The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

I recently re-discovered Hidalgo via the expanded set and there's a lot of good unreleased music. I'd buy an official 2CD in a heartbeat.

Having said that, I'm not quite following how you get this score from "a major Disney title and the resulting 2-CD release". Disney has a lot of scores...

11 minutes ago, crocodile said:

I'd be happy with The Land Before Time reissue. It's one crucial title missing from my collection. And a score that is just as good as Willow.

Well, yes, but also more child-like and sweet, missing the whole brutality angle of the evil sorceress Horner captured so well.

Forgive my ignorance here but why does Intrada seemingly have no issue acquiring Disney scores for expansion while it's a no-go zone for all the other labels?

Furthermore, if they can touch other Disney scores then why is Star Wars/Indiana Jones totally out-of-bounds to everyone except Disney's own label? Is that purely a prestige thing?

6 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Forgive my ignorance here but why does Intrada seemingly have no issue acquiring Disney scores for expansion while it's a no-go zone for all the other labels?

Sometimes these things happen in the industry.

6 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Furthermore, if they can touch other Disney scores then why is Star Wars/Indiana Jones totally out-of-bounds to everyone except Disney's own label? Is that purely a prestige thing?

Because those scores are big enough that Disney would want to put them out on their own Disney Records labels, sell thousands and thousands of copies, and make it worth their while.  Niche scores to small catalog films that might sell 1,500 copies they are happy to license to a label to do, they'll never do them themselves

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, crocodile said:

here's who's left: Debney, Schifrin, Tiomkin, Tiomkin

That means these composers Roger teased earlier in the year had their titles canceled or pushed back to 2020

From the March 2019 list: Jerry Goldsmith, Basil Poledouris, Bill Conti, James Horner, Hugo Friedhofer

From the April 2019 list:  Jerry Goldsmith, Basil Poledouris, Bill Conti, James Horner, Hugo Friedhofer, Laurence RosenthalFrank DeVol

From the June 2019 list: Frank DeVol, Jerry Goldsmith, Basil Poledouris

Looks like by June, they already knew the Conti, Horner, and Friedhofer weren't happening

And this makes 2019 Intrada's first year without a Goldsmith title in... ever?  A long time, at least.

On 10/28/2019 at 4:38 PM, Jay said:

2011 - 7 titles - Link, City of Fear, Masada, Explorers, The Great Train Robbery, The Sand Pebbles

2012 - 4 titles - Star Trek 5, 2 Days In The Valley, The Shadow, Hoosiers

2013 - 8 titles - Congo, Gladiator, Shock Treatment / Fate Is the Hunter, Seven Days In May, Von Ryan's Express / The Detective, Inchon, Rio Conchos, Sebastian 

2014 - 4 titles - Psycho II, Night Crossing, Deep Rising, Our Man Flint / In Like Flint

2015 - 8 titles - The River Wild, Warlock, The Ghost and the Darkness, The Trouble With Angles, Capricorn One, The Secret of NIMH, Stagecoach, In Harm's Way

2016 - 3 titles - Powder, Chinatown, Rambo First Blood Part 2

2017 - 3 titles - Poltergeist II, One Little Indian, Damnation Alley

2018 - 6 titles - Rambo III, Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend, The Mummy, The Lonely Guy, The Reincarnation of Peter Proud

2019 - 0 titles

4 hours ago, Jay said:

And this makes 2019 Intrada's first year without a Goldsmith title in... ever?  A long time, at least.

That possibly means the end of the world.

They should have postponed The Mummy to 2019, so they would have had more time to do it properly and they would have had a Goldsmith release in 2019.

Coming December 3rd!

Since we have a holiday week here and some of us are traveling soon, we're giving you a sneak peek of next week's releases, today!

And click here for the Return from Witch Mountain podcast: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ftd4w62pzcqk9gk/Rerturn from Witch Mountain.mp3

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8311

I can't listen to the podcast now, but haven't some of the recent podcasts teased a future release at the end of them?  Does this one?

4 hours ago, Jay said:

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8311

I can't listen to the podcast now, but haven't some of the recent podcasts teased a future release at the end of them?

Yes.

4 hours ago, Jay said:

Does this one?

No. But this Schifrin score sounds GREAT!

1 hour ago, Kasey Kockroach said:

I had to sit through that Dora movie yesterday. It was playing in the background at the car inspection joint in the vain hopes of quieting crying kids.

I went fairly reluctantly, but I had to sit through it in theater, because my wife really wanted to go (growing up a Hispanic girl in L.A., Dora was somewhat special for her)... and I must say, I was pleasantly surprised! I thought it was a delightful little film even though I had no connection to the show. It was a silly kids movie yes, but better than most such, in part because it was so entertainingly self-aware. The score was very good, and I for one am actually excited that the fun song from the end of the movie (written by one half of Flight of the Conchords, Bret McKenzie) is being included on Intrada's album because it was not released digitally.

Yavar

• 3 weeks later...

Oh hey Intrada released 2 new titles last night

• 3 weeks later...

1/2/2020

It’s 2020! Welcome to the New Year! As Intrada begins this busy time, I start by saying I’m looking forward to a lot of cool albums coming up, not only from us but several other labels as well. Expansions, restorations, re-mastered editions, new discoveries… welcome one and all. I hesitate to mention “limited editions” since just about everything nowadays is limited by market interest, with re-pressings based on demand and titles moving about from one label to another becoming routine. But no matter what yardstick is used, the music is most welcome.

As we begin the new year, I’m really excited to hear such positive responses to our just-released new recording of Dial M For Murder. Much of the feedback divides into two camps: Those who are thrilled with the authenticity and quality of the release and those are stunned by the speed with which we went from recording the score to having finished discs available. Hearing from both camps either way is a really nice way to launch this series. We hoped listeners would be pleased with our efforts - your responses and support suggest we succeeded. Thank you! We worked hard to assemble a perfect team for our first crowd-funded project. Maestro Stromberg and I spent quite a bit of time over the holidays getting pre-production plans underway for our next release already. We have a long list of fantastic requests as well as our own personal favorites so we may just have to throw a dart and see where it lands!

Our first 2020 new soundtrack release hits mid-month and it’s one I’ve been excited about seeing happen for awhile now. A 2-CD set, a Disney title, a magnificent score from a favorite composer… what’s not to like? It arrives right on the heels of our Dimitri Tiomkin release mentioned above so the Intrada hamsters here in the shipping room will have plenty of stuff to stay caught up with. And there are plenty more fabulous releases in the works to follow. Hopefully you’ll stay tuned. I’ll make sure the hamsters stay fed.

14 minutes ago, Fal J. M. Skywalker said:

Willow? Probably not.

I'm not sure he would call that "a Disney title" even though Disney owns it now. I suspect we'll be looking for a film originally produced at Disney, and probably Disney-branded too (not Touchstone), but I may be wrong!

Yavar

14 minutes ago, Yavar Moradi said:

I'm not sure he would call that "a Disney title" even though Disney owns it now. I suspect we'll be looking for a film originally produced at Disney, and probably Disney-branded too (not Touchstone), but I may be wrong!

Yavar

These days Disney can be 80% of everything in Hollywood. :lol:

Karol

I'd love it to be Mulan by Goldsmith for sure, but I'd suspect it's some 60's or 70's Disney film by a composer that scored a lot of Disney flicks

1 hour ago, Yavar Moradi said:

Yavar

Very true, but if it were something Lucasfilm, they couldn't exactly say so could they*, as everyone would be "It's Willow!".

*assuming that "other" Lucasfilm property us off the table for 3rd party labels

26 minutes ago, Jay said:

The leak would fit on one disc

01. Inner Sanctum (1:28)

02. The Nesting Grounds (1:42)

03. The Attack (1:14)

04. The Egg Travels (2:44)

05. The Egg Hatches (3:43)

06. Playing Monster (1:28)

07. Zini Rehearses (0:41)

08. The Maiting Ritual (4:15)

09. The Meteor (4:04)

10. Arrival At Mainland (2:07)

11. Aladar Meets The Herd (4:20)

12. Pushing and Shoving (0:35)

13. Aladar Meets The Misfits (3:25)

14. Herd Prepares (2:28)

15. The Trek (2:30)

16. Finding Water (4:20)

17. Enough For Everyone (1:28)

18. Aladar and Neera (3:27)

19. Kron Moves The Herd (2:44)

20. Misfits Find Bruton (1:52)

21. The Cave (3:37)

22. The Carnotaur Attack (3:45)

23. Neera Rescues The Orphans (1:07)

24. A Dead End (1:05)

25. Breakout (2:45)

26. It Comes With A Pool (3:04)

27. Kron and Aladar Fight (2:54)

28. The Carnotaur Standoff (4:49)

29. Epilogue (2:29)

30. End Credits (Intro) (1:08)

TOTAL TIME 1:17:18

Maybe there are a ton of alternates we've never heard, who knows.

There are for sure, as JNH once stated that they sent him back to the drawing room with his initial theme for not being memorable enough. 

'Hidalgo' is a more likely and musically better option.

50 minutes ago, JTWfan77 said:

Very true, but if it were something Lucasfilm, they couldn't exactly say so could they*, as everyone would be "It's Willow!".

*assuming that "other" Lucasfilm property us off the table for 3rd party labels

Actually I've been thinking Intrada might also pursue complete releases for Peter Bernstein's two Ewok TV movie scores...I feel like those are obscure enough and their Star Wars connection tangential enough that Disney *might* let them pursue expansions for those two fun scores. Although Peter himself would prefer re-recording them, it sounds like that is a no-go, judging from our conversation a few months ago:
http://goldsmithodyssey.buzzsprout.com/159614/1746388-odyssey-interviews-peter-bernstein

Yavar

2 hours ago, publicist said:

There are for sure, as JNH once stated that they sent him back to the drawing room with his initial theme for not being memorable enough. 

That's interesting, as I never quite 'got' the main theme from Dinosaur - always felt a bit unoriginal to me. I'd vastly prefer Hidalgo to be expanded.