The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

Can't wait until they announce The Official Album of Walt Disney World EPCOT CENTER: Special Edition.

I thought we'd get some gems like this from the Disney/Intrada partnership, but that hasn't been the case so far. I'm really glad they're issuing the MP3-only downloads as CDs - have bought three of the four - but the reality is not as exciting as what I imagined in my head when the announcement was made.

A stereo, lossless version of the 1982 Epcot music - entrance loop, ride audio, ambient sound, etc - is probably my grail right now. Not sure the music even exists in this form anymore.

Can't wait 'til they announce Star Trek VI!

+1. This is the one CD I know is coming that is a must have.

+2 and I completely agree with this statement. If everything from the boot is on this set i'll happily delete the boot.

I for one love it if an official complete release (with NOTHING missing) makes a boot obsolete.

Must be a wonderful feeling to not have OCD and hang on to every file that ever comes your way. Must suck to have small hard drives, but still. I never delete anything until it ups and leaves.

+2 and I completely agree with this statement. If everything from the boot is on this set i'll happily delete the boot.

I for one love it if an official complete release (with NOTHING missing) makes a boot obsolete.

Yuuuppp! ;)

Soooo looking forward to Eidelman's Trek VI. The trailer music, the extras.....

I know what I'm going to do when they release it. I'll add IV for good measure.

Karol

I know what I'm going to do when they release it. I'll add IV for good measure.

Karol

I will do exactly the same :)

I've all ready seen quite a few posts from people not only from this board but from FSM as well who didn't quite like the score for Star Trek IV. However, after they bought and listened to the Intrada release they changed their minds and now think the score is good. I love it when that happens. :) Star Trek IV is definitely a fun score.

I like the score, but I don't love it. Same goes for Star Trek VI.

But I'm thrilled to have a definitive edition of STIV, and I'll be just as thrilled when the definitive edition of STVI comes out. Bring on 7-10, and then circle back to 1!

One is a sci-fi 2-CD set that is number 6 in a series that may or may not go by the name STAR TREK VI in the MAF series.

The other is also a 2-CD set of a relatively obscure early 70s score, but features a big orchestral score by a British guy known for big orchestral scores.

Source: http://www.intrada.n...php?f=12&t=4660

Well there you go!

Doug's Corner:

2/25/12

We're getting back from our vacation schedule so routines return starting this Monday. We'll have two new releases to announce that evening and artwork and audio samples will be posted for your perusal. Steve, George, Regina and I managed to keep most of the orders moving while Jeff went on his cruise, and that includes my having been out sick a couple of days, but we left him plenty of stuff to do so he'll feel wanted when he returns. One sour note: someone called saying they wanted to place an order, left neither their name nor an order but just a number. Upon trying to return the call I got a voice prompt stating the automated system I was calling could not receive incoming messages. So much for that I figured. Then, after getting back from being sick, I checked the phone messages and got the same person's voice screaming really ugly profanity for our not returning his call, slamming our service and then hanging up. Go figure!

On a pretty note: the two new releases offer music running a spread from ancient history to times far away. Quite a contrast! Both are also two-CD sets offering complete scores, both scores offer considerable action and both come highly recommended. Of course I'd say that. But hopefully you'll find one or both worthy of support. Stop by Monday eve and see. Orders will begin shipping on Tuesday the 28th.

Source: http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4663

Then, after getting back from being sick, I checked the phone messages and got the same person's voice screaming really ugly profanity for our not returning his call, slamming our service and then hanging up. Go figure!

Should I not have done that?

Then, after getting back from being sick, I checked the phone messages and got the same person's voice screaming really ugly profanity for our not returning his call, slamming our service and then hanging up. Go figure!

Should I not have done that?

You mean you didn't leave the right number?

Humor, it is a difficult concept. It is not logical.

I hate it when people are like that. The fact they didn't leave any information for Intrada to call back just shows how rude and idiotic some people can be. Those type of people need to have their face bashed in for their own good.

INTRADA Presents:

SIR GAWAIN AND THE GREEN KNIGHT

Music Composed and Conducted by RON GOODWIN

INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 196

For the 1973 MGM film Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, British composer Ron Goodwin composed an exciting, mysterious and highly colorful symphonic fantasy. In acknowledgment of the story’s period setting, there is some small-group writing highlighting guitar, mandolin and solo lines for trumpet and oboe. And while not authentically medieval in the historical sense, they do convey a charming “medievalism” which resonates with popular

imagination. The brunt of the score, however, is robustly orchestral, with plenty of forceful dramatic writing for brass and strings. Goodwin furnishes an abundance of thematic ideas to accompany Gawain on his quest. The music here is destined to thrill and enchant, but that's a common experience when listening to the music of Ron Goodwin.

In the preparation of this 2-CD set featuring the complete music for Sir Gawain And The Green Knight, Intrada was given access to the original ¼˝ two-track stereo masters made at Anvil Studios and retained by the composer. Under his own baton, Goodwin recorded over an hour of music at Anvil Studios in February 1973, with Eric Tomlinson as his engineer.

Of all the tales of King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table, the story of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight is surely among the strangest and most vivid. In it, a mysterious figure rides into Camelot: a bearded giant of a man, bearing a grim axe; his clothing and entire person colored a shocking, supernatural green. When he throws down his challenge—to allow any knight a blow at his unguarded neck, if they will allow him to repay in kind—only Gawain is bold enough to accept. To the young knight’s dismay, beheading scarcely slows down the fearsome figure; Gawain is given a year to prepare himself, and charged to seek the green chapel that is the mysterious warrior’s home.

INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 196

Retail Price: $24.99

Available Now

For track listing and sound samples, please visit

http://store.intrada...it.A/id.7474/.f

SIR GAWAIN AND THE GREEN KNIGHT (2CD)

Label: Intrada Special Collection Volume 196

Date: 1973

Tracks: 23

Time = 86:35

World premiere 2-CD release of thrilling Ron Goodwin score for colorful Stephen Weeks film about unusually mystical episode of King Arthur and Knights of Round table legend, with Nigel Green as The Green Knight challenging all to best him and Murray Head as Gawain, rising to the task. Numerous battles across the realm inspire Goodwin to compose colorful adventure score brimming with bold, rhythmic energy, sweeping melody. Film offers many duels with lance, axe and sword, Goodwin responds with extended brass fanfares over thundering rhythms that propel combatants onscreen. Offering contrast is gorgeous minor-mode love theme. Also getting spotlight throughout is imposing four-note motif for low brass that heralds many appearances of Green Knight. Adding yet another layer of musical color is mystical, impressionistic material for strings, harps, vibraphone that highlight fantasy elements of tale. Goodwin actually scored numerous sequences twice for post-production changes in film, sometimes beginning cues in identical manner but then going in vastly different directions. Intrada presents entire score recorded by composer at Anvil Studios in England, mastered from beautiful 1/4" two-track stereo masters vaulted by Goodwin estate, licensed courtesy MGM. 2-CD set includes every original cue as well as each re-scored sequence, delivering a dynamic musical journey through the ages! Handsome package design by Joe Sikoryak, informative notes by John Takis. Ron Goodwin conducts. Intrada Special Collection release available while quantities and interest remain!

01. Titles 4:25

02. March Of The Degenerated Knights 4:20

03. Let The Game Begin 3:46

04. Gawain's Galop 3:57

05. Green Light Flashes 4:09

06. The Chalice 3:58

07. The Black Knight 5:31

08. The Ring 2:16

09. Sweet Mother Of God, What Have I Done 1:44

10. The Crossbow 4:33

11. The Cave 3:46

12. Linet Awakens 3:39

CD 1 Time 46:21

01. Oswald And Seneschal 2:15

02. Staff Fight 4:39

03. Fortinbras 1:20

04. The Battlement 6:49

05. Tower On Fire 4:17

06. Bertilak's Castle 2:18

07. The Altar 1:09

08. This Make Good Seeing 3:21

09. The Battle 8:17

10. Deal Me My Destiny 4:22

11. Live On, Sir Gawain 1:09

CD 2 Time 40:14

Ron Goodwin

Price: $24.99

INTRADA Announces:

422379_10150586615782169_569387168_8891699_348069677_n.jpg

STAR TREK VI: THE UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY

Music Composed and Conducted by CLIFF EIDELMAN

INTRADA Special Collection MAF 7117

From its opening bars, Cliff Eidelman’s music for Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country exhibits marked differences from previous Star Trek scores, known for their emphasis on the romantic voyage of the Enterprise and the heroism of its crew. The focus in this score is on darker music used more sparingly for the films’ antagonists. The Klingon music not only pervades the score—in a sense, it is the score—but characterizes the alien race quite differently than in previous films. In the opening cue—deliberately titled "Overture" as opposed to " Main Title" -- the composer intended the rising-and-falling figure for cellos and double basses that opens the film—inspired by The Firebird—as the theme for another “bird,” the Klingon bird-of-prey. “That was there to help us feel the effects of something we can’t see, and in this film it really had to do with the Klingon ship that was cloaked,” Eidelman recalls. “It had to do with the fact that it’s mysterious, it’s dangerous and we can’t see it, and that theme kind of represented that." Later, Eidelman employs a sepulchral men’s chorus, a color absent from any previous Star Trek music. Ultimately, Eidelman establishes a mood in which chaos and havoc appear poised to triumph while heroism and valor struggle to be heard over the forces of darkness.

For this 2-CD set, disc one presents the complete score plus alternates and two versions of the original trailer. Disc two features Eidelman’s album program of Star Trek VI, cloned from a digital source. Eidelman recorded his score with an 86-piece orchestra at the 20th Century Fox Scoring Stage. For this (belated) 20th anniversary CD, Cliff Eidelman's Star Trek VI score has been newly transferred from a 7-roll set of 32-track digital Mitsubishi tapes containing the live two-track master mixes of the orchestra. The trailer was recorded at Sony Pictures Studios scoring stage on a 2" analog 24-track master.

The cast of Gene Roddenberry's original Star Trek television series— William Shatner (as Captain Kirk), Leonard Nimoy (Mr. Spock), DeForest Kelley (Dr. McCoy), James Doohan (Scotty), Nichelle Nichols (Uhura), George Takei (Sulu) and Walter Koenig (Chekov)—made their final screen appearance together in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (1991). The story opens with a Chernobyl-like catastrophe devastating the Klingon Empire, motivating them to negotiate peace with the United Federation of Planets. Starfleet orders Kirk and his crew to rendezvous with Gorkon, the Klingon chancellor, to start the tense negotiations. Soon it becomes apparent some will do anything to prevent the establishment of a treaty.

INTRADA MAF 7117

Retail Price: $24.99

Available Now

For track listing and sound samples, please visit

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7475/.f

STAR TREK VI: THE UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY (2CD)

Label: Intrada MAF 7117

Date: 1991

Tracks: 39

Time = 112:31

Blast for Star Trek music fans! World premiere 2-CD release of complete soundtrack for sixth feature film in wildly popular Paramount Pictures franchise, directed by Nicholas Meyer, starring William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest Kelley and Oscar-winner Christopher Plummer. Cliff Eidelman scores for first time in series not with customary fanfare-march approach but with incredibly dark, powerful material, mirroring serious tone of film. Ideas often play in cellos, basses, low brass. Eidelman also displays gift for powerhouse percussion writing. In spotlight as well are aggressive, tour-de-force action cues requiring high degree of player technique, especially from horns, trumpets. Arguably the most challenging Trek score to perform! Emphasis on darker sonorities notwithstanding, score does allow for bright, energetic theme where appropriate, especially in dynamite finish with cast "Sign Off" and "End Credits" music. Intrada release, courtesy Universal Music & Paramount Pictures and part of Paramount restoration series of each Trek score, also offers alternates plus both dynamic trailer scores, to date the only original trailer scores recorded for a Star Trek film. Take 10 version with arresting high trumpet triplets is particularly memorable! CD 2 presents original 1991 album with composer's unique musical assembly. Complete score mastered from Mitsubishi digital 2-track stereo session masters recorded at 20th Century Fox, trailers mixed from 2" 24-track analog masters recorded at Sony Pictures. Lukas Kendall produces, supervises entire project with composer, Neil Bulk edits, Mike Matessino mixes, masters, Jeff Bond scribes authoritative notes. Cliff Eidelman conducts.

DISC ONE: THE FILM SCORE

01. Overture 3:02

02. The Incident 1:09

03. Spacedock/Clear All Moorings* 1:59

04. Spock's Wisdom 3:13

05. Guess Who's Coming 0:49

06. Assassination 2:16

07. Surrender for Peace 2:48

08. The Death of Gorkon 2:07

09. The Trial/Morally Unjust Evidence 1:13

10. Sentencing 1:02

11. Rura Penthe/First Sight of Rura Penthe 4:09

12. Alien Fight 1:05

13. First Evidence/The Search 1:33

14. Escape From Rura Penthe 5:35

15. The Mirror 1:17

16. Revealed 2:48

17. Mind Meld 2:06

18. Dining on Ashes 1:01

19. The Battle for Peace/

The Final Chance for Peace/The Final Count 8:15

20. The Undiscovered Country 1:07

21. Sign Off* 3:16

22. Star Trek VI End Credits Suite 6:17

Total Time: 58:07

THE EXTRAS

23. Trailer* (take 10) 2:23

24. Guess Who's Coming (alternate) 0:51

25. Sign Off* (alternate) 3:31

26. Trailer* (take 2) 2:20

Total Time: 9:01

Total Disc Time: 67:14

DISC TWO: THE ORIGINAL 1991 SOUNDTRACK ALBUM

Produced by Cliff Eidelman

01. Overture 2:57

02. An Incident 0:53

03. Clear All Moorings* 1:39

04. Assassination 4:45

05. Surrender for Peace 2:46

06. Death of Gorkon 1:10

07. Rura Penthe 4:22

08. Revealed 2:38

09. Escape From Rura Penthe 5:34

10. Dining on Ashes 1:00

11. The Battle for Peace 8:03

12. Sign Off* 3:13

13. Star Trek VI Suite 6:18

Total Disc Time: 45:17

*Contains “Theme From Star Trek (TV Series)” by

Alexander Courage and Gene Roddenberry

Cliff Eidelman

Price: $24.99

Congrats to Mr. John Takis for the liner notes on Sir Gawain!

Roger's clues for their next batch are right on time!

Next week we return to our normal release schedule with two new releases. One MAF is a Fox reissue, the second is one of three Disney titles that will fill out the rest of March.

Source: http://www.intrada.n...php?f=12&t=4676

Holy hell exciting!!!!!!!

My guess for Fox is a re-issue of Predator

My guess for Disney is........ shit, with no clues I ain't gonna guess. LOT of options there!

And 2 more Disneys coming March 20th!

Another guess I have for the Fox title is James Horner's Cocoon. Not sure if that would be MAF instead of Special Collection, though.

Since the Fox title is MAF, I'm guessing its either REALLY popular and they expect to sell A LOT........... OR it is cheap to license / doesn't have a lot of re-use fees to pay so they don't need to make a contract for a limited number of copies (for example, Manhunter and Rocky IV)

I hope COCOON will be reedited because I sold my Pendulum reissue CD when I needed money, few monthes ago... :crymore:

Why wouldn't it be possible?

Fox is notorious for being the easiest studio to deal with. There are no major Fox-owned titles left that haven't been released.

I would be happy to see predator rereleased, especially for those who missed out. I wonder though, if it would really sell well if it wasn't limited. I think it sold out so quickly just because the Varese had been so difficult to obtain.

If the first Intrada edition had originally been announced as a MAF, it would have eventually sold 3,000 copies but not overnight. SOoooooo many of those copies were surely sold to speculators.

I'm sure a new version would sell another 2000 copies or so, not to mention plummet the resale value of the original Varese and Intrada versions (assuming a new version fixes the mistakes Intrada made on the last one)

I'd love it to be Cocoon, but I doubt it would sell enough to justify the MAF run. Really couldn't care less if it were Predator or some Jerusalem reissue, but hopefully it's something interesting.

EDIT: Err, Goldsmith. Not Jerusalem. Autocorrect is evil.

Predator? Finally some heat title I can pass.

But if it is something else......

Three Disney......The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin!

I thought I can pass Up! because I've got the real FYC promo. But I was wrong. There are something in the commercial release not in the FYC promo......