The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

Roger has posted more about the 1,000 unit as to what it'll be.
The 1000 release title is a Fox double header from the 50s and 60s. Both turn of the century tales featuring murder and mayhem.

I wonder why I even bother reading this thread for another 5 years.

Because great music has been around for more than 35 years.

The releases are:

In Harm's Way - Jerry Goldsmith

The Girl in the Red Velvet Swing/The St. Valentine's Day Massacre - Leigh Harline/Fred Steiner & Lionel Newman

Yeah, the (B section?) of the theme in "The Rock" that starts at 0:21 of the sample is stuck in my head now.

A very welcome re-release. That SLC CD release was impossible to find at a reasonable price.

Now, I'm wondering if we will also see a SpaceCamp re-release in the near future...

No word yet on new releases for next week. Maybe they are taking a break. I'm fully expecting The Journey of Natty Gann to pop up soon, with no doubt that it's the elusive SC#96. Every other pre-100 SC title is accounted for (I think) and it would round out a Disney/Horner trilogy.

Here's a hint from the head of Intrada about next week's release.

we'll still be posting our newest Special Collection limited CD for sale next Tuesday as well. It's one of the all-time most requested we've ever had around here... and now it's a reality. A stricter license limits us to just 2500 copies, so if it tickles your fancy, don't wait long to grab it.

If Back to the Future was limited to 2500 units thier server would most likely crash or something.

You don't like BTTF?

Sounds like it'll be Natty Gann. It's always been highly requested, but it's been getting a lot of mentions since the Disney/Horner-fest began with Honey, I Shrunk the Kids. And is it possible that the stricter 2500 amount could be due to the lack of sell-outs for Honey and Something Wicked? We'll see.

Hm...possible, but it seems to me that with Universal being the last big hold-out, there would be some kind of hint regarding that.

I just found out the elusive Number 96 was actually Conti's Uncle Joe Shannon that came out the other week. Still, fingers crossed for Natty Gann (maybe the reduction in units is because of Bernstein's rejected score being released last year by Varese).

Hm...possible, but it seems to me that with Universal being the last big hold-out, there would be some kind of hint regarding that.

Have no Universal scores been released this way then?

I hope that they're not impregnable, because several scores I really, really want released are Universal.

I hope that they're not impregnable, because several scores I really, really want released are Universal.

What are your holy grails, Rich?

I think Family Plot is coming. The last page of the Intrada How to Steal a Million booklet was an image from the movie of Audrey reading a Hitchcock book. Michael Matessino was telling us something...

I have a feeling this may be something other than a Disney release. Odd they would change the units to 2500 after doing 3000 on the previous ones.

Perhaps Intrada has a Paramount release coming?

What are your holy grails, Rich?

Dante's Peak (I'll worship Varese forever if this appears anytime soon, especially if a 2-CD complete) and The Flintstones are the two main Universal ones. I won't reel off a list, but only one is pre-90s and that's Ghostbusters II. I wouldn't call that a grail, but I'd really like to hear it.

And yes, it would be strange to suddenly reduce by 500. Unfortunately though my tastes are too decade specific to probably enjoy a 'most requested title'. Next two Mondays will be exciting though, with both labels springing surprises.

Holy schnikes! Roger's clue for the day was simply "1985"!

Back to the Future

The Goonies

Young Sherlock Holmes

The Black Cauldron

The Journey of Natty Gann

Any other ideas?

I think it's one of the first three of these. Disney's been good about 3000 editions so far. As has already been stated, the seemingly imposed limit of 2500 would indicate a new kind of deal. Warner has generally been pretty good about releases, and The Goonies is a pretty oft-requested score. Universal would be newer territory, though, and the deal required to get BTTF out may have included the lower number. There could be something to do with the Paramount issue with YSH, but with a 3000 release for Airplane!, that seems unlikely. This could be BTTF, folks. My guess for a runner-up is The Goonies. I would think that with Intrada's good relationship with UMG and Paramount's new policies that YSH, having been recorded in London, would not require a more strict limit. Man, I hope I get back in town in time on Monday.

I doubt it'll be The Black Cauldron, you can get it on iTunes from Varesse and since the iTunes Plus deal is still kinda recent I would say Varesse still has the rights (other Varesse titles dissapered after the transition to iTunes Plus, but Black Cauldron remains).

Yeah, me too. I'm gonna be out of town this weekend and probably won't get home until late Monday night. Here's hoping for a later announcement time than we got last Monday.

Yeah true, it would be bad news at only 2500 if it was Back To The Future. :joy:

But if it is, I'm having two copies! :P

I doubt it'll be The Black Cauldron, you can get it on iTunes from Varesse and since the iTunes Plus deal is still kinda recent I would say Varesse still has the rights (other Varesse titles dissapered after the transition to iTunes Plus, but Black Cauldron remains).

Fake just ruled out Young Sherlock Holmes and The Black Cauldron.

He not only ruled them out, but gave further clarity in the clue: this is a title that was one of the most requested at the time apparently, and since, even though they were not definitive or anything, YSH and Black Cauldron got releases, that sort of negates them.

Was The Journey of Natty Gann particularly popular back then--at least in film score circles? As much sense as it makes, it seems really weird that after so many 3000 unit releases, they'd suddenly enforce a 2500 unit limit. The thing about all this is that the number would seem weird with any really popular score from that time. Right now I'm standing by BTTF and Goonies as my best guesses, but it really is a puzzler.

I'm just trying to work out if the 2500 unit number is in itself, a clue.....

Is that number related to Back To The Future in anyway? I don't think it is, but you never know..........

I'm just trying to work out if the 2500 unit number is in itself, a clue.....

Is that number related to Back To The Future in anyway? I don't think it is, but you never know..........

I really doubt they'd try to do that. The only reason I can think of BTTF getting a <3000 pressing is because the OST is still in print and very much available. But it's not like that's a competitor...

The factors I can see being a limit on BTTF would be...

1) Huey Lewis songs

2) New arrangement to work with Universal

3) In print album

The Goonies is seeming like a probability to me. The different labels and such involved could complicate things enough to require a more limited release. I don't recall why, but someone at the Intrada boards was thinking that it's NOT going to be Natty Gann. If it's not, then The Goonies sounds like the likeliest thing, and that would make me a very happy camper.

Actually the Varese album was a re-recording so Intrada could release the actual score tracks.

Actually the Varese album was a re-recording so Intrada could release the actual score tracks.

Doug already said on the Intrada message board that it's not The Black Cauldron (or Young Sherlock Holmes).