The Maestro's Autograph - Through the Mail

Andy

Hey!

My good friend surprised me today with something great!!

One of that presigned Autographed cards by John Williams! (he knows the story of me writing and not getting an autograph back) They may not look special, but it is surely better than nothing.. what do I say, it is fantastic!

He told me that he got it from ebay, and it wasn't that expensive..

.. ahh it is so easy to get a kiss from me.. :lol:

Hey!

One of that presigned Autographed cards by John Williams! (he knows the story of me writing and not getting an autograph back) They may not look special, but it is surely better than nothing.. what do I say, it is fantastic!

:lol:

.. ahh it is so easy to get a kiss from me.. :lol:

JW has lost his chance for it, though.

I've got my autographed CE3K signature edition. had him sign right on the first page of the score, LET THERE BE LIGHT. He was funny, he said "Are you sure you want me to write on this?" This was at one of his Berkshires talks.

I can't believe Williams would deface his own work like that.

Great, I've got the very same thing. Apparently also my only JW autograph I'm ever going to have ...

n1316472478_302396_115.jpg

unfortunatly not, but I could still sign Plante of the Apes with John Williams if you want!

Unfortunately I don't own that one. I was thinking more of Papillon or Russia House. Oh, well, never mind then.

Why am I excited to own an autographed photo of John Williams? :)

Hmmmm.. well.. here goes. I'm excited to own it because I admire his work, and have enjoyed it for the last 32 years (since Star Wars). I also have a collection of Star Wars and other movie memorabilia, so as a collector, having an autographed photo, personalized to me, is a meaningful addition to my collection.

It's not Williams', but another Maestro's. I got it literally this morning. Not through mail, though.

Not bad at all, but he signed two for me: Exorcist II and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. :D

It's not Williams', but another Maestro's. I got it literally this morning. Not through mail, though.

Not bad at all, but he signed two for me: Exorcist II and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. :D

:D

• 2 years later...

I actually got two signed items back today. One is an 'Episode III' CD cover which JW signed for my brother, and the other is an insert for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter that he signed for me:

IMG_0489.jpg

I mailed him via the Dorothy Chandler Pavillion prior to his concert last month (he's a great TTM signer when you send to his concerts). I wasn't expecting to get anything back, otherwise I would've sent him my 'Jurassic Park' or 'Prisoner of Azkaban' CD cover too.

Very happy to get these.

Woah. How long did it take? I have no signed CDs from the maestro and I would love one! Do you just send the CD to next location of his concert? Is it possible to go more in depth on the process? THANKS!

Woah. How long did it take? I have no signed CDs from the maestro and I would love one! Do you just send the CD to next location of his concert? Is it possible to go more in depth on the process? THANKS!

I mailed the items around December 13 or 16th... his concert was January 15th. I looked up the Pavillion's snail mail address and e-mailed the venue to see if they forward mail to the guest performers. They actually gave me the address of a lady who was involved with JW's concert and they said that she would get it and forward it to him. So I mailed it off pretty early, in case she was able to forward it to him during rehearsals or something.

The key thing is... if you're mailing VV to any musicians (whether it be JW or someone else), make sure you call or e-mail the venues if they forward mail before you send anything out. If they do, go ahead and write him a letter and include your CD cover or music sheet you want signed. (Don't send out entire CDs.)

It may take a few weeks or few months to get a response back. If you live outside in the U.S., it doesn't hurt to send it out a few weeks in advance just to be sure it'll get there on time. Especially with the USPS slowing First Class delivery down.