The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

Roger's clue implied that both original tracks and rerecordings have been available for some time, just never in complete form. The standard Ten Commandments album that I have owned since 1999 is a rerecording for album, recorded after the film's score was attached to the movie. To the best of my knowledge, the original tracks are only available in the movie, and I don't think the BR has an isolated score. This movie doesn't fit the clues.

I believe The Ten Commandments had an LP set released at the time of the film that was taken from the original tracks. And there are two re-recordings: the 1959 one that has the same tracklist as the earlier LP, but with slightly different timings (and supposedly not conducted by Elmer); and a shorter, re-orchestrated 1966 album that was recently re-released on a European label.

To Kill a Mockingbird has had three releases, all re-recordings, all conducted by Bernstein. One from the time of the film's release, the one from Bernstein's series of re-recordings from the 70's ( that FSM released as the boxset), and the 1997 Varese recording.

Mag 7 has had the original tracks released twice on CD (Ryko and Varese), been partially re-recorded for the Return of the Seven sequel album, and been re-recorded by both Bernstein and James Sedares.

North by Northwest has been re-recorded twice, and the original tracks have been released on CD once. The better sounding tracks that have been used for the DVD/Blu Ray Isolated score were only found after the Rhino CD came out.

I agree that NBNW and Mag7 are good candidates; they both have original tracks that have thus far just...not sounded very good on CD.

This post brought to you in part by Soundtrackcollector.com and the FSM board search engine

Doug recently said this on Intrada's board:

As some of you may have noticed, starting with Elmer Bernstein's RAMPAGE, we've released several Warner Bros. projects over the last year or so. In fact, another Warner/Intrada project hits this coming Tuesday, July 24. And for you folks who always want sneak peeks, amongst our Warner projects currently in production are titles mentioned in this very thread. We'll all miss the FSM trailblazing that was done with Warner and Rhino but Warner is still here and Rhino is still here and we're still here and even Lukas is still here... so be patient, follow Intrada and find yourselves rewarded in good time.

--Doug

(bolding mine)

Source: http://www.intrada.n...?p=59376#p59376

The WB titles mentioned in that thread are:

Danny Elfman - Batman (Original Tracks)

Various - Harry Potter 1-8 (Completes)

Obviously LLL took care of Batman, and they have The Bodyguard on the way.

I want the Intrada/WB titles currently in the works to be Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves and Fandango, but I have a feeling its more likely to be the Bernstein and Fielding titles

Yes, Please!

Well Roger gave it away on the Intrada boards by saying this:

A joke, yes. We will laugh in the car.

That's a line from North By Northwest.

Here's Doug's Corner anyway:

8/5/12

The new release for this week offers something most of you have heard before... but never like this. Thanks to the discovery of beautifully preserved, new stereo elements, this release gives you - finally - the definitive presentation of one of the truly classic film scores of all time. Artwork and sound samples will be posted late Monday afternoon, August 6. Everyone in our office has been hoping this project would one day come to be... and now it has.

Source: http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4985

Still surprised they weren't able to MAF it

Well Roger gave it away on the Intrada boards by saying this:

A joke, yes. We will laugh in the car.

That's a line from North By Northwest.

"Games, must we?" no longer applies to these hints, apparently.

Their line for unlimited releases. This new title was announced as being in the Special Colletion line, which is all limited editions. I'm surprised they didn't make NBNW unlimited

Intrada has Amazon fulfilled shipping and almost all of their recent releases that I haven't been able to get yet are available there. Free shipping ftw!

Only Whispers In The Dark and White Fang are unavailable.

Very tempted by this - depends on how big the sound quality improvement is.

Wild Ride particularly on the OST sounds rubbish, and if I remember, the Overture sounds a bit 'crumbly' as well.

A couple interesting Disney download releases not from Intrada: unused songs from from the soon-to-Blu-ray The Aristocats and The Rescuers. I wonder if this means anything in regards to the possibility of Intrada releasing these films' soundtracks.

First clues for the August 21st batch from Roger:

I'm going on vacation shortly so thought I'd shoot off some hints early.

One Special Collection title is from the early 80s and represents the second of only two scores he composed for this studio. Unless I'm forgetting one, which is entirely possible...I think we've closed the book on this guy at this place.

The other Special Collection title...I remember Holly Mitchell asking about. At least I think it was her. Damn memory plays tricks on me. At the time the elements were missing. Not anymore.

Source: http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5008

Well Roger confirmed on the Intrada board that the second title is John Addison's Strange Invaders

Bruce Kimmel being Bruce Kimmel over at FSM.
Strange Invaders - I asked about this title two years ago and was told that Intrada had it. How it can take two years to issue it is anyone's guess - I wish I had that luxury sometimes. There was nothing MIA about the elements.

Somebody seems to have sour grapes.

Wow...Bruce was slagging us over at FSM? I don't recall us taking aim at him' date=' so not sure why he's so belligerent towards us. Strange Invaders elements have been floating around for years, but they were not deemed of acceptable quality so it's taken quite a bit of time to find good clean sources to use, which were archived at BYU. MGM has nothing. So that's my guess why it's taken two years. That and a million other projects in development.[/quote']

I actually have seen Strange Invaders. Cheesy, of course, but not a bad flick at all. Haha, I'll have to watch it again to see if the score was good or not.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35Ze9l0tYgQ

Some of the clips in this movie review feature the score, not bad...

• 2 weeks later...

Roger's Clues:

Two Special Collection releases. One is a 2-CD set to a sci-fi TV series that we lovingly just call Vol. 3. The other is a 1950s western by a composer who previously wrote one of the most famous western scores there is.

Source: http://www.intrada.n...php?f=12&t=5066

Doug's Corner:

9/2/12

Two new titles for Tuesday, September 4. Both are world premiere releases. Artwork and audio samples will post sometime tomorrow eve. One offers you two CDs worth of prime episodic TV music, the other offers you a rousing fifties western score in stereo! Feel free to make them both part of your collections.

Source: http://www.intrada.n....php?f=2&t=5074

More BSG info from Roger:

I'll tell you this, though. There will be one more volume after this and then we'll have released everything we could get our hands on related to BG. It's been a a real chore, which is why things have taken so long. And Vol. 4 master is done, so it shouldn't be that far behind. Then we start on the next TV series we lined up.

Source: http://www.intrada.n...?p=60238#p60238

So what episodes of the original Galactica are left for the final volume? I assume that it will be Living Legend and War of the Gods, yes?

First clues for the September 18th batch from Roger

Two Special Releases -- one from the 70s and while it has a premiere of the complete underscore which is very much a fine work by the composer, the main attraction to some is the premiere release of the LP contents, including many famous songs.

The second release is one I'm very excited about in particular. It's a Special Collection release from the 80s, a "western" (I'm not entirely sure western is the best choice, but its the closest I could think of) score, by a big composer never represented on the Intrada label before (I don't think -- there's been so many releases it's easy to loose track). The composer doesn't have that many big orchestral scores, but when he is in front of a big orchestra, he truly shines. This is one epic, symphonic adventure that I haven't seen anyone actually ask for, which leads me to suspect it might be a bit unknown. You're all in for a treat, though

Side note: the "western" features two actors, one famous, one not as much. The one-sheet features both, and the famous actor's estate cleared usage of this, the not as famous actor's widow was not so interested in giving permission. So as goofy as that artwork is, I am a bit sore about not be able to use it for the cover.

Source: http://intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5094

The 80s title has to be Michel Legrand's Mountain Men.

No idea what 70s film had a score/songs LP that hasn't been on CD yet

9/17/12

Late in in the day today, September 17, you may wish to stop by here and check out our two newest CD releases. Artwork and audio samples will help you decide, orders will start shipping on Tuesday, September 18.

One CD offers the world premiere of an Oscar-winning score (a record in its day featured mostly songs) and the other premieres an absolutely magnificent score emphasizing western action from a legendary composer not known for westerns or action. But he sure knocks this rare foray out of the ball park. Hope you find one or both new releases of interest!

Source: http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5102

All but confirms Mountain Men and Bound For Glory

First clues for October 2nd batch:

Holiday week for me (or should I say holy day week?), so spilling some beans early. First is a straight reissue of a long long long out of print score from the mid to later 80s. LP came out at the time of the film's release, CD came only from Japan with some unwanted embellishments. The composer nailed the presentation so most of the short cues not included don't add much. Larger than life epic gets sweeping, action oriented score. A good and timely one to have back in circulation.

Second score features early 70s western premiere from a composer new to Intrada. Features a western star that is as big as they come.

Both in the Special Collection.

Source: http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5115

John Scott's King Kong Lives is mid-late 80s, It's a Larger Than Life Epic, and the LP was only release on CD in Japan, and it certainly would be "timely" to release it now

http://www.soundtrac...King Kong Lives

That has to be the title!