The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

5 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Any word on when they'll release info on the Waterworld set? I don't see anything on the website yet.

Usually track listings come out morning-of.  It's usually in my e-mail box when I wake up.  So I'd expect them on August 15, unless they decide to do an earlier reveal for some reason.

6 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Usually track listings come out morning-of.  It's usually in my e-mail box when I wake up.  So I'd expect them on August 15, unless they decide to do an earlier reveal for some reason.

Didn't they put out the tracklisting for the Jurassic Park Collection early?

14 hours ago, thestat said:

How much more new music is there in Waterworld? The old album, even at a 60 minute running time, was comprehensive.

This should help:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QPQXZUFtPWamRWTJ1TdWj08etFn1AOOg77kdbGQC1BE/pubhtml

• 2 weeks later...

I live in the US, which is 6 hours behind the UK. So that'd be about 2 am US-CST tomorrow I'm guessing?

I have a really late schedule, so I was hoping I would be able to order it before I go to bed around 5-6 am this morning, as I'm very impatient.

No that would be the other way around. They release their stuff at noon in California. Let's make it simple: their latest batch goes on sale in 18 hours and 18 minutes from now.

Karol

A-LA LAND RECORDS PRESENTS
NEW RELEASES: Tues, 12 Noon (PST) Aug 15, 2017

LA-LA LAND RECORDS PRESENTS
NEW RELEASES: Tues, 12pm (PST) AUGUST 15, 2017

Available for order at www.lalalandrecords.com
Tues, 12pm (PST) AUGUST 15, 2017

“WATERWORLD: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET)”
Music by James Newton Howard
Limited Edition of 3000 Units
RETAIL PRICE: $29.98
STARTS SHIPPING AUGUST 25

“ROMANCING THE STONE: LIMITED EDITION”
Music by Alan Silvestri
Limited Edition of 2000 Units
RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

“PEYTON PLACE / HEMINGWAY’S ADVENTURES OF A YOUNG MAN: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET)”
Music by Franz Waxman

BACK IN STOCK SALE EXTENDED THRU 8/28!
We are celebrating the following titles newly back in stock!

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: THE PLAN/RAZOR is only $10 each!

CREEPSHOW, DEAD AGAIN, THE FLASH – SEASON 1, and
SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY are only $15 each!

KRULL (2-CD SET) is only $20 each!

THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION and BRAVEHEART (2-CD SETS)
are only $25 each!

Sale prices are good thru 8/28. Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

BYE BYE BATTLESTAR BLOWOUT!
BATTLESTAR GALACTICA SEASONS 1, 2 and 3 are going out of print forever and only limited quantities remain.
Get them now at the very special price of $10 each!

Special available while supplies last. Only at www.lalandrecords.com

Visit www.KingCohenMovie.com and check out the trailer and more from our upcoming Larry Cohen documentary, KING COHEN! The film is an official selection of the prestigious Fantasia, Fright Fest UK, Fantastic Fest and Sitges Film Festival

WATERWORLD: LIMITED EDITION  (2-CD SET)     LLLCD 1426
Music by James Newton Howard
Limited Edition of 3000 Units
RETAIL PRICE: $29.98

waterworld-cover-Web.jpgLa-La Land Records, Universal Pictures and Universal Music Special Markets present the remastered and expanded 2CD reissue of renowned composer James Newton Howard’s (THE FUGITIVE, WYATT EARP, GRAND CANYON) original motion picture score to the 1995 action/fantasy feature film WATERWORLD, starting Kevin Costner, Dennis Hopper and Jeanne Tripplehorn, and directed by Kevin Reynolds. Considered by many to be one of the great 90’s action scores, and even considered by the composer himself to be one of his best, WATERWORLD is musical work for the ages – a thrilling orchestral epic, bursting with propulsive action, robust themes and rich emotion. This deluxe re-issue showcases an assembly worthy of this important score, including never-before-released material, bonus tracks and a total running time of over 2 hours. Produced by Dan Goldwasser and Mike Matessino, and mastered by Matessino from original elements in the composer’s personal archive, this special limited edition release of 3000 units features exclusive, in-depth liner notes by writer Tim Greiving and art design by Dan Goldwasser. The striking cover art is a previously unused piece by legendary illustrator/artist Drew Struzan!

TRACK LISTING:

DISC 1
1. Main Titles 4:47
2. Escaping the Smokers 3:53
3. The Atoll 1:45
4. Hydroholic* 1:02
5. Gills 2:02
6. Prodigal Child 1:58
7. Gregor at Cage* 2:59
8. Recycled* / Smokers Sighted / Battle* /
The Balloon* 7:12
9. Helen Frees the Mariner 3:32
10. Opening the Gates* 3:20
11. She’s Here Somewhere †* 0:35
12. Three on Deck†* / Helen’s Offer* 1:35
13. Speargun 1:47
14. Helen Sews 0:53
15. Enola Overboard* /
Can We Outrun Them?* 2:59
16. The Skyboat 3:58
17. Haircuts 1:36
18. Half an Hour 4:38
19. Swimming 4:19
20. Slave Colony* 4:52
21. The Bubble 3:27
TOTAL DISC TIME: 63:09

DISC 2
1. Meeting Deacon* / Kiss of Life* 4:29
2. We’re Gonna Die 2:06
3. National Geographics 1:48
4. Gregor Returns* 1:14
5. Arriving at the Deez 4:31
6. Deacon’s Speech 3:55
7. Rowing* 1:35
8. Why Aren’t You Rowing 2:42
9. Slide for Life 4:53
10. Bungee* 2:33
11. Balloon Flight 0:52
12. Dry Land 1:50
13. Mariner’s Goodbye† 3:17
14. Main Credits 2:20

BONUS TRACKS
15. Music Box Theme* 2:18
composed by Mark Isham
16. The Atoll* (Alternate) 1:46
17. Helen Frees the Mariner* (Alternate) 2:48
18. Escaping the Smokers* (Demo) 3:29
19. Helen Frees the Mariner* (Demo) 3:49
20. Three on Deck†* (Demo) 2:04
21. Deacon’s Speech* (Demo) 3:54
22. Slide for Life* (Demo) 3:37
23. Thank You / Session Wrap Speech 6:15
TOTAL DISC TIME: 68:08
TOTAL ALBUM TIME: 131:17

ROMANCING THE STONE: LIMITED EDITION
LLLCD 1430
Music by Alan Silvestri

Romancing-the-Stone-cover-Web.jpgLa-La Land Records, 20th Century Fox and Fox Music proudly present the remastered and expanded re-issue of acclaimed composer Alan Silvestri’s (BACK TO THE FUTURE, FOREST GUMP, THE AVENGERS) original motion picture score to the 1984 action/adventure/romance classic ROMANCING THE STONE, starring Michael Douglas, Kathleen Turner and Danny DeVito, and directed by Robert Zemeckis. Composer Silvestri’s first major studio feature film score continues to endure, its exciting and romantic mix of smooth rock-pop grooves and orchestral flourishes still as enthralling to audiences today as it was upon the film’s release. Moreover, this score would cement one of the most thrilling composer/director working relationships in modern times – the immortal Silvestri/Zemeckis duo! Produced by Nick Redman and Mike Matessino, remixed by Matessino, and mastered by Daniel Hersch, this expanded remastered presentation, approved by the composer, sounds better than ever and includes previously unreleased material. Limited to 2000 units, this special release features exclusive, in-depth liner notes by writer Jeff Bond and adventurous art design by Jim Titus.

TRACK LISTING:

1 Logo :29
2 How the West Was Won 
Composed by Alfred Newman 1:42
3 Main Title  2:34
4 Elaine 2:15
5 I’m in Trouble 1:49
6 Bus Ride* :45
7 Jack and Joan 1:06
8 The Gorge 4:54
9 The Body* :49
10 Ransacked Apartment / Zolo** 2:04
11 Bronco Chase 2:19
12 The Ride** 2:05
13 Senile Samba 2:29
14 The Dance / They Kiss 4:55
15 Hotel Escape 2:01
16 The Stone Revealed 1:19
17 Mounties! 2:21
18 The Square* 1:49
19 Over Here / You and Your Sister* 1:16
20 Tregula 1:33
21 Struggling for the Stone 6:03
22 So Long Jack 1:11
23 The Sailboat 1:23
24 End Titles 5:55
25 Piano Bar (Source) 5:01
26 The Dance (Discrete Cue)** 3:39
27 They Kiss (Discrete Cue)** 2:58
28 End Titles (Alternate) 6:01
Total Time: 72:41
*   Previously unreleased
**  Contains previously unreleased material

PEYTON PLACE / HEMINGWAY’S ADVENTURES OF A YOUNG MAN: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET)      LLLCD 1424
Music by Franz Waxman

Peyton-Place-cover-Web.jpgHemingway-cover-Web.jpg

La-La Land Records and Sony Music present the remastered re-issue of legendary composer Franz Waxman’s (THE BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN, REBECCA, REAR WINDOW) original motion picture scores to the dramatic feature films PEYTON PLACE (1957) and HEMINGWAY’S ADVENTURES OF A YOUNG MAN (1962). Composer Waxman’s uncanny ability to expertly and soulfully interpret psychological drama with emotional depth is on full display in these remarkable scores – both for films adapted from literary works dealing with troubled, complex characterizations. PEYTON’S score is big and polished, like the film, while HEMINGWAY’s is perhaps more internal, but every bit as resonant. It’s astounding work from one of cinema’s greatest maestros. Produced for La-La Land by MV Gerhard and Matt Verboys and mastered by Mike Matessino, this special 2-CD re-issue showcaes the original LP programs, is limited to 2000 units, sounds better than ever, features new liner notes by writer Julie Kirgo and touts beautiful, dramatic new art design by Jim Titus.

Visit franzwaxman.com for more info on the iconic Franz Waxman.

TRACK LISTING:

Disc 1
Peyton Place

1 Main Title - Hilltop Scene 1:35
2 Entering Peyton Place - Going to School  2:55
3 Rossi’s Visit 2:30
4 After School 2:53
5 Swimming Scene 5:13
6 After the Party - Chase in the Woods 2:49
7 Constance’s Story - Allison’s Decision 3:58
8 The Rape 2:28
9 Peyton Place Draftees - Honor Roll 6:00
10 Love Me, Michael - End Title 1:21
Disc 1 Total Time: 40:49

Disc 2
Hemingway’s Adventures of a Young Man

1 Prologue 4:27
2 Leaving Town 2:44
3 D.T. Blues 2:43
4 Goodbye Father 4:59
5 The Hospital 4:03
6 Rosanna 4:18
7 No Sleep 2:59
8 The Major’s Rescue 3:25
9 Rosanna’s Death 3:45
10 Home Again 5:31
11 Finale 1:49
Disc 2 Total Time: 40:43

© 2017 La-La Land Records. All Rights Reserved.

They did that with Wyatt Earp as well with the last track where JNH just thanks the orchestra for the sessions and mentions the birth of his son. Plus there is a killer version of Rock-a-bye-Baby and Brahms' Lullaby. ;) 

1 minute ago, bollemanneke said:

I only listen to scores that I liked in the film. As I only watched 30 minutes of Waterworld and don't remember a single score thing, this release doesn't interest me.

Good! More for the rest of us!

Just curious: do members of this forum often get damaged CD cases in the mail? Braveheart just arrived here and while I'm obviously thrilled to have it and am planning to buy more of their releases in the future, there's a rather big scratch on the case, just like with Home Alone. I've been ordering things from the Internet for a long time and never got any damaged material... are US shipping services locked with some sort of secret battle with LLL?

Blake Neely just tweeted that "the Super Scores" are coming 10/10 from La La Land.

I haven't been keeping up with his work, so I'm not sure what has gone unreleased at this time.  He does Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, and Legends of Tomorrow.  So some collection of those.

42 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Just curious: do members of this forum often get damaged CD cases in the mail? Braveheart just arrived here and while I'm obviously thrilled to have it and am planning to buy more of their releases in the future, there's a rather big scratch on the case, just like with Home Alone. I've been ordering things from the Internet for a long time and never got any damaged material... are US shipping services locked with some sort of secret battle with LLL?

Sometimes, sure

Yeah that kind of damage to the jewel cases happens sometimes and not just those ordered from LLL. Broken hinges, knocked out CD tray teeth, cracked CD cases are all the by-products of the postal systems in US and various countries not handling these things with kid gloves.

I knew I could rely on someone to make that jib when I mentioned CD tray teeth. ;)

LLL really created a legend with that small blunder.

On 16/08/2017 at 5:35 AM, Woj said:

I'm not familiar with it, but life's too short to listen to JNH. 

On 17/08/2017 at 4:03 AM, Stefancos said:

This!

Wait, what? Why?

1 hour ago, fommes said:

Also, knocked out dinosaur teeth are known to have occurred.

Well, you know, a lot can happen to your teeth in over 20 years and that T-Rex you can see on the logo might have a bit of a trouble brushing it every day. Poor thing.

wrGTF1Qbbg-14.png

Karol

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Richard said:

Yeah, I know. THUNDER ROAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly! I don't know who Jack Marshall is but woohoo!

You don't know Jack Marshall? Well, he's... he's...he's Jack Marshall, of course! (snorts) Everybody knows Jack Marshall.

(please, someone help me. Who is this fucking Jack Marshall guy?)