The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

2 hours ago, Yavar Moradi said:

I don’t actually think DA is all that great in the film itself (which is probably 80% the film’s fault). I think it’s actually much more sparse in the film than this film needs (several scenes in the film feel like they really could have used some music to prop them up), while at the same occasionally being overscored in context (at the opening Jerry has to seek inspiration from somewhere and so I think scored the *idea* of a nuclear holocaust happening rather than the unbelievably boring sequence on screen...I guess it’s more fair to say that the film actively lets him down, but it definitely isn’t always the strongest marriage of film and score.) On album though, DA is pure dynamite!

I only know this score without any context and that is awesome! The movie even threatens the effect of the music. I once watched half of the scene that was accompanied by "Don't Bug Me". It was incredibly lame and was actively damaging the intensitiy of the music, so I switched it off. Normally the movie and its music work together - here they worked against each other.

Doug's Corner:

12/2/2018

For December 4, we’ll offer two new releases, one an exciting world premiere from a 70’s horror/thriller that boasts music from a genuine fan favorite, the other soundtrack also supporting a thriller but in this case our CD being simply a remastered reissue of one of our early releases when Intrada was in its first decade going. It’s a superb orchestral work and certainly deserving a second listen. Artwork, contents and sound samples for both will be posted here tomorrow evening.

We actually have another pretty impressive world premiere release coming later this month, attached to a major new movie opening for the holidays. The picture is from one of the major studios, the star a big one, the composer very famous and the director boasting a formidable list of successes as well. Intrada is certainly the smallest name in the bundle but we’re no less honored to be a part of it just the same. More on this one very shortly so stay tuned!

Intrigued by that second part!

1 hour ago, crocodile said:

So what's the second one then?

Karol

Way too broad a clue to guess!  Could be basically anything from their first decade that hasn't already been re-released.

I'm interested in Goldsmith bit not necessarily a day 1 purchase for me. Will wait and see what Quartet announces on Friday. Their big "ambitious" project is coming out this week.

Karol

I'm interested in Goldsmith bit not necessarily a day 1 purchase for me. Will wait and see what Quartet announces on Friday. Their big "ambitious" project is coming out this week.

After the Quartet announcement I will order the last non-LLL batch this years on soundtrackcorner. The question is, whether it will include Leviathan.:P - Probably not.:(

Will wait and see what Quartet announces on Friday. Their big "ambitious" project is coming out this week.

Wasn't that the Grusin box announced last week? Or is there something else? 

Roger basically just confirmed that the 3rd title is Welcome to Marwen - Backlot Record will do the streaming/digital, Intrada the physical

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=132342&forumID=1&archive=0

9 hours ago, crocodile said:

I'm waiting for the Goldsmith to finally order Dracula.

It’s worth pointing out that Hider in the House is not just a reissue but also a remaster, with new liner notes by John Takis. I’m tempted to pick it up, especially since Intrada is offering it at a reduced price...

Yavar

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure if that's a serious question or a joke.

The OST album only contains 40 minutes of Horner's score; the rest is classic rock songs, and there is movie dialogue that appears mixed over the score and songs as well.

1.     Main Title (02:28) 
2.     One Small Step (00:43) Movie Dialogue Excerpt
3.     Night Train (03:27) Performed by James Brown
4.     Groovin' (02:26) Performed by The Young Rascals
5.     Somebody To Love (02:54) Performed by Jefferson Airplane
6.     I Can See For Miles (04:09) Performed by The Who
7.     Purple Haze (02:45) Performed by Jimi Hendrix
8.     Launch Control (00:27) Movie Dialogue Excerpt
9.     All Systems Go / The Launch (10:03) 
10.     Welcome To Apollo 13 (00:26) Movie Dialogue Excerpt
11.     Spirit In The Sky (03:50) Performed by Norman Greenbaum
12.     House Cleaning / Houston, We Have A Problem (00:54) Movie Dialogue Excerpt
13.     Master Alarm (03:36) 
14.     What's Going On? (00:51) Movie Dialogue Excerpt
15.     Into The Lem (04:18) 
16.     Out Of Time / Shut Her Down (00:33) Movie Dialogue Excerpt
17.     Darkside Of The Moon (04:49) 
18.     Failure Is Not An Option (00:23) Movie Dialogue Excerpt
19.     Honky Tonkin' (02:42) Performed by Hank Williams
20.     Blue Moon (04:01) Performed by The Mavericks
21.     Waiting For Disaster / A Privilege (00:29) Movie Dialogue Excerpt
22.     Re-Entry & Splashdown (08:52) 
23.     End Titles (07:01) 

41 minutes ago, Jay said:

I'm not sure if that's a serious question or a joke.

I was referring to the fact that the film contains a lot of classic rock songs. How many minutes of unreleased music is there?

35 minutes ago, W0$ said:

No, but the footwarmer sure is. 

That's really all you need.

4 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I was referring to the fact that the film contains a lot of classic rock songs. How many minutes of unreleased music is there?

Quite a lot. Think it's more than double what's on the album. The OST selection of cues is actually very solid but a lot of the tracks overlap with dialogue etc. We need this release.

Karol

10 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Quite a lot. Think it's more than double what's on the album.

I wouldn't have guessed that, but then it's quite a long time since I last watched the film.

9 minutes ago, Warrior of Wet Dreams said:

The OST would be fine if it weren’t for the dialogue. The cue selections are fine otherwise.

We need a score-free OST release such that the dialogue can really shine!

22 minutes ago, W0$ said:

Ever since Black Friday, I kinda forgot all about Intrada, actually. 

That's surprising, as I find the cover for one of their post-Black Friday releases rather unforgettable...I kinda thought that, once seen, it could never be unseen :o:

media.nl?id=16036&c=ACCT67745&h=e40df1a5

As soon as I get my physical copy you can bet I'll be turning my booklet around so this one is displayed...

media.nl?id=16037&c=ACCT67745&h=89b6db0e

Maybe a bit less memorable but also less embarrassing if someone should see it (unfortunately my wife already saw the front cover when I requested this as a Christmas present...lets just say it convinced her to get me something else).

Yavar

I'd never really paid attention to the contents of the Apollo 13 OST - hadn't realised how little score is on there. Albums like this feel very pretentious, like the composer is saying 'that's all the score you need to hear'.

Given how many songs there are, they should've done two albums, with the score album along the lines of Deep Impact.

26 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Consider me interested in Apollo 13! OSTs should NOT have dialogue.

If they've included the entire score and still have room, then I don't care what else they put on it. But not in this case...

That's surprising, as I find the cover for one of their post-Black Friday releases rather unforgettable...I kinda thought that, once seen, it could never be unseen :o:

As soon as I get my physical copy you can bet I'll be turning my booklet around so this one is displayed...

Maybe a bit less memorable but also less embarrassing if someone should see it (unfortunately my wife already saw the front cover when I requested this as a Christmas present...lets just say it convinced her to get me something else).

Yavar

Yeah... I'm done blind buying Goldsmith scores to movies I've otherwise never heard of and don't think I'll ever see. So I skipped this one. 

Yavar

The main cover just looks like someone is massively enjoying a wank!

35 minutes ago, W0$ said:

Yeah... I'm done blind buying Goldsmith scores to movies I've otherwise never heard of and don't think I'll ever see. So I skipped this one. 

...which was a fault.

4 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

I'd never really paid attention to the contents of the Apollo 13 OST - hadn't realised how little score is on there. Albums like this feel very pretentious, like the composer is saying 'that's all the score you need to hear'.

They're right about that 80% of the time.

There's a big difference between releasing a packed 70 minutes or so of score and being relatively happy with that presentation, and doing a Varese 30/40-minuter and making the same judgement. Take Deep Impact for example - a packed album and I'm happy with Horner suggesting that that volume of music is sufficient for casual listening. I'm not ok with that same suggestion if you've only released half the score.