The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

Roger has revealed that the animated Disney movie whose score is being released on Tuesday as the next entry in the Disney/Intrada co-branded line is not from the 70s

http://www.intrada.n...?p=57144#p57144

We should get his official post with clues for both (or all 3?) titles tomorrow

Roger says this about the batch being released on Monday evening:

One release -- an Intrada/Disney release featuring a 1980s long sought after animated feature.

Source: http://www.intrada.n...php?f=12&t=4753

Sounds like The Black Cauldron to me!

The only reason I didnt like it, was because of the Ondes, perhaps this version will have it toned down some (though not entirely removed, that would be stupid, like removing the Blaster Beam from Star Trek TMP.)

I've never heard The Black Cauldron before, but that's been a conscious decision lately because I've been expecting it to come from Intrada's new series with Disney. I'm sure I won't be disappointed in it, I love Bernstein and I can see him really excelling in its subject matter.

Doug's Corner:

turn your attention to our newest release - going on sale this Tuesday, April 3. I can say with all honesty it's one of our best ever. We were all hoping a soundtrack would come out nearly 30 years ago when the movie opened. It didn't happen. We just got a mere taste test. Now savor the entire enchilada! What a sensational score, too. Color, excitement, adventure, power... it's all here! And it can be yours in a few days. Artwork and sound samples go up Monday evening, orders begin shipping on Tuesday. I love this one. I hope you will, too.

Source: http://www.intrada.n....php?f=2&t=4756

Very cool! And the whole score, too! I wasn't expecting that. It gives one hope for potential Disney Animated Classics releases in the future!

Listening to the samples... I'd forgotten how Ghostbusters-y it is. And holy crap, that End Titles clip is great. I might have to wait for the next limited edition to pair it with, but this will be mine.

Is Black Cauldron worth it? I remember seeing part of the film during Christmas time and I was not hugely impressed with the score. Does the score contain fantasy and adventure music for the ages?

Does it contain ondes martenot? I hate that instrument. Watered down theremin is just not my thing. Nor is theremin most of the time. :P

Does it contain ondes martenot? I hate that instrument. Watered down theremin is just not my thing. Nor is theremin most of the time. :P

Don't order it, then. ;)

Interesting! Intrada is still planning on having a batch on April 17th - two weeks after the previous batch (April 3rd's The Black Cauldron) - and I'd expect the first clue for that batch to arrive this Thursday, as has been Roger's MO for a while now.

However, he's already released advance the first clues for the batch two weeks AFTER the April 17th batch - the May 1st batch:

No, not skipping next week's release, but giving you all a heads up since we're announcing the May 1 titles later this week. Since they are not catalog releases, we handle a bit differently. One is for an upcoming feature film and the other is for a current, hit TV series. More details to follow later this week.

Source: http://www.intrada.n...php?f=12&t=4771

For the film, it HAS to be Alan Silvestri's score for The Avengers, which is having a digital-only release on May 1st as well (no physical CD has been announced to date)

Every other major film coming out in May already either has a soundtrack planned or I can't see Intrada releasing it:

Thomas Newman - The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (Fox - Sony Classical)

Danny Elfman - Dark Shadows (Warner Brothers - WaterTower Music)

Erran Baron Cohen - The Dictator (Paramount)

Steve Jablonsky - Battleship (Universal - Varese)

Mark Mothersbaugh - What to Expect When You're Expecting (Lionsgate)

Danny Elfman - Men In Black III (Columbia - Sony Classical)

Alexandre Desplat - Moonrise Kingdom (Focus)

For the current hit TV series, it could be Mark Isham's score to Once Upon A Time, which is not only an ABC/Disney production, but they've been releasing score tracks from it digitally via iTunes, etc throughout the current (first) season. The only problem is though, I'm not entirely sure how much of a "hit" it is.

Another possibility I thought of was Hawaii Five-O, which is scored by Brian Tyler and already in its second season, so it could be a season 1 release.

Any other ideas?

Once Upon a Time doesn't finish until the end of April, in which case the music certainly won't have been written for the finale.

Unless the buzz I hear from Isham's FB about something special regarding the music means it will be a 'vol 1' set... maybe.

I'd say Once Upon A Time is the most likely, but I really hope for a jam-packed score CD for NBC's Community. The show has some fantastic music, much of it parodying film music genres.

I wonder if the "hit TV show" is 30 Rock? It got an iTunes only release, but more music has been written since then.

"30 Rock" has steady ratings, a rich syndication deal and a devoted fanbase, but a major hit TV series it is not.

Looks like a litter over 6 hours from now we'll know the titles

4/10/12

Exciting news to share with you!

Tomorrow, at about 11:00 a.m., come visit us here and see artwork and track listings for two new CDs we're "pre-announcing". Normally we hold our press announcements until a day prior to shipping orders but these two releases combine to create an Intrada milestone. I hope you'll find them as exciting as we do. Enjoy fantastic soundtracks to both a major summer movie event and a genuine hit TV series sharing space on our double bill.

It's new territory for us. Thank you all for supporting us and making it all possible!

Source: http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4777

Nailed em both

INTRADA Announces:

546448_10150668957977169_569387168_9182703_964504382_n.jpg

THE AVENGERS

Composed and Conducted by ALAN SILVESTRI

INTRADA/HOLLYWOOD RECORDS D001759402

To say that Alan elevated this film would be to undersell his achievement. He understood it, he subverted it, he influenced it, he smoothed some of its rougher passages and bettered its best... He gave the team its identity. --Joss Whedon, Director

For the 2012 Marvel Studios release The Avengers, composer Alan Silvestri returns to duty following his Captain America (2011) score. Building on his style established for the earlier film, Silvestri broadens beyond just one super hero to an entire team. This large-scale special-effects extravaganza called for music that is equally large and dynamic, armed with themes, action and thrills. It features 80 musicians and in the words of Joss Whedon, "Alan has provided a score that is so specific, so narrative-based, but still has the undeniable power and fluidity of those more diffuse accompaniments. You can hear the themes, the moments...and just bathe in the greatness." While Silvestri's theme for Captain America returns, he also introduces a host of others, including one of the score's highlights -- the theme for Black Widow -- introduced as a lonely, plucked, theme with an eastern European flavor to define this character.

For this release, Alan Silvestri and David Bifano produced an album featuring 75 minutes of score on this exclusive CD release from Hollywood Records and Intrada.

When an unexpected enemy emerges that threatens global safety and security, Nick Fury, Director of S.H.I.E.L.D., assembles a team consisting of Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Black Widow to pull the world back from the brink of disaster. The film opens May 4th and stars Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, and Tom Hilddleston. The Avengers is based on a the ever-popular Marvel comic book series with the same name, published in 1963 and has been a comics institution every since.

Track List:

1. Arrival

2. Doors Open from Both Sides

3. Tunnel Chase

4. Interrogation

5. Stark Goes Green

6. Helicarrier

7. Subjugation

8. Don’t Take My Stuff

9. Red Ledger

10. Assault

11. They Called It

12. Performance Issues

13. Seeing, Not Believing

14. Assemble

15. I Got a ride

16. A Little Help

17. One Way Trip

18. A Promise

19. The Avengers

INTRADA/HOLLYWOOD RECORDS D001759402

Retail Price: $19.99

AVAILABLE May 1, 2012

For more details, please visit

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7566/.f

AVENGERS, THE (SCORE)

Label: Hollywood / Intrada D001759402

Date: 2012

Tracks: 19

Time = 76:17

For the 2012 Marvel Studios release The Avengers, composer Alan Silvestri returns to duty following his Captain America (2011) score. Building on his style established for the earlier film, Silvestri broadens beyond just one super hero to an entire team. This large-scale special-effects extravaganza called for music that is equally large and dynamic, armed with themes, action and thrills. It features 80 musicians and in the words of Joss Whedon, "Alan has provided a score that is so specific, so narrative-based, but still has the undeniable power and fluidity of those more diffuse accompaniments. You can hear the themes, the moments...and just bathe in the greatness." While Silvestri's theme for Captain America returns, he also introduces a host of others, including one of the score's highlights -- the theme for Black Widow -- introduced as a lonely, plucked, theme with an eastern European flavor to define this character. For this release, Alan Silvestri and David Bifano produced an album featuring 75 minutes of score on this exclusive CD release from Hollywood Records and Intrada.

01. Arrival 2:59

02. Doors Open from Both Sides 3:29

03. Tunnel Chase 4:47

04. Interrogation 2:38

05. Stark Goes Green 4:46

06. Helicarrier 2:09

07. Subjugation 3:40

08. Don’t Ta ke My Stuff 5:06

09. Red Ledger 5:10

10. Assault 4:25

11. They Called It 2:41

12. Performance Issues 4:56

13. Seeing, Not Believing 4:25

14. Assemble 5:21

15. I Got a ride 4:00

16. A Little Help 3:49

17. One Way Trip 5:50

18. A Promise 3:34

19. The Avengers 2:03

Alan Silvestri

Due 05/01/12 (Out of Stock)

Price: $19.99

INTRADA Announces:

578849_10150668956552169_569387168_9182696_1497989741_n.jpg521779_10150668956767169_569387168_9182697_1118814545_n.jpg560372_10150668957297169_569387168_9182698_1043363509_n.jpg545072_10150668957427169_569387168_9182700_1392285338_n.jpg529205_10150668957607169_569387168_9182702_673767170_n.jpg

ONCE UPON A TIME

Composed and Conducted by MARK ISHAM

INTRADA MAF 7120

Intrada is proud to announce the release of Mark Isham's score to the hit ABC TV series Once Upon a Time that premiered last fall. Isham needed to come up with a score that spanned the entire spectrum of emotions -- not only breathing life into quieter moments, but also being romantic, sweeping, and epic. The result was a score for the series that is both beautiful and heartfelt and has become integral to the fabric of the show.

For this release representing music from various episodes, Mark Isham has compiled over an hour of music carefully produced to provide listeners with a musical journey that captures the essence of the show. This release also features five different collectible covers, but the contents of all discs remain the same.

The show focuses on Emma Swan, whose life has been anything but a fairytale. A 28-year-old bail bondsperson, she’s been taking care of herself since she was abandoned as a baby. But when Henry —the son she gave up 10 years ago—finds her, everything changes. Henry is desperate for his mom’s help and thinks that Emma is actually the long, lost daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming. Even stranger, Henry believes that Storybrooke, the sleepy New England town he calls home, is really part of a curse cast by the Evil Queen, freezing fairytale characters in the modern world with no memory of their former selves. Of course the seen-it-all Emma doesn’t believe a word, but when she gets to Storybrooke, she can’t help sensing that everything’s not quite what it seems...

Track List:

1. Once Upon A Time Orchestral Suite 4:13

2. Henry’s Proposal 1:17

3. The Queen’s Curse 2:46

4. Jiminy Cricket 3:11

5. Dealing With Rumplestiltskin 3:26

6. Belle’s Story 2:37

7. Dwarves 2:45

8. The Huntsman 4:31

9. Things Are Changing In Storybrooke 1:47

10. Cinderella 1:44

11. Wedding Dance 1:21

12. Advising Ashley 2:26

13. If The Shoe Fits 1:35

14. Unhappy Endings 3:46

15. Emma And Henry 1:43

16. The Siren 5:07

17. The Man With The Wooden Box 1:11

18. Hope Will Return 1:48

19. Rumplestiltskin In Love 2:19

20. The Genie’s Wishes 1:58

21. The Road To True Love 2:50

22. The Family Compass 2:00

23. Burn The Witch 2:34

24. What The Queen Loves Most 2:30

25. The Clock Moves 1:12

INTRADA MAF 7120

Retail Price: $17.99

AVAILABLE May 1, 2012

For additional details, please visit

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7567/.f

ONCE UPON A TIME

Label: Intrada MAF 7120

Date: 2011

Tracks: 25

Time = 62:54

Intrada is proud to announce the release of Mark Isham's score to the hit ABC TV series Once Upon a Time that premiered last fall. Isham needed to come up with a score that spanned the entire spectrum of emotions -- not only breathing life into quieter moments, but also being romantic, sweeping, and epic. The result was a score for the series that is both beautiful and heartfelt and has become integral to the fabric of the show. For this release representing music from various episodes, Mark Isham has compiled over an hour of music carefully produced to provide listeners with a musical journey that captures the essence of the show. This release also features five different collectible covers, but the contents of all discs remain the same. The show focuses on Emma Swan, whose life has been anything but a fairytale. A 28-year-old bail bondsperson, she’s been taking care of herself since she was abandoned as a baby. But when Henry —the son she gave up 10 years ago—finds her, everything changes. Henry is desperate for his mom’s help and thinks that Emma is actually the long, lost daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming. Even stranger, Henry believes that Storybrooke, the sleepy New England town he calls home, is really part of a curse cast by the Evil Queen, freezing fairytale characters in the modern world with no memory of their former selves. Of course the seen-it-all Emma doesn’t believe a word, but when she gets to Storybrooke, she can’t help sensing that everything’s not quite what it seems...

01. Once Upon A Time Orchestral Suite 4:13

02. Henry’s Proposal 1:17

03. The Queen’s Curse 2:46

04. Jiminy Cricket 3:11

05. Dealing With Rumplestiltskin 3:26

06. Belle’s Story 2:37

07. Dwarves 2:45

08. The Huntsman 4:31

09. Things Are Changing In Storybrooke 1:47

10. Cinderella 1:44

11. Wedding Dance 1:21

12. Advising Ashley 2:26

13. If The Shoe Fits 1:35

14. Unhappy Endings 3:46

15. Emma And Henry 1:43

16. The Siren 5:07

17. The Man With The Wooden Box 1:11

18. Hope Will Return 1:48

19. Rumplestiltskin In Love 2:19

20. The Genie’s Wishes 1:58

21. The Road To True Love 2:50

22. The Family Compass 2:00

23. Burn The Witch 2:34

24. What The Queen Loves Most 2:30

25. The Clock Moves 1:12

Mark Isham

Due 05/01/12 (Out of Stock)

Price: $17.99

First clue for April 17th batch:

One Special Collection release next week featuring a premiere release of an early 90s thriller. Oddly this is the first full album we've done by this composer

Source: http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4783

That's my guess too.

Thomas Newman had a score on Amazing Stories Volume 2, but Intrada has not a released a full CD of his.

So, the score could be 1991's Deceived.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Doug's Corner

4/30/12

We announced them earlier so the surprise is gone, but tomorrow's two new releases are stacked in our warehouse and ready for shipment. Jeff tells me the pre-orders are quite heavy, so he'll be swamped... which I remind him is a good thing. I thank all of you who have been so supportive of both CDs. We've issued several Silvestri scores, including some of his most popular ones, but this is our first CD featuring Isham's work. And he's a trumpet player, too. That makes him extra cool to me, though he can actually play the horn - I just putsky with it. Anyway, both new releases have great music for you to enjoy. And in two weeks, we'll have more new stuff for you to choose from. That's a good thing, too.

Source: http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4815

____

Woah, big update! Doug says:

Be patient. Things develop rapidly around here these days. We're building a lot of relationships. Being on an important new Disney feature like The Avengers is a milestone, working with ABC on a new TV series is a milestone, working with the Hollywood label is another... and coming up in about four weeks or something like that is yet another studio branding milestone. I sort of lose track now of what's really a milestone since our pipeline is so busy. As you can see, we're talking with virtually every major studio now... in itself an important development. So my start of the year comments about milestones ahead are already yielding lots of fruit. In a nutshell... we're involved in a lot of stuff now. I hope you'll enjoy some (or all) of it!

--Doug

Source: http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4814

Craig Safan's official website has revealed that Intrada is releasing his rejected score to Wolfen, and even posted the cover art

wolfent.jpg

Source: http://www.craigsafan.com/

There are even samples up:

http://www.craigsafan.com/news.html

I guess it'll be in either the May 15th or May 29th batch.

Surely Delerue's rejected Something Wick This Way Comes must be in the works as well.

LOL! So Craig Safan's official site used a bootleg cover instead of the real thing? That's hilarious!