The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

A little surprised about the F13 release, just because MV said he probably would not re-release 2-5, and if he rereleased any others at all it would be part 6.

I get a lot of joy out of that box set, especially this time of the year.  Same with Varese's Nightmare on Elm St set.  I'd die for Jason Goes to Hell/Jason X expansions, and similar box sets for some of the other horror franchises (Child's Play, Hellraiser, Halloween - or at least the later Halloweens not already expanded).  I think a lot of the "minor" horror series sold in box set form would be an ideal presentation - like the Puppet Master set from a few years ago.  Probably wouldn't have built a collection at $15-20 a pop, but that box was reasonably priced for what it came with.

• 1 month later...

LA-LA LAND RECORDS PRESENTS
NIFTY 90’s SPECIAL!: TUESDAY NOVEMBER 7, 2017, 12pm (PST)

Special offers available at www.lalalandrecords.com
Tues, 12pm (PST) NOVEMBER 7, 2017

NIFTY 90’s SPECIAL!ONE WEEK ONLY!
The 1990’s generated some of the most amazing contemporary scores in cinema!  Join us in celebrating this period with incredible prices on the following selected group of some of the decade’s most exciting scores!

DUTCH, IDIOCRACY/OFFICE SPACE, DUNSTON CHECKS IN and TURBULENCE are ONLY $3 EACH!

DutchCover-Web.jpgIdiocracy-OfficeSpaceWeb.gifturbulence-Web.jpg

EYE FOR AN EYE and NOBODY’S FOOLare ONLY $5 EACH!

eyeforaneye-Web.jpgNobodysFool-Web.jpg

MILLENNIUM VOL 1 (2-CD SET), BAD GIRLS, THE BODYGUARD, DAVE, GRAND CANYON, CHARMED (2-CD SET), BLACK BEAUTY, THE LAST BOY SCOUT, NICK OF TIME and PRIMAL FEARare ONLY $10 EACH!

Millennium_Vol-1_Web.jpglastboyscout-Web.jpgGrandcanyon-Web.jpg

SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY, GALAXY QUEST, FIRST KNIGHT (2-CD SET), ROSEWOOD (2-CD SET), PATRIOT GAMES (2-CD SET), THE FIRM (2-CD SET), MILLENNIUM VOL 2 (2-CD SET), CUTTHROAT ISLAND (2-CD SET), TWISTER and CLIFFHANGER (2-CD SET) are ONLY $15 EACH!

Cutthroat-Island-Web.jpgGalaxyQuest-Web.jpgFirst-Knight-Web.jpg

WYATT EARP (3-CD SET), BRAVEHEART (2-CD SET), X-FILES VOL 1 (4-CD SET), and THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION (2-CD SET) are ONLY $20 EACH!

wyatt-Web.jpgBraveheart-hi-Web.jpgshawshank-Web.jpg

THE X-FILES VOL. 2 (4-CD SET) and THE X-FILES VOL. 3 (4-CD SET)
are ONLY $35 EACH!

X-Files-Vol2_Front_Tray-Web.jpg

THE JOHN WILLIAMS JURASSIC PARK SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION (4-CD SET)
is ONLY $45 EACH!

John-Williams-JP-Collection-Web.jpg

THE LETHAL WEAPON SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION (8-CD SET)
is ONLY $100 EACH!

Lethal-Weapon-Web.jpg

Sale prices on these select titlesstart on 11/7 at 12 noon (PST) and are good thru 11/13. Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

Our end-of-year titles will be announced on our Facebook Page and Twitter Account on Black Friday at 12:01am (pst) on 11/24

Yes, the one I’d most personally recommend for anyone who doesn’t have it is Nobody’s Fool, one of my favorite Howard Shore lowkey drama scores.  Plus it’s a real clear antecedent to his “Shire sound” in LOTR

On 11/7/2017 at 7:53 AM, Disco Stu said:

Yes, the one I’d most personally recommend for anyone who doesn’t have it is Nobody’s Fool, one of my favorite Howard Shore lowkey drama scores.  Plus it’s a real clear antecedent to his “Shire sound” in LOTR

Seriously, for just 5 measly dollars, everybody who has ever enjoyed anything Howard Shore has done should buy Nobody's Fool.

4 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Seriously, for just 5 measly dollars, everybody who has ever enjoyed anything Howard Shore has done should buy Nobody's Fool.

I went for it along with Rosewood and Millennium 1 & 2. A LLL sale is a joyous occasion!

But the liner notes lack a certain bite without them I feel.

I make exception with gifts. Never look gift booklet in the mouth as the saying goes.

On 21.11.2017 at 3:30 AM, Hawmy said:

I just got the Jurassic Park Collection, but when I received it the booklet was nowhere to be found. Is it possible that La La Land forgot to send it to me?

I actually ordered a copy of the John Williams Jurassic Park Collection as a present for a relative and received the package today and checked out the set and lo and behold there was no booklet inside. This might actually be an assembly problem. I wonder if all the sets are missing the booklet or just a smaller batch.

Anyway I too dropped an e-mail to LLL. Hopefully they will send a replacement booklet (preferably with teeth).

1 hour ago, Incanus said:

I actually ordered a copy of the John Williams Jurassic Park Collection as a present for a relative and received the package today and checked out the set and lo and behold there was no booklet inside. This might actually be an assembly problem. I wonder if all the sets are missing the booklet or just a smaller batch.

Anyway I too dropped an e-mail to LLL. Hopefully they will send a replacement booklet (preferably with teeth).

They said that there was some problem with the manufacturing plant. They were really nice about it.

4 minutes ago, Hawmy said:

They said that there was some problem with the manufacturing plant. They were really nice about it.

I suspected as much. And yeah they are really nice when it comes to these things.

Did they offer to send you a booklet?

The samples for this Waxman release sound really freakin' good, but I just don't think I can justify buying it with everything else coming out.... :( 

Guess I can wait for a sale.

http://lalalandrecords.com/Site/PeytonHemingway.html

I mean... this is just great classic Hollywood here

On 11/24/2017 at 9:31 AM, Nick1066 said:

Has anyone heard about an expanded/remastered Out of Africa release? From La-La Land or otherwise?

Nope.

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

The samples for this Waxman release sound really freakin' good, but I just don't think I can justify buying it with everything else coming out.... :( 

Guess I can wait for a sale.

http://lalalandrecords.com/Site/PeytonHemingway.html

I mean... this is just great classic Hollywood here

I have the recording done by Varèse so I’ve holding off on this one.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is true but just read on the FSM forum that MV's house was possibly destroyed in the wild fires currently raging in California. There is a thread dedicated to this on the FSM forum. Apparently Michael and his family are safe. Thank god. Wishing them all the best. :(

Karol

Terrible news. I feel so bad for him and his family. 

Now I feel like shit for wondering about my order the last few days.

21 hours ago, Jay said:

I have set up a Go Fund Me page to collect donations from the film score community that I will send to them.

Here is the link if you are interested in helping out:

https://www.gofundme.com/GerhardFire

Thank you for the link Jay. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Image may contain: 6 people

As 2017 comes to an end we here at La-La Land Records would like to thank all of you for yet another amazing year! 

Have a happy, healthy and safe Holiday Season!

See y'all back here on January 2, 2018!

And now, we present La-La Land Record's Class of 2017

https://www.facebook.com/lalalandrecords/photos/a.181243738754.155532.56031953754/10156176695973755/?type=3&theater

Is the Chicago skyline at the bottom a clue for an upcoming release?