The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

A complete THIEF would be great, and, while they're about it, expanded reissues of LEGEND, FIRESTARTER, MIRACLE MILE, THIS PARK IS MINE, and NEAR DARK, would be nice.

Interestingly, THIEF was the only Tangerine Dream CD not contained within the second recent box-set, making it their only Virgin album not remastered.

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/12/2017 at 4:07 PM, Corellian2019 said:

Did that box set come out before or after the 2014 Perseverance CD?

I've done some research on that. It seems that they were released at approximately the same time, which would explain why THIEF is not in the box-set, and why the Blu-Ray has an iso score.

Awesome @Holko thanks for sharing that!

Here is a text dump of it in case the FB post ever goes away

2018 is here and we couldn't be any more excited!

We have some amazing projects lined up! Lots of fan favs to classic tv shows and a flurry of film scores from some of your favorite composers!

What better way to start the year off than with STAR TREK! Volume 2 of DEEP SPACE NINE goes on sale tomorrow at 12 pm pst. Then, hopefully, on January 30, we present to you THE BUFFY THE VAMPIRE COLLECTION featuring music from the famed tv series as well as Carter Burwell's vampire butt kickin' score to the original film! This 4 cd set is sure to drive a stake into your wallet!

February will see some great releases from film and television, including one special release where 100% of the sales of the cd will be donated to a special charity. More details to be announced soon.

Save your pennies because we plan on releasing some amazing box sets during the course of the year. 4 cds, 6 cds, possibly even 10 cd box sets! Hopefully some music for everyone!

Anniversaries will be celebrated, studios will be honored and a few surprises will be unveiled.

And yes, expect some more Williams, Horner, Goldsmith and Elfman this year...not to mention a couple of Golden Age classics!

Can't wait to see what the Horner and Elfman titles are!

Hoping for Sneakers and Mission: Impossible personally.

A tiny part of me will hold out hope that some day Elfman's Sleepy Hollow might be properly expanded.

I think Elfman claimed in the E/B box that there wasn't much of substance to add to the OST, and if he did, he's talking rubbish.

In the meantime, I hope Potter, and specifically PoA comes to us this year :D

2 hours ago, Richard said:

I've done some research on that. It seems that they were released at approximately the same time, which would explain why THIEF is not in the box-set, and why the Blu-Ray has an iso score.

I wish. The UK Blu-ray has an isolated music-and-effects track, but it's better than nothing.

Here's hoping for a complete Pelican Brief and Midnight Run!

6 hours ago, Corellian2019 said:

I wish. The UK Blu-ray has an isolated music-and-effects track, but it's better than nothing.

Here's hoping for a complete Pelican Brief and Midnight Run!

You're right. I forgot to mention the "sound effects" bit. Sorry. It is, however, and as you say, better than nothing. It's also a really good score.

5 hours ago, crumbs said:

That was my first thought too, of course! Haha.

"Anniversaries will be celebrated" -- hopefully that includes Schindler's List 25th Anniversary!

Somebody should list down all the Anniversaries this year!

oh -one 40th Anniversary coming this year is Superman-The Movie!

48 minutes ago, azahid said:

oh -one 40th Anniversary coming this year is Superman-The Movie!

So I have to buy it again?!!!

Oh well I have 4 different releases of E.T. so it will not exactly be the first time it has happened.

Didn't we semi-agree it would probably be 7 or even 8 discs? The 10 disc set is obviously too much for Williams' Potter, but isn't 6 a bit too slim? I hope it isn't because they'll leave the Children's Suite off...

9 minutes ago, Incanus said:

So I have to buy it again?!!!

Oh well I have 4 different releases of E.T. so it will not exactly be the first time it has happened.

Don't forget the various DVD's and Blu rays.  And a 4K variant  of it for sure.

And with Jurassic World 2 coming out this year- it would be nice if they can also release JURASSIC PARK 3 expansion this year by mid year or early?

...Including one special release where 100% of the sales of the cd will be donated to a special charity. More details to be announced soon.-LLL

I strongly suspect this might be a re-issue of a an important VIP OOP release being triggered for some common good. A super nice initiative from the LLL team.

I wash hoping for Potter too, but then it hit me that we'd proabbly only get HP1 in 2021, anniversary and all that.... And I was right about Titanic, so I'll convince myself I'm right about this, too. That way, I can't be disappointed if it doesn't come out this year.

Also, 6 CDs is too small, right? I could see 6 CDs with the scores and one CD with all the extras for all the films happening, but not everything on 6 CDs.

It really would take a terrorist act to get expanded releases of Potter and Star Wars. If you think about it, the time that passes by since the films came out, people have died already! 

When the scores are finally released it'll be a mixture of excitement and anger: "Where the fuck was this years ago when the franchise and music was fresh?".

Here is somewhat compiled list of films having Anniversaries being discussed at bluray.com forum. And oh! Its the 35th Anniversary of RETURN OF THE JEDI too. :)

check out the link: But its not complete list.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?p=14528517

It’s the 35th anniversary of RotJ and yeah, please no OT Star Wars stuff. We’ve got loads of that stuff, give us the complete PT first. Not that any speciality label will get Star Wars 

1 hour ago, azahid said:

Here is somewhat compiled list of films having Anniversaries being discussed at bluray.com forum. And oh! Its the 35th Anniversary of RETURN OF THE JEDI too. :)

check out the link: But its not complete list.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?p=14528517

How silly of me. The 25th anniversary in question is obviously HOCUS POCUS, and the charity is the Witchfinfer's Benevolent Fund.

3 hours ago, Richard said:

Is anyone prepared to put money on the possibility that this is SCHINDLER'S LIST, and that the "special charity' will be the Shoah Foundation?

When is Holocaust Memorial Day, chaps?

That is a good point. 

Just wild speculation here, but what if the charity title is Zimmer's Backdraft and it has something to do with fire departments and or wildfire relief?

I'd happily take Schindler's List too.

5 hours ago, Muldoon said:

Just wild speculation here, but what if the charity title is Zimmer's Backdraft and it has something to do with fire departments and or wildfire relief?

I'd happily take Schindler's List too.

It could be a fundraiser for MV Gerhard possibly?  That's the first thing that popped into my mind when I read it.

20 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

I wash hoping for Potter too, but then it hit me that we'd proabbly only get HP1 in 2021, anniversary and all that.... And I was right about Titanic, so I'll convince myself I'm right about this, too. That way, I can't be disappointed if it doesn't come out this year.

Also, 6 CDs is too small, right? I could see 6 CDs with the scores and one CD with all the extras for all the films happening, but not everything on 6 CDs.

A.I. is 2001 and was completed 2015. HP has the same licence situation.

The Children's Suite will be on the second disc of the second score.

Proceeds to the Shoah Foundation for Schindler's List 25th Anniversary makes a lot of sense. Strikes me as the type of idea all parties might have reached in exchange for expanding that score. Just got the impression an SL expansion might have been a 'hard sell' due to the very personal nature of the score for both Spielberg & Williams.

I'm sure Cameron donated part of his percentage profits (supposedly around $350 million) to... uhh... well, he spent a lot of money diving on the wreck and promoting its conservation I guess.

1 minute ago, crumbs said:

I'm sure Cameron donated part of his percentage profits (supposedly around $350 million) to... uhh... well, he spent a lot of money diving on the wreck and promoting its conservation I guess.

Conservation of the wreck is necessary in ensuring the welfare of the descendants of the survivors of the Titanic disaster.

2 hours ago, crumbs said:

Proceeds to the Shoah Foundation for Schindler's List 25th Anniversary makes a lot of sense. Strikes me as the type of idea all parties might have reached in exchange for expanding that score. Just got the impression an SL expansion might have been a 'hard sell' due to the very personal nature of the score for both Spielberg & Williams.

I wish they realised that it's ultimately about the consumers, not about what they think about the score...