The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

Of course when I see "early 80s score we've only re-issued the original LP of" my first hope is Monsignor but that obviously wouldn't take up 3 CDs!

Just now, Jay said:

Yes, it was always there.

Oops!  Sorry bout that.

Maybe the 90s title is Poledouris' Jungle Book?  Not sure there's anything on the OST that wouldn't be able to be licensed again, though

How much of Silvestri's score for Forrest Gump is unreleased?  I have no idea.  But that one has so many pop songs it would be a licensing nightmare and would probably take up more than 2 CDs?  I dunno.

Exactly, the Forrest Gump score CD was already either completely or nearly complete; There isn't enough score written for that to "Greatly expand" it to 2CDs.

Horner's Apollo 13 is juuuuuuuust long enough it could spill over to a second CD, BUT I don't think that's the title he's talking about.

His use of the word "epic" is throwing me.  When I hear the words "mid-90s epic" two movies jump to mind immediately: Braveheart and The English Patient.  The former was obviously already expanded by LLL.  I know nothing about Gabriel Yared's score for the latter or its OST.  I saw the movie so long ago.

Yea, I'm really stumped by the 90s title!

Almost every "epic film" form the mid 90s (which should be 1993-1996 unless Roger misspoke) has already had a score expansion of some kind, or wouldn't have any tracks on their OST that wouldn't be able ot be licensed again.  hmmm.

Possibly but there's no way that score is long enough to fill two CDs.

I  considered THE ROCK but can't imagine any of those tracks would be unable to be licensed again

The FSM groupthink will figure it out but their forum software is once again down right now

14 minutes ago, Jay said:

There would be absolutely no reason in the world to do that

Except that the official album program has never been released sans dialogue and the mixes are supposedly different throughout. Also, maybe they want Thor to buy a copy? There's microedits here and there and there's nothing wrong with a shorter program, y'know?

Hmmm, OK, maybe they would do it that way.  I mean, I certainly HOPE it's Apollo 13 - I LOVE that score its one of my favorite Horners, I just feel like Roger would have described it differently.  I dunno.

What about The Fifth Element?  1997 is outside the "mid 90s" range, but Roger has messed up in that regard before, and maybe Aknot Wot, the Ruby Rap, or Little Light of Love verisons are not included?

Yea, "epic" is the really confusing part of his clues!

Maybe when he said mid 90s he was mistaken.  Maybe its mid 80s or mid 00s?

~~

LOL - I was right!

Roger says:

Sorry, I made an error and meant to say '00s

That changes everything!

57 minutes ago, Jay said:

Yea, "epic" is the really confusing part of his clues!

Maybe when he said mid 90s he was mistaken.  Maybe its mid 80s or mid 00s?

~~

LOL - I was right!

Roger says:

That changes everything!

Ah!

Never hurts to start with Disney films since it's Intrada.

Could it be the first Narnia?  There were a few crappy pop songs on that OST.  No idea how much score is missing.

Yea that seems to fit

01 The Blitz, 1940 (2:32)
02 Evacuating London (3:38)
03 The Wardrobe (2:54)
04 Lucy Meets Mr. Tumnus (4:10)
05 A Narnia Lullaby (1:12)
06 The White Witch (5:30)
07 From Western Woods to Beaversdam (3:34)
08 Father Christmas (3:20)
09 To Aslan's Camp (3:12)
10 Knighting Peter (3:48)
11 The Stone Table (8:06)
12 The Battle (7:08)
13 Only the Beginning of the Adventure (5:32)
14 Can't Take It In (4:42) Performed by Imogen Heap
15 Wunderkind (5:19) Performed by Alanis Morissette
16 Winter Light (4:13) Performed by Tim Finn
17 Where (1:54) Performed by Lisbeth Scott

Maybe 2 out of the last 4 pop tracks couldn't be licensed.

Another possibility is Horner's TROY score, though I dunno why a "couple" of tracks from the OST can't be licensed.  If he said "one" track, I'd assume it was the Groban song

01 3200 Years Ago (3:36)
02 Troy (5:01)
03 Achilles Leads the Myrmidons (8:30)
04 The Temple of Poseidon (3:28)
05 The Night Before (3:28)
06 The Greek Army and It's Defeat (9:38)
07 Briseis and Achilles (5:19)
08 The Trojans Attack (5:01)
09 Hector's Death (3:27)
10 The Wooden Horse and The Sacking of Troy (10:02)
11 Through the Fires, Achilles... and Immortality (13:27)
12 Remember Me (4:18) Performed by Josh Groban with Tanja Tzarovska

I'm not the biggest fan of Gregson-Williams' Narnia score but there were a few cues I really liked.  I'd be interested to hear any unreleased music.

I will say, though, it seems like a release that should wait til closer to Christmastime.

3 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

The OST was a poor representation of the score. Lots of cool unreleased material in there. Never checked the sessions leak?

I haven't.  Mostly because I was so underwhelmed by the OST.  I'll also say I wasn't the biggest fan of the movie back in 2005, and I was a huge fan of the novels and the BBC series going in.  I'm totally willing to revisit this one.  I still have a lot of affection for the world of Narnia.

Wait: what about Kingdom Of Heaven?

No licensed songs, right?

Wait: what about Kingdom Of Heaven?

Like Troy, I can't imagine any of the score tracks wouldn't be able to be licensed again.

I wonder if the answer is Troy, and Roger just meant to say "one" track can't be licensed again (the Groban song), but accidentally said "a couple", like how he originally messed up the decade.

I'm not that familiar with the Troy score - are all of the tracks 100% composed by Horner, or are some of the tracks in the main program licensed from somewhere else?

One poster on FSM said some of tracks feature vocals that were originally recorded for Yared's rejected score, maybe that's the issue?  The 2CD set only features versions of those cues without vocals, and using a new name?

But seriously, there is NOTHING of Yared's work on the Troy OST.

Heh, I see the one insisting it's Troy is azahid, actually.  A JWFan!

Maybe I'll be eating crow next week, but I really don't think it's Troy.  I'm not completely sold on it being Narnia, either, which I would describe as a "mid-00s fantasy" not a "mid-00s epic"

Are two of the tracks on the Troy OST not used in the film, maybe never intended to be used in the film?  IE, are the tracks "Troy" and "Briseis and Achilles" concert arrangements?  Maybe there is some weird legal situation with them first appearing on the album instead of the film or something.  Or maybe its the Groban song and one of those.

What's not 'epic' about Narnia? I think it fits.

I'm a little iffy about the two non-licensable tracks though - it would most likely be two of the songs, but why would Roger specifically point that out at this stage, if it has nothing to do with the score? A score expansion that doesn't have the (usually unrelated) credits song isn't really something to write home about.