The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

Some news from Roger regarding October 27th's releases.

There will be one Signature Edition of 1500 units and a Special Collection release featuring three scores at 1200 units.

That's all he has had to say so far about it.

1200 units? Three scores? Gotta be the Back to the Future trilogy!

I doubt it....if it were something that big I would imagine it would be more than 1,200 units.

man they like to be criptic :mellow:

'special collection of three scores'

The common sense tells you they should be 3 cds...

but then 3 scores in one cd is also a collection.

and 3 in 1 is rather special...

Why the hell not? I don't understand the mentality of these studios - someone else does the hard work and they get to make money/publicity for the film.

Could be the original Wallace & Gromit shorts - A GRAND DAY OUT, THE WRONG TROUSERS and A CLOSE SHAVE.

I can't see them releasing something as small and English as W&G, but that's just me and my Americanized view.

Perhaps it could be a few more of the National Geographic scores.

Or it could be, sadly, surviving elements of lost scores or a TV show.

Some additional information from Roger regarding Monday's releases.

Oh, and the Signature Edition is by a composer who really has gotten a lot of attention from us this year. It's a small project for him. So small I think he forgot he even did it. But that's what the Signature Editions are supposed to be all about.

He also said for the Signature Edition that it's a Television movie score. Though it sounds like another Horner release.

He also said that the three score item is from Fox.

Well Broughton didn't get unusually much attention from Intrada this year (less than usual, it'd rather seem to me), and I know he hasn't forgotten about the pending score release of his, so I guess we'll have to wait longer for that.

Tonight's scores are...

"Extreme Close-Up" by James Horner limited to 1,500 copies.

The three Fox header one is "What Price Glory" by Alfred Newman, "Fixed Bayonet" by Lionel Newman, and "The Desert Rats" by Alfred Newman limited to 1,200 copies.

Well Broughton didn't get unusually much attention from Intrada this year (less than usual, it'd rather seem to me), and I know he hasn't forgotten about the pending score release of his, so I guess we'll have to wait longer for that.

Come again?

Roger had this to say about November 10th's releases.

But a week from Tuesday comes two Special Collection releases. One at 1500 units, the other at 2000 units.

It's been confirmed by Roger on Intrada since there was a bit of a mix-up during the experiment and Amazon posted it in their download section, that one of the releases is Gray Lady Down by Jerry Fielding. I'll be passing on these releases.

Seems a waste to only release these albums on CD, when they're so much shorter than 50 minutes but still cost $20. Seems like prime candidates for digital downloads.

At any rate, I have decided to stop buying scores to films I've never heard of -- for now.

Same here. I've gotten pretty much everything I can think of on my "must get" list, everything else is more "would like to have" and my money's just going in other directions right now. But I've always got a bit on standby in case something big comes out, especially this time of year.

When I think of major soundtrack purchases recently, and realize that I've had The Blue Box for a month but only ripped discs 2-8 last night...it seems to suggest there are no real "must buys" unless they're going to be sold out tomorrow.

At any rate, I have decided to stop buying scores to films I've never heard of -- for now.

I agree same here. The most recent thing I bought was FSM's Star Trek II...and how long has that been out now? lol..

Kudos to Intrada, these are two scores that quite a few people have wanted over the years.

Gray Lady Down is a release I've been waiting for.

Last major limited ed. I bought was Airplane. I also decided to shell out for Young's A Child's Game from BSX, but I'm expecting to wait a couple more winters before that gets here.

At the moment, I'm only considering limited editions from any label if I've heard of the film and like the composer. That automatically gets rid of much from the 70s and older since my golden age knowledge is shit.

And I tried listening to the Exodus re-recording, but outside the main theme it just doesn't do it for me. I guess there are major stylistic differences that I'm not tuned to appreciate.

Alright ladies and gents, this is what Roger has to say about November 24ths releases, thus far.

There will be one Signature Edition and one Special Collection release. Both will be 2-CD sets.