The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

I'm surprised no one has updated this thread considering Monday's releases are around the corner. Here's what Roger said on the board.

Looks like PICK UP ON SOUTH STREET and BLACK STALLION are on the verge of selling out! But fear not, two more releases are coming. Since I did a bait a switch on the soundtrack to the unscored film, here is a teaser:

http://www.intrada.net/namethattune/volume110.m3u

The other title is a Special Collection release limited to 3000. An expansion!

Looks like the 3000 unit is going to be a Jerry Goldsmith score.

I wonder if it will finally be the official release of Sebastian that Lukas Kendall hinted a label, other than FSM, was working on.

Looks like the 3000 unit is going to be a Jerry Goldsmith score.

I wonder if it will finally be the official release of Sebastian that Lukas Kendall hinted a label, other than FSM, was working on.

I read the speculation on that earlier today. It's possible...after all Lukas did warn people not to buy the Harkit CD since like you said he hinted it was being worked on.

Cool on these two titles, particularly the Goldsmith. I'm afraid though I may have to skip out on these. I got something coming up first of the month and I'll be strapped for cash...can't really do much spending.

Eh. I'm trying to save up for several things, including a PS3, and there are a bunch of DVD releases I want to get the next couple of months, so I'm going to have to be blown away to spend any on CDs right now.

So there really was a score to China Syndrome? I never knew that.

My site:

http://www.RejectedFilmScores.150m.com/list.html

(about three titles need to be removed, but all-in-all, the most comprehensive, accurate list you'll find -- and interviews)

For September 29th's release this is what Roger so far has had to say about them.

Two Signature Editions for a change (which as usual means 1000 each). Both from theatrical films in the 80s.

Chances are these are ones I can skip.

Edit: Roger also posted a clip from one of them.

http://www.intrada.net/namethattune/mystery02.m3u

I'll be more interested in Varese's club selections this time around, plus I gotta save some cash for the FSM Rozsa box set.

But the clues probably point to two lesser films, perhaps one is a Chuck Norris film. And the clip is from a horror film I believe, so I have no idea. It sounds like it belongs from any horror film made in the 80's.

And the clip is from a horror film I believe, so I have no idea. It sounds like it belongs from any horror film made in the 80's.

It's Scarecrows by Terry Plumeri. Roger Feigelson has this avatar on the Intrada message board:

Scarecrows.jpg

You can watch a clip from Scarecrows at YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrAWeTz0mj0&feature=player_embedded

I will remain cautiously optimistic for both, although there's only one 80s title I can think of that I'd buy (Ghostbusters 2).

Oh, and I'm back home :) I miss the US already.

If it was going to be something as semi-big as Ghostbusters 2 I would imagine that would be at least 3,000 and not 1,000.

Oh, and I'm back home :) I miss the US already.

I must say, you saw most of the best parts in my opinon. Much better than going to New York or some other city, but I am a proud country hick.

New York City is an essential city to visit in one's lifetime. Although now it's probably not really tourist friendly. I'm glad that I was able to go on top of the World Trade Center towers, the Empire State Building, and the Statue Of Liberty while I could.

New York City is an essential city to visit in one's lifetime. Although now it's probably not really tourist friendly. I'm glad that I was able to go on top of the World Trade Center towers, the Empire State Building, and the Statue Of Liberty while I could.

This I agree with. I too had the rare chance to go on top of the south tower of the World Trade Center towers back in the summer of 1998. It was such a magnificent thing to see New York City from on top of that building.

I hope to go to NYC next year (and Boston/Washington), with Tanglewood being a feature. Not an area I'm as excited about, but I've seen enough of it in movies that I feel I need to see it first hand.

And yes, I feel I did see the best parts last week, and I'd have happily continued for another week if leave had allowed.

I visited New York City in 1987, and I was fortunate enough to find myself "Back In N.Y.C." in 1988. This city is the most vital, most alive, most electrifying city that I have ever visited; you can almost smell the static charge. Just to walk down 5th Avenue, 42nd Street (actually, not that good), and to see the city spread out before you at the top of The Empire State Building, was a privilege, and a feeling that made me recall the song "Hey, Manhattan", by Prefab Sprout. One tip for you, folks; if you go to N.Y.C, then go up The Empire State Building at night. Oh, wow!!! All together, now; "He adored Manhattan...".

I hope to go to NYC next year (and Boston/Washington), with Tanglewood being a feature. Not an area I'm as excited about, but I've seen enough of it in movies that I feel I need to see it first hand.

And yes, I feel I did see the best parts last week, and I'd have happily continued for another week if leave had allowed.

I would definately recommend Boston and DC, but as a government/history buff I'm more than a little biased. Just don't, whatever you do, try to drive yourself around either of them. And go in the summer so you can catch a Red Sox game at Fenway, and try to get the seats behind the Green Monster. Best seats in all of baseball.

And, er...bring any Intrada releases that you might buy with you. I guess that's what this thread is supposed to be about.

A quote from Roger regarding October 13th's releases.

Here's a little more to go on. One is a Special Collection release limited to 1500 units from a composer that has gotten a fair amount of attention from us this year. The second is a 1000 edition Signature from a composer who we've never released anything by before. Just like that last two releases!

Hmm, the 1,500 I agree with some people on Intrada sounds like Horner as they've been giving him quite a bit of attention this year for releases.

The low numbers lead me to believe I will pass, unless the "first time" composer happens to be Hans Zimmer. ;)

We can dream Koray! :P

Just listened to the clip, thinking I wouldn't be impressed much, but surprisingly was! But have no idea what it's from or who it's by! But only 1,000 copies? Man... if the rest of the score sounds like this I may have to get it. Definitely my type.

Wow, less than 50 copies left - giving the clips a listen now but it's not impressing me enough to buy. I guess Horner was best in the 80s.

And...

Horner and his customary engineer Simon Rhodes expertly produce album for Intrada with emphasis on musical coherency

Enough with the damned listening experience!

Almost missed that release... still got House of Cards at Moviemusic.com... The sound clips were promising