SON OF BATMAN

MUSIC BY FREDERIK WIEDMANN

LIMITED EDITION OF 1500 UNTS

RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

LLLCD 1304

PRODUCED BY FREDERIK WIEDMANN and MV GERHARD

MASTERED BY JAMES NELSON AT DIGITAL OUTLAND

ART DIRECTION BY DAN GOLDWASSER

La-La Land Records and Warner Bros Animation are proud to announce the score release for latest installment in the DC Universe line of animated films SON OF BATMAN. Scored with great vigor by Frederik Wiedmann (GREEN LANTERN TAS, JUSTICE LEAGUE: FLASHPOINT PARADOX) this exciting orchestral score takes the listener on the adventure of a lifetime as Batman and his son Damian (the new Robin) take on the League of Shadows and fight crime in Gotham. Big and heroic, composer Wiedmann taps into the dark brooding side of the dark knight and his new crime fighting companion and adds a fresh musical palette to this fantastic franchise. Notes by composer and film’s animation director highlight the gothic art direction of Dan Goldwasser.

The first 100 or so customers who purchase the cd directly through our website will receive an autographed booklet signed by the composer at no extra charge.

Next up…

THE PEACEMAKER 2 cd set

MUSIC BY HANS ZIMMER

LIMITED EDITION OF 3000 UNTS

RETAIL PRICE: $24.98

LLLCD 1309

REISSUE PRODUCED FOR LA-LA LAND RECORDS BY DAN GOLDWASSER

MASTERED BY DOUG SCHWARTZ AT MULHOLLAND MUSIC

LINER NOTES BY TIM GREIVING

At long last, La-La Land Records, UME and Paramount Pictures (in association with Dreamworks Pictures) present one of Hans Zimmer’s greatest action scores – THE PEACEMAKER. This 1997 crackerjack thriller features one of Mr. Zimmer’s most legendary, jaw-droppingly awesome scores. Jam packed with over 2 ½ hours of music -- including original album edits, an alternate vocal featuring Lisbeth Scott and music exclusively written for the film’s trailer -- this 2 cd set features in depth liner notes by film music writer Tim Greiving and spectacular art direction by Dan Goldwasser. A must have purchase for any fan of high octane, memorable action music.

(PLEASE NOTE: THERE ARE NO SIGNED COPIES AVAILABLE FOR PEACEMAKER)

Both of these fantastic scores go on sale next Tuesday, May 20, 2014 at 12 pm pst

See y’all then!

Seems like The Peacemaker contains everything I need. And more.

Karol

Posted on the LLL Facebook:

LLLCD 1291, LLLCD 1301, LLLCD 1307 and now, our official 300th release -- LLLCD 1300 -- all done and approved for manufacturing!

June is gonna be a pricey month for film score collectors!

Posted on the LLL Facebook:

LLLCD 1291, LLLCD 1301, LLLCD 1307 and now, our official 300th release -- LLLCD 1300 -- all done and approved for manufacturing!

June is gonna be a pricey month for film score collectors!

What month is that? June?

And when are we expecting announcements?

Since we know Lalaland has an upcoming Williams release, I assume the 300th release will be that one!

Announcement should be made more or less a week after next batch is released and week before the first June batch. Which should be around 26-28th of May.

Karol

Yeah, let's get that TOWERING INFERNO release out of the way!

Hear, hear!

I saw release #300 when I was in the LLL offices in October. Amazing it took so long to finally get approved!

I saw release #300 when I was in the LLL offices in October. Amazing it took so long to finally get approved!

What? Do you mean you knew all along? I had no idea!

We should start celebrating about the new Williams release then? :D

Hmmmm.... My guess:

A.I. - Artificial Intelligence

I saw lots of then-upcoming releases when I was there in October. Doesn't mean any of them was a Williams title.

I wouldn't mind seeing an expanded release of The Patriot. There's some great material that hasn't been released yet such as the music from the letter scene.

I'm not as enthusiastic about The Towering Inferno after seeing the film. Much of the score is comprised of Johnny Williams-like light jazz scoring from what I've heard.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody besides me constantly refreshing https://www.facebook.com/lalalandrecords today to see what their June releases could be?

yes, why are you sure they're gonna post it today?

oh, and I'm so tired and sleepy.. I was just about to go to bed..

Now you'll make me stay! :biglaugh:

There has been no consistency, actually

The February flyer went up on Tuesday February 4th at 11:31am EST for Feb 11 and 25 releases

The March flyer went up on Monday March 3rd at 4:26PM EST for March 11 and 25 releases

The April flyer went up on Wednesday April 2nd at 12:16PM EST for April 8 and 22 releases

The May flyer went up on Friday May 2nd at 9:07pm EST for May 6 and 20 releases

So the only thing for sure is that it goes up the week before the first releases of the month, but it could be on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Friday (so far). Heck, maybe this time it will be on Thursday to complete the cycle!

We know the release dates in June are Tuesday June 3rd and Tuesday June 17th, unless something has changed.

Actually, MV *just* replied to a Facebook comment!

Tomorrow all will be revealed. Playing catch up from the holiday

https://www.facebook.com/lalalandrecords/posts/10152523564458755?comment_id=10152523790618755&offset=0&total_comments=2

I can't wait for this announcement :)

Actually, MV *just* replied to a Facebook comment!

Tomorrow all will be revealed. Playing catch up from the holiday

https://www.facebook.com/lalalandrecords/posts/10152523564458755?comment_id=10152523790618755&offset=0&total_comments=2

I can't wait for this announcement :)

So, what time are the announcements usually?

this time of day?

Read 5 posts above yours.

Oh, I see..

So, there isn't a definite time..

about Memorial Day:

Oh.. something was telling me to watch Apocalypse now this weekend by I didn't.. Had I known..

(I like watching movies relative to a holiday, even if it's not a holiday we're celebrating here) :)

Coming June 3, 2014 at 12 pm pst from La-La Land Records:

ALTERED STATES

MUSIC BY JOHN CORIGLIANO

LLLCD 1301

LIMITED EDITION OF 2500 UNITS

RETAIL PRICE: $15.98

REISSUE PRODUCED BY DIDIER C. DEUTSCH

MASTERED BY MARK WILDER at BATTERY STUDIOS, NEW YORK, NY

LINER NOTES BY JEFF BOND

La-La Land Records and Sony Music are proud to present a newly remastered soundtrack to one of the most unique scores of the 1980’s – ALTERED STATES, a film starring William Hurt and Blair Brown…directed by Ken Russell. This ground breaking score has been completely remastered by Mark Wilder at Battery Studios in New York. Composer John Corigliano supervised the production to ensure that his landmark score sounds better than ever! Brand new liner notes by Jeff Bond feature interviews with editor Stuart Baird and composer John Corigliano as they take you behind the scenes of one of the most influential film scores of the 1980’s. Crisp, detailed, and vibrant not only describe this newly remastered cd, but also art director Dan Goldwasser’s impeccable art direction. A must have for any true film score fanatic! As per Mr. Corigliano's request this cd features the exact program of the LP and does not contain any additional music.

The first 150 people who purchase the cd will receive an autographed copy of the soundtrack signed by Mr. John Corigliano himself! As always, quantities are limited and you are NOT guaranteed a signed copy.

Next up:

D.A.R.Y.L.

MUSIC BY MARVIN HAMLISCH

LLLCD 1307

LIMITED EDITION OF 1500 UNITS

ALBUM PRODUCED BY DAN GOLDWASSER

MASTERED BY JAMES NELSON at DIGITAL OUTLAND -- TACOMA, WA

LINER NOTES BY JEFF BOND

La-La Land Records and Paramount Pictures present the WORLD PREMIERE release of yet another 80’s classic – D.A.R.Y.L. This magnificent score was composed by another legend in the music industry – the late, great Marvin Hamlisch. If you grew up in the 80’s, this light hearted children’s sci-fi film was almost mandatory viewing on cable since it was probably shown at least twice a day on HBO for the entire decade! This La-La Land fav features a memorable and beautiful score by one of Hollywood’s most diverse and talented composers. Also on this release is the film’s title song – SOMEWHERE I BELONG, written by Hamlisch/Pitchford and performed by Teddy Pendergrass. Jeff Bond takes the listener deep inside the film’s history and the scores’ creation as Dan Goldwasser’s sure hand at art direction makes the whole thing look good.

Last but not least, La-La Land ventures out of the realm of soundtracks and into the realm of Bluegrass, Country, Folk, Rockabilly and Smooth Jazz….

ANNIE HARVEY: DREAM MOTEL and PIECES OF ME (2-CD SET)

LLLCD 1702

RETAIL PRICE: $9.98

MASTERED BY JAMES NELSON at DIGITAL OUTLAND – TACOMA, WA

ART DIRECTION BY MRK BANNING

La-La Land Records proudly invites you to enter the beautiful musical world of signer/songwriter/musician Annie Harvey with the release of ANNIE HARVEY: DREAM MOTEL & PIECES OF ME. Having started writing songs in high school, Harvey signed with Triad Artists in 1979 and began touring the bluegrass circuit, opening for Doc Watson, J.D. Crowe, Seldom Scene and many others. She would later perform at McCabe’s Guitar Shop, the Troubadours of Folk Music Festival, and KPFK’s “Folkscene” & KPCC’s “Citybilly” radio shows. The 28 songs on this 2-CD SET were recorded from 1987 through 2010 and showcase Harvey’s wide range -- from bluegrass, country and folk, to rockabilly and smooth jazz. Featured musicians include Brantley Kearns (from Dwight Yoakum’s band), Bill Bryson (from the Desert Rose Band) and the late Dick Fegy. The sessions’ producers are Dick Fegy, Don Heffington, Duke McVinnie, John O’Kennedy and David Pearlman and the music has been mastered by James Nelson. The attractive digipak packaging, designed by Mark Banning, features exclusive liner notes.

See y’all next Tuesday, June 3, 2014 at 12 pm pst!

https://www.facebook.com/lalalandrecords/posts/10152525572753755

This ain't no "June Gloom"

:)

Behold -- La-La Land's June 2014 releases (including our intended 300th release) -- John Williams' masterpiece EMPIRE OF THE SUN, expanded, remastered and produced by Mike Matessino!

10397244_10152525579163755_8524562569994

https://www.facebook.com/lalalandrecords/photos/a.181243738754.155532.56031953754/10152525579163755/?type=1&theater

D.A.R.Y.L. - One of the longest wanted Holy Grails I've had. I'm definitely happy to get this.

The Addams Family - One awesomely fun, sickly sweet and twisted score. Great to have it expanded.

Empire of the Sun - Goodness, this is an all-time classic score. Up there with Hook and 1941.

I like June. :)

What a brilliant line up for June! Altered States, EotS and Addams Family! My poor wallet! Yet I am smiling! :)

D.A.R.Y.L. - One of the longest wanted Holy Grails I've had. I'm definitely happy to get this.

The Addams Family - One awesomely fun, sickly sweet and twisted score. Great to have it expanded.

Empire of the Sun - Goodness, this is an all-time classic score. Up there with Hook and 1941.

I like June. :)

Totally agree.

Why is it June 24th for Empire of the Sun and The Addams Family, instead of June 17th? I thought it was a 2 week gap between each wave of releases.

Does this mean that the July releases will be pushed back to the 8th and 22nd respectively?

WEA and UME titles tend to take longer to manufacture. We want to make sure those titles are in stock or close to being in stock before we ask you to fork over your hard earned Mula.

After June 24 we will be back on the schedule we set at the beginning of the year. JULY 15 will be the next release date. We are skipping July 1 due to the Holiday on July 4th

MV

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=103636&forumID=1&archive=0

Quick update:
The Hans Zimmer sale ends this Monday, June 2, 2014 at midnight:
Days of Thunder - $14.98
Broken Arrow - $9.98
Now is a great time to take advantage of these low prices!

https://www.facebook.com/lalalandrecords/posts/10152535919963755

LOW STOCK ALERT: Less than 100 units remain of HOOK, less than 250 units remain of ESCAPE FROM L.A., less than 300 units are left of THE BLUE MAX and less than 200 units of DRAGONSLAYER remain. Once they are gone, our Limited Edition runs of these titles will be completely sold out!

10443452_10152541233518755_2381062707139

ALTERED STATES: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1301

Music by John Corigliano

Limited Edition of 2500 Units

STARTS SHIPPING JUNE 3

RETAIL PRICE: $15.98

ORDER “ALTERED STATES: LIMITED EDITION” on 6/3 starting at 12pm (PST) at www.lalalandrecords.com and get yours autographed by composer John Corigliano at no additional charge. Autographs are available while supplies last and are NOT guaranteed.

La-La Land Records and Sony Music proudly present the remastered re-issue of John Corigliano’s (REVOLUTION, THE RED VIOLIN) original score to the acclaimed 1980 Warner Bros. feature film ALTERED STATES, directed by Ken Russell and starring William Hurt, Blair Brown and Bob Balaban. Renowned for his concert compositions, this was Mr. Corigliano’s debut film score – a strikingly original and thrilling work, both spellbindingly haunting and emotionally powerful, that would receive an Oscar nomination. Personally supervised by Corigliano, this special release of his ground-breaking score was remastered by Mark Wilder and produced by Didier C. Deutsch. In depth, exclusive liner notes from writer Jeff Bond include new comments from the composer as they take you behind one of the most notable films and scores of the 80’s, while Dan Goldwasser’s atmospheric art design takes you deeper into the beyond. A must-have for any soundtrack enthusiast, ALTERTED STATES has returned sounding better-than-ever!

John Corigliano created the sequence for the original RCA 1980 score album. At his request, we have retained that original sequence for this album.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Main Title and First Hallucination (4:43) (Ritual Sacrifice and Religious Memories)

2. Love Theme (3:39)

3. Second Hallucination (5:15) (Hinchi Mushroom Rite and Love Theme Trio)

4. First Transformation (3:40) (Primordial Regression)

5. Primeval Landscape (2:18) (In The Isolation Chamber)

6. Second Transformation (8:06) (The Ape Man Sequence; Escape from the Laboratory, Stalking the Dogs and the Fight, The Zoo and Final Hunt)

7. Religious Memories and Father’s Death (2:06)

8. The Laboratory Experiment (6:16) (Jessup’s Transformation; Collapse of the Laboratory; The Whirlpool and Journey to Another Dimension; Return to Reality)

9. The Final Transformation (4:16)

TOTAL ALBUM TIME: 40:23

10369178_10152541237533755_7931041085096

D.A.R.Y.L.: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1307

Music by Marvin Hamlisch

Limited Edition of 1500 Units

STARTS SHIPPING JUNE 3

ORDER “D.A.R.Y.L.: LIMITED EDITION” starting on 6/3 at 12pm (PST) at www.lalalandrecords.com

La-La Land Records and Paramount Pictures present the world premiere release of renowned composer Marvin Hamlisch’s (SOPHIE’S CHOICE, ORDINARY PEOPLE, THE SPY WHO LOVED ME) original motion picture score to the 1985 Paramount Pictures family sci-fi drama D.A.R.Y.L, directed by Simon Wincer and starring Mary Beth Hurt, Michael McKean and Barret Oliver. Hamlisch’s robust and thematic score is ripe for discovery – a beautiful and sincere work that is both heartfelt and exciting as it expertly and emotionally ties together all the dramatic and action elements of the film’s clever sci-fi riff on the classic Pinocchio story. Produced by Dan Goldwasser and mastered by James Nelson, this special limited release of 1500 units also features the song written for the film, “Somewhere I Belong,” written by Hamlisch/Pitchford and performed by Teddy Pendergast. Film music writer Jeff Bond provides exclusive, in depth liner notes while Dan Goldwasser ties it all together with sharp art design.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Main Title 2:58

2. They’ve Got a Kid / Second Part of Game 1:46

3. Long, Long Ago** / D.A.R.Y.L.’s Second Hit 1:31

4. Long, Long Ago (reprise)** / Is It Me?* 1:18

5. Baseball Montage / D.A.R.Y.L., Sweetheart! 1:45

6. Turtle’s Homer 1:21

7. D.A.R.Y.L. and Dad 0:48

8. The Departure 1:38

9. TASCOM / I’m Scared 3:07

10. Terminated / What You Feel In Yourself* / What Am I? 1:53

11. Welcome to TASCOM / Never Was Human 2:19

12. Look at Him / Hugs Father 1:21

13. The Army’s Coming / The Destruction of D.A.R.Y.L. / The Escape 3:38

14. The Car Chase Begins 0:55

15. Transition / The Patrol Car 2:09

16. You Are a Person / Two Soldiers 3:00

17. The Big Plane Moves / The Joyride* 2:23

18. Hooker and Turtle to the Rescue 1:05

19. D.A.R.Y.L. Hits the Water / D.A.R.Y.L. Runs Home 2:07

BONUS TRACKS

20. Somewhere I Belong 5:26 Performed by Teddy Pendergrass

21. Six Variations on the Duet “Nel cor più non mi sento” from the opera La Molinara by Paisiello: Variations 1 & 3 1:42 Ludwig van Beethoven

22. Isn’t It Romantic 2:33 Lorenz Hart & Richard Rogers

TOTAL ALBUM TIME: 47:30

* not used in film

** composed by Thomas H. Bayly, arranged by Marvin Hamlisch

10259019_10152541241573755_5755114933275

ANNIE HARVEY: DREAM MOTEL & PIECES OF ME (2-CD SET) LLLCD 1702

Music by Annie Harvey

STARTS SHIPPING JUNE 3

RETAIL PRICE: $9.98

ORDER “ANNIE HARVEY: DREAM MOTEL & PIECES OF ME (2-CD SET)” starting on 6/3 at 12pm (PST) at www.lalalandrecords.com

La-La Land Records proudly invites you to enter the beautiful musical world of singer/songwriter/musician Annie Harvey with the release of ANNIE HARVEY: DREAM MOTEL & PIECES OF ME. Having started writing songs in high school, Harvey signed with Triad Artists in 1979 and began touring the bluegrass circuit, opening for Doc Watson, J.D. Crowe, Seldom Scene and many others. She would later perform at McCabe’s Guitar Shop, the Troubadours of Folk Music Festival, and KPFK’s “Folkscene” & KPCC’s “Citybilly” radio shows. The 28 songs on this 2-CD SET were recorded from 1987 through 2010 and showcase Harvey’s wide range -- from bluegrass, country and folk, to rockabilly and smooth jazz. Featured musicians include Brantley Kearns (from Dwight Yoakum’s band), Bill Bryson (from the Desert Rose Band) and the late Dick Fegy. The sessions’ producers are Dick Fegy, Don Heffington, Duke McVinnie, John O’Kennedy and David Pearlman and the music has been mastered by James Nelson. The attractive digipak packaging, designed by Mark Banning, features exclusive liner notes.

This release is also available for digital download at iTunes and other digital music retailers.

TRACK LISTING:

CD 1

Dream Motel

01 TRUE LOVE (4:17)

02 REACH THE LIGHT (3:27)

03 KISS THE MOON (4:12)

04 LONG WAY FROM HOME (2:19)

05 WHY DON'T YOU (3:09)

06 DANCE WITH YOU (5:07)

07 WEEPIN' WIND (4:43)

08 CASTING MY PEARLS (3:59)

09 DO ME THIS WAY (2:56)

10 WALLFLOWER (3:57)

11 DREAM MOTEL (3:53)

12 LONG GONE BY (3:41)

13 100 YEARS (It Won't Matter Anymore) (3:42)

14 LIGHT IN THE DARK (4:38)

CD 2

Pieces of Me

01 BOTTOM OF THE GLASS (4:05)

02 PIECES OF ME (4:44)

03 YOU BELONG TO ME (3:44)

04 LOUISVILLE (4:33)

05 UNCLE DAN (4:23)

06 THESE TEARS (3:43)

07 SEE HOW YOU ARE (4:58)

08 LIVING ON A HILLSIDE (4:20)

09 THIS HEART (3:31)

10 DOWN TO THE WATER (5:51)

11 THESE ARE THE THINGS I'M GONNA CHANGE (4:03)

12 TELL THE TRUTH (4:20)

13 SOLDIER ON (4:24)

14 YOU ARE LOVED (6:06)

Music and Lyrics by Anne Harvey

Published by Black Dog 440 Music BMI

except: "Kiss The Moon"

Additional lyrics by Don Heffington,

Ceiling Boy Music ASCAP

and "Wallflower" co-written by

Duke McVinnie, Rontay Productions ASCAP

Copyright 2014

http://secure.campaigner.com/Campaigner/Public/t.show?6p65u--3lp52-ag4f6q4&_v=2

Also, Danny G has put up sample pages from the booklets here:

http://warmbutter.com/cds/alteredstates.php

http://warmbutter.com/cds/daryl.php

While Hook's release has flaws it's still worth purchasing. If you love Williams and like both the film AND score, help La-La Land out and buy it!

I would bet good money another release of Ghostbusters and a debut release of Ghostbusters 2 happening this year to coincide with their respective anniversaries

MV

Source

From the link you posted, you click "More" (to the right of the Twitter logo), then "Embed" on the left.

Then you copy and paste the code, and put it into a new message here.  Then, you click More Reply Options, then "Enable HTML?" on the right.  Voila

Judgement Day by (GB Collection) Elmer Bernstein / Ray Parker Jr. on Grooveshark