The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

Doug's Corner:

11/22/13
If you are fan of Henry Mancini, a fan of all-time classic film music, a fan of Oscar-winning film scores, of Oscar-winning "Best Songs", of a great composer's greatest achievement, of important world premieres... well, you get the idea. Breakfast At Tiffany's, the actual soundtrack, not the famed RCA pop re-recording from 1961 but the original soundtrack itself, is finally upon you. For famous works, they don't come any more so. Alongside it, well okay, actually trailing a few steps behind it, are new world premiere CDs by Bruce Broughton and Craig Safan. So I Married An Axe Murderer is the fun and exciting product of Broughton, the ultra-rare Remo Williams TV pilot comes from Safan, and offers an all-new score drawn from ideas heard in the feature film score. This one also offers his powerful score for Mission Of The Shark: The Saga Of The U.S.S. Indianapolis. Look for artwork and sound samples for all three releases this coming Monday, November 25th, and order away. The discs begin shipping on Tuesday the 26th. Something for everybody this time around.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5892

Rocketeer update:

Now if we can just get "The Rocketeer" a complete release we'd be golden!
It's one of my dream projects, too. We're good friends with Disney, we're good friends with Horner... so just cross all those fingers and toes we can convince the gods to allow this one to happen someday.
--Doug

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=66898#p66898

I have this track, because I brought Born on 4th of July OST. Just wondering if the rest score in the movie are the same style as BaT OST.

If the score use this wonderful theme many times, than I will buy it.

The above scene should give you an example of what the score does with the theme. The BotFoJ track is a song arrangement. There's at least another version of the song in the film (with Hepburn and a guitar), but as you can hear, the main title uses the theme in a score setting.

Rocketeer update:

Now if we can just get "The Rocketeer" a complete release we'd be golden!
It's one of my dream projects, too. We're good friends with Disney, we're good friends with Horner... so just cross all those fingers and toes we can convince the gods to allow this one to happen someday.
--Doug

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=66898#p66898

Yay!

Karol

So it's the story of the tale that Quint told in Jaws? Guess it doesn't have a happy ending!

Never even heard of the movie, was it any good?

It's a decent TV movie, although a bit jam-packed with characters and plotlines for a ninety-minute film. Keach does a typically solid job in the lead. Despite the title, there's not a whole lot of focus on sharks -- and nothing approaching the intensity of Quint's JAWS monologue. (It's said that imagination is often more terrifying than reality, and that applies here.) The captain is the central figure, and the film kind of morphs into a courtroom drama at the end.

Karol, look at the dates. The thread you pointed to was created by Roger BEFORE this thread:

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5891

The final batch is currently planned for Dec 17th. Maybe they will release them on Dec 10th if they come in early too, but just because the Dec 3rd titles came in early doesn't mean the Dec 17th titles will.

Roger just posted this on Intrada

Okay we are pulling in the Dec 17th release to Dec 10th, since those releases are coming in early. BUT, since we know you're fatigued from the mass amount of releases that have come out in the past couple of weeks, we're only going to release one exciting release on Monday and hold the other two until January. Just couldn't hold back on this release. Let the guessing games begin!
BlownAway.jpg

I am totally blown away. One of my favourite Silvestri scores! I might couple this with Breakfast at Tiffany's when I order.

Doug's Corner:

12/6/13
Thank you for lots of wonderful feedback on the new website. It helps us tremendously as we tailor things, build new features and ultimately put our best foot forward with it. With our growing relationships with film studios and industry professionals such an important part of what we do, it was time to bring our look closer to their realm. And for our customers it means expanding our abilities to bring you the best in soundtrack music. We are looking forward to a lot of amazing new developments in the coming year!
But first, in closing out this current year, we are all knee deep in a flood of releases. Some cool albums to chase after. Too many? It just could be. With this in mind, we are moving two of our newest December titles over to a January release to give you some respite. That said, we do want to end the year with at least one more title, so we are offering Alan Silvestri's dynamic Blown Away as our last CD of the year. We've been friends with Alan for many years and are excited to bring this important score of his out for the very first time, courtesy MGM. It's a pretty big one so I do recommend it. But I also recommend a lot of the season's releases from all the labels, so you have plenty to choose from. The track listing and sound samples for Blown Away will be up this coming Monday evening, orders begin shipping on Tuesday. See you then!

This is one of those scores where all I've heard is the ~25 min promo (which sounds like it's from a cassette), and simply have faith that at least a good portion of the rest of the score will be good.

Having said that, I only have about 15 minutes of LLL's Eraser release in my playlist. I bought it due the time period, and probably shouldn't have.

• 3 weeks later...

Very cool! Though I do want a release of music from the actual Transformers series more.

Ditto & G.I. Joe but did someone mention that it's Hasbro that is being stubborn regarding any music from these two franchises?

• 3 weeks later...

Yes. Roger says

it was a quick sell out and since the film has such a cult following, we thought it deserved to be in print. But since many already have it, we didn't want it to "count" towards the two releases we try to release every two weeks. Still, even as a third bonus release that no one should feel compelled to purchase...I'm sure people will still find something to complain about.
Generally we strive to release two releases every two weeks

That cover art is just bloody fantastic!

I've never seen the film or heard the score or anything, it just looks really cool

How about the conductor getting the call-out on the front cover of Falling Down? That's pretty unusual