soundtracks. One CD features music by a prolific composer who boasts a very large number of soundtrack releases to date. The other CD comes from an Academy Award-winning composer with an even larger, in fact, formidable array of soundtrack albums in the marketplace. We just made the CD collections of these two composers a little bit bigger this week! Artwork, contents and sound samples will be posted here Monday evening, November 12. Orders begin shipping the following morning.

Surely Remote by Richard Band and Legend of the Lone Ranger by John Barry

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8013

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like there are two batches remaining - whatever is coming out next week (clues sure to follow within the next couple of days) and there is going to be one more in December...

There will be one more batch in Dec. Two titles. Maybe three if it gets through the plant in time.

Karol

Clues for final releases this year:

Two releases next week -- the last of the year (with the exception of a new film coming out in Dec that we're releasing but more on that later). One is a mid-70s horror film from a wildly popular composer that gets its debut. The second is a straight re-issue an earlier Intrada album from the '90s. Great thriller score by a guy who can do horror scores. Most people didn't pay it much mind the first time around, but now with some remastering and better packaging, you have a second opportunity to not pay it much mind.

Karol

2 hours ago, publicist said:

If only 'Reincarnation of Peter Proud' was a horror movie...i'd wet my pants and declare it a release on par with those damn Potter scores.

Concerning The Reincarnation of Peter Proud:

Screenshot_2018-11-29-10-19-27.png

1. It is clearly from the "mid-70s" - not from a time that anyone can interpret as late or early 70s.

2. It is considered a "horror film", not just on Wikipedia, but on many other websites as well.

3. Jerry Goldsmith is without a doubt a "wildly popular composer".

4. There is no official release of this score, so it would indeed be a "debut".

5. Intrada already indicated there would be one more Goldsmith release this year (if not two).

Mystery solved.

5 hours ago, publicist said:

Of course not. Only shitty bootlegs with bad sound. It's truly a score much ahead of its time (the dreamy atmosphere in some cues foreshadows NH's Shymalayan work).

This soumds really good. I will get this. If not now then after Christmas.

Karol

19 minutes ago, publicist said:

So now you finally start to catch up on the really good Goldies, aren't you? #windmeetslion

For people my age a lot of these releases are brand new. When I got into soundtrack collecting a lot of these were already gone. Especially Goldsmith ones as a lot of the films weren't exactly what you could call "popular". My first Goldsmith album was Star Trek: Insurrection and I bought it around 2001. Around that time many physical stores started to cut down on their stock. So yeah, some of what you call "bottle cap" releases are my only chance to get them. :)

And yes, Wind is wonderful. It is steadily climbing up my favourite Goldsmith scores.

Karol

The 70s debut is clearly Reincarnation of Peter Proud, which is neat!  I've never seen that film, and never heard that score, but I know many Goldsmith fans have been clamoring for it for years, so I'm excited to get this one and check it out!

What about the other title?

7 hours ago, crocodile said:

The second is a straight re-issue an earlier Intrada album from the '90s. Great thriller score by a guy who can do horror scores. Most people didn't pay it much mind the first time around, but now with some remastering and better packaging, you have a second opportunity to not pay it much mind.

I guess its one of the ones on this list?

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4813

16 hours ago, publicist said:

If only 'Reincarnation of Peter Proud' was a horror movie...i'd wet my pants and declare it a release on par with those damn Potter scores.

I've never heard a single note of that score. But if even publicist gets so dramatic and emotional, it has to be something special. Am I right?

I'm not dramatic, it's just the last essential Goldsmith missing (imho), the soundscape is certainly unique for its time and i suspect they did the same they did with 'Damnation Alley' (recreating the synth parts that have supposedly gone AWOL). Either way, it's certainly not for the regular Williams crowd as it is a typical offbeat Goldsmith thriller.

6 hours ago, publicist said:

Either way, it's certainly not for the regular Williams crowd as it is a typical offbeat Goldsmith thriller.

That sounds like it's something for Brundlefly. Damnation Alley already was spectacular and nobody here cared about it. Is this one as good as DA in your opinion?

12 minutes ago, Yavar Moradi said:

I enjoy DA more but I think Peter Proud may be the greater film score.

This sounds like another Damnation Alley case:

I can be very happy that I didn't know the score, because otherwise the lack of an official release would have been very painful.

Same with 100 Rifles.

I'm getting really excited for this completely unknown Jerry Goldsmith horror score that is said to be such an outstanding work according to anyone who has ever listened to it (not only in this thread).

54 minutes ago, Yavar Moradi said:

Don’t want to oversell you on it, but I do think it’s a score that’s best appreciated in-film.

Well, if you say it may be a better film score than Damnation Alley...

9 hours ago, Warrior of Wet Dreams said:

Atmospheric synth stuff. 

Completely mischaracterizing the soundscape. Most of it is a mid-size ensemble of piano/strings/woodwinds/guitar. Synths occasionally punctuate eerie moments.

22 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

Well, if you say it may be a better film score than Damnation Alley...

I don’t actually think DA is all that great in the film itself (which is probably 80% the film’s fault). I think it’s actually much more sparse in the film than this film needs (several scenes in the film feel like they really could have used some music to prop them up), while at the same occasionally being overscored in context (at the opening Jerry has to seek inspiration from somewhere and so I think scored the *idea* of a nuclear holocaust happening rather than the unbelievably boring sequence on screen...I guess it’s more fair to say that the film actively lets him down, but it definitely isn’t always the strongest marriage of film and score.) On album though, DA is pure dynamite!

Peter Proud on the other hand is IMO less in your face thrilling as pure music, but much more brilliantly attuned to the film it was written for, actively making it better as a film than it would have been with some other score.

Yavar