The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

• 3 weeks later...

No, it means it is NOT out of print and will be up for sale again when they get more copies in from the pressing plant. There isn't really a way to know how long it will be; Sometimes they are unable to order more right away and titles can be unavailable for months. 

• 4 weeks later...

Here's an update from MV I missed until now

Howdy, y'all!

I thought I would post a little update for you ladies and gents concerning the next month of events going on at the triple L:

First off, Dinos, Bats and Mutants are all back in stock at La La Land!

The John Williams Jurassic Park Collection, Batman The Animated Series Vol 1 and Vol 4 and X2 X-men United are all back in stock and ready to ship! For X2, this is the last 500 or so units so if you want one, now is the time to snatch it up

Next Tuesday, April 11 we will be releasing The Sons of Katie Elder, the original soundtrack as heard in the film. While it is in mono, we think it sounds great. Classic Western fans will not be disappointed. Speaking of classic Westerns, we will be putting on sale a number of our classic Western titles this Tuesday to celebrate the release of this magnificent Elmer score!

April 25 is up in the air. We may have X Files Season 10 up and ready for sale. We just handed in the artwork to Fox for final approval. It's a fantastic 2 cd set featuring music from all 6 episodes of last year's event!

If that is not ready we might have another title to slip on out on April 25 -- WONDER WOMAN, our long in the works 3 disc set of truly "wonderful" music from the 1970's television series. We are just waiting on 2 images to approved and then POW, finally done! 

If WW doesn't make late April, then it should be our first release in May. 

Later in May will finally bring back in stock a few titles that have been OUT OF STOCK for a little while now:

Rosemary's Baby 
The Addams Family
Lethal Weapon Box Set

I know a lot of you have been wondering when these titles would be back and now I can officially say THIS MAY.

We shall keep you all posted.

Have a great weekend!

MV

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=119569&forumID=1&archive=0

It came out the same day as Dances With Wolves, IIRC, and I ended up listening to that one a lot more, likely because I never had the DWW OST since the 90s like I did with Braveheart, and also I had recently seen the movie

The unreleased music is great of course, but doesnt dramatically alter my perception or opinion of the score. Especially since I'd augmented the OST with some of the non-dialogue cues from the More Music From Braveheart CD some 15 years ago.

• 3 weeks later...

I guess there won't be a May flyer then, since Wonder Woman was the only title announced yesterday? Maybe there won't be any new releases on the 23rd.

Correct. No May flyer.

May 9 is Wonder Woman

May 23 might finally see our Lethal Weapon Box Set back in stock. Sorry for the long wait there, kiddies, but when we lost our manufacturer a few years back we lost a BLEEP-ton of paper product, including the mega expensive boxes and booklets for this magnificent set. Instead of spending thousands doing a new title at the end of the month we opted to repress and reprint the Lethal set. It's been out of stock so long it's kinda like a new release! lol

We do have a backlog of titles building up again. I think June will see 3 titles come out, same with July and August. Some new, some classics.

MV

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=67395&forumID=1&archive=0

What about a complete edition of STARGATE by David Arnold? No offense to Varese, but thier expanded edition is shrill and hard on the ears. And it's not complete. Any chance, La La?

Been trying since 2013, but the powers that be at MGM have put it on hold due to the reboot. We even got Dean Devlin to back us up, but no dice. We keep trying. Hopefully something will happen eventually.

Are there plan to release the next Police Academy score? The sequel had a great soundtrack too and we could all use a little more Robert Folk. I remember there being plans to continue the series, but wondered if that was still the case or not.

Plans, yes. Probably 2018

With the passing of Jonathan Demme yesterday it made me think of Howard Shore's very moody (and beautifully strings/woodwinds-heavy) score to Silence of the Lambs... I've had the original soundtrack CD for over 20 years but would like to know if the good folks at LLL ever considered an expanded/remastered version? :)

We looked into it, but like with Seven Mr Shore's label wanted to do it so we stepped aside. That was a few years ago

Hi MV ..Any chance at all of squeezing out another MILLENNIUM release? There's just something about Mr Snow's music for that series that always gave it the edge over the X-Files for me. Eternally grateful for the two brilliant volumes you released.

No plans for more Millennium

Any chance of a re-release of David Arnold's Independence Day?

Nope

X-Men's been mentioned a few times in the past so hopefully some news on that one is forthcoming! smile

Not 2017

• 3 weeks later...

LA-LA LAND RECORDS PRESENTS
NEW RELEASES: Tues, 12 Noon (PST) MAY 23, 2017

LA-LA LAND RECORDS PRESENTS
“BACK TO THE 80’s MEMORIAL DAY BLOWOUT”: Tues, 12pm (PST)
MAY 23, 2017

Sale prices begin at www.lalalandrecords.com
Tues, 12pm (PST) MAY 23, 2017

“BACK TO THE ‘80’s MEMORIAL DAY BLOWOUT!”
Celebrate with us this Memorial Day holiday as we go back in time and offer some totally rad sale prices on a bunch of awesome ‘80’s score titles!

THE MAGIC IS BACK!
Our acclaimed LETHAL WEAPON SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION 8-CD BOX SET finally returns!  Pre-order starting 5/23 at a special sale price of only $100 each!  Starts shipping June 6th.

Lethal-Weapon-Soundtrack-Collection-Web.

These titles are ONLY $5 EACH! 
THE SENDER, HOUSE ON SOROITY ROW, AIRPLANE 2.

These titles are ONLY $10 EACH! 
SCROOGED, FRIDAY THE 13TH, FLESH AND BLOOD, PET SEMATARY, ALTERED STATES, D.A.R.Y.L., BIG TOP PEE WEE, ORDINARY PEOPLE/SAVE THE TIGER and LINK

These titles are ONLY $15 EACH! 
THE WARRIORS, POLICE ACADEMY, DAY OF THE DEAD, THE NAKED GUN TRILOGY, THE MONSTER SQUAD, FERRIS BUELLER’S DAY OFF, LESS THAN ZERO, BEVERLY HILLS COP and BEVERLY HILLS COP 2.

These titles are ONLY $20 EACH! 
LADYHAWKE, HE MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE and BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA

Ladyhawke_Web.jpgbigtoppeewee-cover-Web.jpg

FBDO-cover-Web.jpgBTLC_web-Original.jpg

monstersquad-web.jpgnakedgun-Web.jpg

scrooged-Web.jpgFRi13Web.jpg

Sale prices begin 5/23 at 12 noon (pst) and are good thru 6/5. Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

Visit www.KingCohenMovie.com and check out the trailer and more from our upcoming Larry Cohen documentary, KING COHEN!

BACK IN STOCK!
BEVERLY HILLS COP, THE ADDAMS FAMILY, ROSEMARY’S BABY, THE JOHN WILLIAMS JURASSIC PARK COLLECTION, THE DANNY ELFMAN BATMAN COLLECTION, X2: X-MEN UNITED, BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES VOL 1 & 4 are back in stock and available now at www.lalalandrecords.com

© 2017 La-La Land Records. All Rights Reserved.

It's looking like June Gloom is here for LLL. Most likely we will only have one new release for June:

Baywatch by Christopher Lennertz - June 20

Due to vacations, sign offs and other happenings we will be altering our " normal every 2 weeks schedule" for July and have just one release date for that month:

July 11

I don't know what titles (or how many) will be ready for July 11. I suspect at least 2...maybe 3.

Our 80's sale has been going great and will be extended another week, adding 2 titles that we just got back in stock: 

DIE HARD
COMMANDO

We will also be adding another title to the 80's sale:

DOGS OF WAR (actually forgot about this one). 

Those titles will go on sale starting next Tuesday, June 6.

After that, our August slate should get us back on schedule, starting Tuesday August 1.

MV

It sounds like all the labels have a lot of stuff held up in the approval process right now.  Second half of the year should be an expensive one.

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

It sounds like all the labels have a lot of stuff held up in the approval process right now.  Second half of the year should be an expensive one.

Sounds like a good thing! Something to look forward to. :D

The unpredictability of the approval process means no matter what optimum release schedules they come up with, things never turn out that way

I need to stop getting interested in scores that I didn't care about before. It's much easier to assume Jurassic Park/Lost World, Jaws/Jaws 2, Temple of Doom and E.T are the only Williams scores worth having (and maybe Force Awakens just because I absolutely adore Rey's theme). 

But nooo, I just HAD to suddenly start loving Hedwig's theme...and I don't even care who Hedwig is!

7 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

Just stay away from the third film and score and you're good.

7 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

?

It's not only his best Harry Potter score, it's one of his best of this century....

15 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

Not to mention the only great film of the franchise. 

I'm sorry, bolle, but Stu and Koray are right: POA is a truly great film, and the best film of the series, by a country mile.

Its grandeur is balanced by a gentle melancholy, giving way to a tragic sadness, and David Thewlis grounds the whole thing, with a down-to-earth humanity.

The score is, also, one of the finest I've heard, not just by JW, but by anyone.

A remarkable achievement.