The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

I just wish the film version of the prologue would be "released"

That and the cue for Marty and Doc looking at the map at the train station. It's pretty clean on the DVD rip, but it'd be nice to have it full quality. It's a little cue, but I love the blending of the "mission" percussion and the tuba variation of the Western theme.

What about Star Wars Part 3 Revenge of the Sith?

One can always has a dream......

Again not likely. MV told me once in a email that Sony won't let the rights to the Star Wars scores go to any other label.

What about Star Wars Part 3 Revenge of the Sith?

One can always has a dream......

Again not likely. MV told me once in a email that Sony won't let the rights to the Star Wars scores go to any other label.

It is a sacred milk cow. Why let is go when you can repackage it and sell it again and again for good profit?

Jurassic Park 3 would be great! Even though there is the footwarmer, the quality could be a lot better, and it could feature film versions of cues that weren't on it. However, if it had those PLUS what is on the footwarmer, it would need to be a 2 CD set since the footwarmer was like a full 80 if I'm not mistaken.

Jurassic Park 3 would be really nice, although it wouldn't have the moment I'd actually like clean - the film version of the buildup to the cage sequence, I believe the slow drums are the work of the music editors.

I can definitely see it being Toy Story 3 in physical format, but like Up, I find such a release tremendously overrated. It shouldn't be a cause for celebration.

I think Spidey 3 remains in the 'not any time soon' realm. I've read multiple quotes from MV that Sony is very protective and weird with the Spidey franchise and that it just won't happen any time soon.

Part 3 could probably be from a lot of movies that had multiple sequels IE: Robocop, Predator and such. It could be from a lot of movies that had a Part 3.

The complete boot for BTTF 3 I'm happy with knowing that we'll never see an official release for it.

Yes, it's with Varese, but it certainly does not mean we'll never get an official expansion... we may just have to wait some time for it.

The only scores for which I'll accept that we'll never see official releases are where the masters are lost. If it's just label rights issues, they'll be worked out eventually.

What's with Die Hard With A Vengeance for the "Part III"-release? yeah I know the previous two release were by Kamen... but there's still hope :sigh:

1/22/12

More CDs ready for you to consider! We'll post artwork and sound samples for two new releases tomorrow evening (Monday the 23rd). Hopefully you'll like what you see and hear and toss us your orders. In return, we promise to start shipping those orders back out to you on Tuesday the 24th.

One of the titles certainly qualifies as a mega-success at the box office, the other aims for select audiences with history in mind. The former is unlimited, the latter will be available while quantities and interest remain. Both offer really cool music!

Source: http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4593

Definitely Toy Story 3.

INTRADA

Announces:

404966_10150509442177169_569387168_8666538_1446417160_n.jpg

TOY STORY 3

Music Composed and Conducted by RANDY NEWMAN

INTRADA/DISNEY D001734402

Toy Story 3 demanded that Randy not only write a great deal of music, but a

great deal of very diverse music. It needed to be nostalgic, funny, genre-crossing,

and full of action and intense drama. But most importantly, it needed to melt your

heart. -- Lee Unkrich, Director

Intrada is pleased to announce our latest release in conjunction with Walt Disney Records, Randy Newman's score for Toy Story 3. As with the previous Toy Story scores, Newman composed for large orchestra, bringing an epic scope to the animated antics of Woody, Buzz and the other toys. Only in this film, the stakes were higher and the action more intense, requiring Newman to step it up, as the director noted above. And on top of all that, no Toy Story score would be complete without an original song composed and performed by Randy Newman, and this one is no exception, featuring "We Belong Together." The soundtrack also includes :"You've Got a Friend in Me" performed by the Gipsy Kings.

In Toy Story 3, as Andy prepares to leave for college and his toys are packed up for long-term storage, they are mistakenly delivered to a day-care center, where a whole host of resident toys rule with an iron first. Things seem pleasant enough at first, but turn oppressive quickly and it's up to Woody, Buzz, and friends to set things right.

INTRADA/DISNEY D001734402

Retail Price: $19.99

Available Now

For track listing and sound samples, please visit

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7432/.f

TOY STORY 3

Label: Disney / Intrada D001734402

Date: 2010

Tracks: 17

Time = 56:34

Cool news! World premiere CD release of Randy Newman's exciting, colorful and sentimental soundtrack for finale to legendary animation trilogy from Walt Disney Pictures/Pixar Animation Studios, directed by Lee Unkrich, showcasing final adventures of Woody and Buzz Lightyear. Newman offers flavorful score rich with colorful Americana, rousing excitement, gentle nostalgia, warm sentiment. Walt Disney Records/Intrada co-branded CD premiere also features hit Randy Newman theme song "We Belong Together" and Spanish-language version of "You've Got A Friend In Me" that features in terrific storyline. Handsome packaging includes generous array of color stills, shots of composer Newman, director Unkrich at recording sessions, brief notes from both men plus lyrics for two songs. Stunning recording by David Boucher, vivid orchestrations by Jonathan Sacks, Don Davis & Randy Newman. Newman also conducts. Exciting addition to ongoing Disney-Intrada co-branded CD soundtrack series!

01. We Belong Together 4:02 Performed by Randy Newman

02. You’ve Got a Friend in Me (Para el Buzz Español) 2:14 Performed by Gipsy Kings

03. Cowboy! 4:10

04. Garbage? 2:40

05. Sunnyside 2:20

06. Woody Bails 4:40

07. Come to Papa 2:05

08. Go See Lotso 3:36

09. Bad Buzz 2:21

10. You Got Lucky 5:58

11. Spanish Buzz 3:31

12. What About Daisy? 2:07

13. To the Dump 3:50

14. The Claw 3:56

15. Going Home 3:22

16. So Long 4:55

17. Zu-Zu (Ken’s Theme) 0:34

Price: $19.99

INTRADA Announces:

401542_10150509441847169_569387168_8666537_302496671_n.jpg

WINSTON CHURCHILL: WALKING WITH DESTINY

Composed and Conducted by LEE HOLDRIDGE

INTRADA Signature Edition ISE 1047

For the 2010 documentary Wintson Churchill: Walking with Destiny, composer Lee Holdridge faced the unique challenge of musically embodying the drive, determination, character and strategies of one of the world's most important political figures. The score goes beyond mere underscore -- it is a dramatic composition capturing the potency and sweep of a world at war and the singular heroism of one of history’s central protagonists. Performed by the Slovak National Symphony Orchestra, the score indeed is a grand, dramatic opus. This release features the third Holdridge work for director Rick Trank released by Intrada. The previous releases include I Have Never Forgotten You and In Search of Peace.

Narrated by Academy Award winning actor Sir Ben Kingsley, Walking With Destiny focuses on Winston Churchill’s years in the political wilderness, his early opposition to Adolf Hitler and Nazism, his support for Jews under threat by the Nazi regime and his return to government as Prime Minister in May 1940 by demand of the British people. Winston Churchill: Walking With Destiny examines why Winston Churchill’s legacy continues to be relevant in the 21st century and explores why his leadership remains an inspiration to current political leaders and diplomats.

INTRADA Signature Editions ISE 1047

Retail Price: $19.99

NOW SHIPPING

For track listing and sound samples, please visit

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7431/.f

WINSTON CHURCHILL: WALKING WITH DESTINY

Label: Intrada Signature Edition ISE1047

Date: 2010

Tracks: 19

Time = 77:57

World premiere release of original soundtrack from Richard Trank documentary feature on famous British Prime Minister, focusing on defense efforts against Nazi Germany during war years and narrated by Sir Ben Kingsley. As with previous productions from Moriah Films, composer Lee Holdridge creates magnificent symphonic tapestry of times, emphasizing turbulence of WWII, struggle of Jewish peoples to survive overwhelming odds. Composer writes rich main themes to underscore people, events, then adds intense material for war itself. Massive 77-minute score presented complete from two-track digital stereo masters crisply recorded by Peter Fuchs in Bratislava. Lee Holdridge conducts Slovak National Symphony Orchestra. Intrada Signature Edition available while quantities and interest remain!

01. Funeral And War (Main Title) 5:00

02. Chartwell 1:25

03. Meeting Hitler 3:34

04. Blood, Sweat, Tears 5:20

05. Worse News 3:09

06. Demand Our Fleet 3:54

07. Dunkirk 3:55

08. Homecoming 2:45

09. FDR Speech 6:55

10. Paris Falls 1:59

11. Air Battle 3:37

12. Spitfire Superiority 5:02

13. Owed To So Few 1:12

14. Underground 7:09

15. Entertainment 1:42

16. Flow Of Arms 2:09

17. Ben Gurion 2:50

18. Pearl Harbor 3:11

19. Winston Main Theme - End Credits 2:40

Price: $19.99

We should be getting the first clue for their February 7th batch in about 1-3 hours or so

I wonder if Star Trek 6 will be one of the titles?

It doesn't work that way, Trent. Things get released when they are finished mastering, the notes are written, the artwork is approved, and the pressing plant has, you know, pressed the discs. It's not like Intrada has all of February and March's releases sitting in their warehouse and they are just releasing them 2 at a time because they feel like it.

As soon as its ready, it will come out the next available Tuesday. That's how it works. Eidelman leaking the info doesn't affect it at all.

He might be trying to clean up the PR mess created by us spreading unpublished information from Cliff Eidelman ;)

I'm sure Roger and the Studios are, erm, "not pleased" that Cliff Eidelman let slip the information.

Frankly I wouldn't blame them.

My "wishful thinking" would be that he had a bunch of subtle clues for Star Trek VI, then ran into an issue that they would not be worth a damn, as the information was already "out there", thwarting his publicity scheme, so now he's kind of wondering what, if anything, he could say/do.

But, of course, it's mere wishful thinking. Likely this next release is something completely different, and he's dealing with something hitting the fan today.

I don't think there is anything wrong with talking about something he's excited about. It's HIS music, his art. If he wants to promote it ahead of its announcement then why shouldn't he?

I agree. Eidelman is entitled to promote it if he wants. If Intrada didn't want him to, they should have discussed it with him ahead of time. Maybe they did, and he went ahead anyway. Who knows.

I don't think there is anything wrong with talking about something he's excited about. It's HIS music, his art. If he wants to promote it ahead of its announcement then why shouldn't he?

I'm perfectly fine with it. But he blew the lid off of a project that was in the works, and it means some people's publicity control plans might get a little altered. :)

If one of next week's titles is to be Star Trek VI, then releasing a clue today would be redundant. Better to make people sweat it out wondering if it will be, than to have it confirmed one way or the other. Because, let's face it, there isn't a snippet of music or bit of clever quotation they can provide that will be the slightest bit misleading, because the film and score have become that iconic.

There were no clues for Back To The Future when they released it. I agree that any clues now if Star Trek VI is one of next week's titles that clues would be redundant.

Also regarding composers announcing releases before the actual labels... well David Arnold did the same thing with Independence Day. MV wasn't quite "happy" about it but he did say he'd rather have the composer leak the information than some random people like us. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the people at FSM and Intrada felt the same way as MV does regarding leaked information.

I could probably name about ten things composers leaked were coming before they did. So far, the world hasn't ended, and no label or studio was hurt in the making.

Indeed if anything I think that information helped sales.

First clue!

Both Special Collection titles. One large scale animated score from the 90s. The other our third release by a composer who is severely underrepresented. This one stems from the early 80s.

Source: http://intrada.net/p...php?f=12&t=4621

Hmmmmmm non-Disney animated movies from the 90's........... Anastasia?

For the early 80s release.... another Kamen?