The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

Those last four posts on the previous page were glorious to behold.

Seriously, thanks for a good laugh! :lol:

4 hours ago, Richard said:

Thunderbirds > f**k all.

Awww.... I like Thunderbirds. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

BACK FROM THE DEAD “OUT OF PRINT” SALE: 

We’ve done our latest round of inventory and behold… We’ve uncovered some low quantities of some older out-of-print titles! This is ALL of the remaining stock on these following titles, so grab them now before they are gone again for good! Sale prices start on 2/14 at 12 noon (PST) and remain in effect until supplies last.

CONFESSION (8 units remain), SPEECHLESS (23 units remain), and BOOGEYMAN (6 units remain) are only $3 each!

SPEED 2 (60 units remain), MAN WITH X-RAY EYES (90 units remain), TEEN TITANS: TROUBLE IN TOKYO (29 units remain), HAUNTED HONEYMOON (27 units remain), SPELLBINDER (19 units remain), CELLULAR (15 units remain), DAYS OF OUR LIVES (7 units remain), and JUSTICE LEAGUE: THE NEW FRONTIER (22 units remain) are only $5 each!

IQ/SECONDS (only 6 units remain), JAYNE ERYE (only 10 units remain), COPERNICUS STAR (only 2 units remain), THE FLASH ‘90 (only 11 units remain) and HEADHUNTER/HEADHUNTER 2 (only 2 units remain) are only $10 each!

OUR GOING OUT OF PRINT SPECIALS CONTINUE! 

The following titles are going out of print for good on 2/28. Sale prices are good thru 2/28, or while supplies last. Get ‘em before they are gone!
Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

BATMAN: BRAVE AND BOLD, A CERTAIN SMILE, I THE JURY, and WIZARDS (less than 30 units on each of these titles remain) are only $10 each! DC SHOWCASE (less than 50 remain) is only $5 each

We still have some out-of-print copies of MONEY TRAIN (less than 30 remain) and they are only $5 each as well! Price is good thru 2/28, or while supplies last.

Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

A few days ago I was considering to buy a few of their items, but then I discovered about the shipping costs. How can they possibly justify charging $15 for shipping to Europe? I mean, really... I'd be happy to support them, but not with these kind of prices.

The shipping costs have gone through the roof in the last few years and none of the specialty labels can offer cheaper shipping for international orders. Still I usually bite the bullet and buy directly from them to show my support. And you rarely if ever get better deal by ordering from European online retailers who import these releases from US. Unless you happen to be living closer to them that is but e.g. ordering via a German online soundtrack store would be as expensive as if I ordered from US as their base price for these releases is higher than the US price.

3 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

A few days ago I was considering to buy a few of their items, but then I discovered about the shipping costs. How can they possibly justify charging $15 for shipping to Europe? I mean, really... I'd be happy to support them, but not with these kind of prices.

That's not a LLL thing, that's an everyone thing.  International shipping rates increased drastically in recent times.  Here are some threads discussing it

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=94225&forumID=1&archive=0

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=113495&forumID=1&archive=0

Oviously, huge corporations like Amazon or whatever can cut deals to have lower rates, but all the specialty labels have had to increase their shipping rates.

Despite the price, its very worthwhile to buy directly from the labels whenever you can, as that directly gives them income to fund future releases.

17 minutes ago, Jay said:

Despite the price, its very worthwhile to buy directly from the labels whenever you can, as that directly gives them income to fund future releases.

Or just screw that and buy it from a European vendor like Music Box Records to save a little bit on shipping!

1 hour ago, Jay said:

So if you buy from a third party like Music Box, Amazon, Movie Music, or SAE, do they have some kind of bulk deal with the labels where they pay less than we would, which gives the labels less money per unit? 

40 minutes ago, petaQ said:

So if you buy from a third party like Music Box, Amazon, Movie Music, or SAE, do they have some kind of bulk deal with the labels where they pay less than we would, which gives the labels less money per unit? 

Yes - there's the wholesale price and the retail price.

I believe Varese does NOT offer a wholesale price on their limited releases - which is why it usually costs a few bucks more to get a Varese Club release from SAE vs. Varese's own website.

52 minutes ago, petaQ said:

Yes - except for Varese, who doesn't offer bulk discounts to those other stores for their Club / Limited Edition titles.

Just thought it would be easier to give folks a head's up on the titles that going OOP and that are briefly back from the dead:

AS OF 2/20/17:

BATMAN BRAVE AND THE BOLD - 20 COPIES LEFT
A CERTAIN SMILE - 20 COPIES LEFT
DC SHOWCASE - 35 COPIES LEFT
I THE JURY - 16 COPIES LEFT
X-MAN WITH X RAY EYES - 35 COPIES LEFT

THE FLASH - SOLD OUT
JUSTICE LEAGUE NEW FRONTIERS - SOLD OUT
SPEED 2 - SOLD OUT
SPELLBINDER - SOLD OUT
TEEN TITANS TROUBLE IN TOKYO - SOLD OUT
WIZARDS - SOLD OUT

We actually have a Back from the Dead Batch #2 planned for Feb 28

We will keep you posted!

MV

• 2 weeks later...

I still have a backlog of LLL releases I want, and it took me a few months to even scrounge up the cash for Jurassic Park, so I'm happy to get a break from release "needs" for a while.  Daycare and mortgage bills have not been kind.

LLL's output has been a little slow this year, probably by design.  They know what they'll get burned on.  It seems like they're pulling more focus onto guaranteed sellers.  At the expense of some of our oddball holy grails, yes, but it's their business I guess.

So if something isn't super exciting, then it's bad? What if it's just normal exciting? Is that even worse? Because you see, when I was young, I was taught it's very special to be exciting. I would be proud to miss out on super exciting as long as I was still exciting. We don't all have to be super exciting to be worth something.

3 hours ago, La La Land Records said:

You have no idea what you are talking about. Sales have been great. Better than most 1st quarters

Twister - nearly 2000 units so far

Cliffhanger - 1000 units so far

Star Trek Voyager - nearly 1000 units...over 500 on our website alone!

Star trek LP - an amazing response. Looking like it might go fast

Die Hard - our most requested reissue 

The only stinker was Justice League Dark but that was a given. 

Numbers and facts matter. You may think they aren't super exciting but a lot of our customers do.

Michael Kamen's X-Men. Please 😢