The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

Do you know of any soundtrack release that would need the approval of the actor?? :blink:

I know the Wyatt Earp release needed Costner's approval.

EDIT: Damn thou, Croc!

Oh, really?

What did he approve?

edit: well, i just checked and he was also the producer. So, that makes sense.

My point is, the actor in the triple approved release is either the director too, or the producer, or both.

If all 3 are the same person then I can only think of Braveheart or Dances with Wolves (is there anything else?)

If all 3 are 2 persons, then i can think of Waterworld, and Robin Hood.

The Towering Inferno!

That horrendous officially released digital version that was literally created from a vinyl copy of the OST was insulting. We need a newly remastered version that is brighter and louder.

Well if it's Harry Potter the cover almost definitely features Daniel Radcliffe and probably the other two?

I'm assuming if they use the theatrical posters there's no issues though.

POTTER would be such a non-event. Everyone has the sessions.

But those sessions are too long. It'd be ideal if the composer could be brought along to create a 40 minute album program for better listening.

That's how I'd run a label.

Potter 1 would create more controversy than it could ever solve, with the almost full sessions in perfect quality. It would be fantastic to have it in proper, mastered sound (i.e. not just me amplifying it), but with Williams involved, there will be something wrong with it.

There's only one cue I knowingly want from Braveheart - a synthy cue near the start with the young Wallace walking somewhere.

Just give us the Jurassics, all done properly!

Mike Matessino knows how to sell his concept and razzle-dazzle Johnny with a great presentation!

The Towering Inferno!

That horrendous officially released digital version that was literally created from a vinyl copy of the OST was insulting. We need a newly remastered version that is brighter and louder.

If The Towering Inferno were to be part of this upcoming batch, it would be just awesome! Keep holding my breath...

No, I don't think it will be. Don't think it needs 2 CD's (assuming, of course, LLL is re-releasing Home Alone on one disc).

But yeah, I would get that.

My kind batch would be Close Encounters, Robin Hood, The Polar Express and something by Alfred Newman (The Greatest Story Ever Told-style).

Willow would be awesome. But not sure if isn't Intrada's territory?

Karol

Just turn the volume up during the softer parts so you can actually hear the music and down during the noisier parts so you don't blow a speaker or go deaf. The dynamic range is amazing!

Just turn the volume up during the softer parts so you can actually hear the music and down during the noisier parts so you don't blow a speaker or go deaf. The dynamic range is amazing!

Really? I'm a dynamic range nut but I can hardly hear anything on those sessions. Even when it's meant to be a loud bit.

You must have downloaded a bum copy. They sound fine.

I got it from the same place everyone else got it from when it leaked. I recall a lot of people saying they had to fix the tracks in their audio editing programs by adding some gain to each track so they wouldn't have to turn their volume up just to hear it properly. But I don't have any program like that.

Just install MP3Gain. 'Classical' tinged recordings, especially by Simon Rhodes, are often mixed that way and it's indeed necessary to make them louder if you have the music coming up in between a Brian Tyler score.

Just install MP3Gain. 'Classical' tinged recordings, especially by Simon Rhodes, are often mixed that way and it's indeed necessary to make them louder if you have the music coming up in between a Brian Tyler score.

Thats the great thing about Tylers scores. All the tracks are equally loud!

Or consider making your own HP1 edit like I did. As for 2, they might be lossy but I don't really mind. The performance is so much more lively than HP1.Anyway, if they would do Potter it would be quite suspicious and illogical for them to only do 3.