The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

7 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

It's missing the warped Fox fanfare.

Doesn't matter, all those scores back then like Predator 2, Alien 3, The Fly, Aliens, The Abyss, etc, all had that big, distinctive 20th Century Foxy sound to them. Can't put my finger on why, other than they were 20th Century Fox films!

There needs to be a John Williams cd with:

-All the film/TV logos he has recorded

-All the unreleased title themes for the TV series he has scored (Alcoa, Kraft Suspense, Kraft Mystery, Tammy Grimes etc.)

-Dear Basketball

-A Timeless Call

5 hours ago, Amer said:

I' do love to have the ALIENIZED Fox Logo preceding the Opening Titles cue. It is so cool. But it was strangely issued on Silvestri's PREDATOR expanded cd. 

I love the way that the entire orchestra on the ALIEN 3 fanfare, moves from mono to stereo, and from the front, to the rear, of the soundstage.

The fact that Ghostbusters remains popular with middle aged men has me worried that the MCU shite won’t disapear in a few years.

7 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

MV teases Ghostbusters release for later this year. 

Ooooh that's great!

~

Another update:

In regards to these two prior posts:

April, on the other hand, might be a pretty crowded and expensive month!

Just to clarify, we do have some things coming in April we just don't know what and I don't want to state anything specifically until we do.

As of right now we do have Day The Earth Stood Still coming April 10 for sure. That's at the printers

We have 4 other projects inching toward the finish line...all of which could be signed off on today or weeks from now. It's all part of the wonderful and exciting life of a soundtrack label owner! We are lucky like that.

MV

The latest update is:

The expensive month crack no longer applies. We had planned 3 to 4 other releases this month (one was for record store day) but it didn't happen, so just ignore that comment I made.

MV

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=126479&forumID=1&archive=0&pageID=2&r=251#bottom

18 hours ago, Arpy said:

The suspense is killing me! If it isn't Harry Potter I don't know what I'll do.

I'll probably throw my music collection in a dumpster fire.

28x96z.jpg

This. And I'm tired of their stupid comments about things that just never happen. 'April will be expensive, 4 releases...' Why can't they just announce stuff when it's all done? Like the FOTR re-issue: it comes out then, it came out then, end of story!

Only just caught up on this thread and the potential for an Alien-related release. Well, with Intrada having already done Alien a few years ago, Aliens already released in Deluxe form, and LLL's 2010 Alien Resurrection expansion, only Alien 3 is left?

Would surprise me, to say the least. We've heard nothing except bad rumours about the situation with Alien 3's master tapes for years, either that they were missing, damaged beyond repair or something else. Whether true or not, from FSM:

I believe I read here a while ago, that MV (or someone) mentioned at Comic Con "Alien 3's masters are in no shape for an expanded release." Judging by the sound of the isolated score, that appears true. What a major drag for Goldenthal's magnum opus. Does anyone recall this? I searched to no avail.

A post from MV himself in 2013 stated this:

Difficult, but "never say never releases":
ALIEN 3 (COMPLETE)

DAMNATION ALLEY (FULL)
OLD MAN AND THE SEA
BATMAN AND ROBIN
THE GODFATHER 1,2,3
BEVERLY HILLS COP 1,2,3
TOP GUN
SPIDERMAN 3
THE KEEP
BLADE RUNNER (PROPER COMPLETE RELEASE)
GHOSTBUSTERS 2
THE BAD SEED
SUGARLAND EXPRESS

To name a few... I speak from experience. Hopefully one day a miracle will occur.  frown
MV

Considering the film stems were used for the Bluray iso (rather than the sessions, as with the other 3 films), it backs up the theory that something is wrong with the master tapes. So if that was the hurdle, and they've found a new source for the sessions, that's huge news! 

EDIT: Reading further into that thread, here's another interesting tidbit from MV. Read into it what you will:

"Of course there's an existing album but didn't M.V. say the complete Alien 3 score was in no condition to be released? I know he has in the past. I sampled the isolated score on the "Alien 3" blu-ray, and I'm not sure what's so wrong with it."

Simply put the composer of Alien 3 is still alive. smile As for the others on the list I made some have to do with politics, legal bs and/or missing elements. In other words -- don't hold your breath.
MV

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?forumID=1&pageID=8&threadID=95052&archive=0

2 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

This. And I'm tired of their stupid comments about things that just never happen. 'April will be expensive, 4 releases...' Why can't they just announce stuff when it's all done? Like the FOTR re-issue: it comes out then, it came out then, end of story!

Because if they only announce stuff when it's done then you get the Predator (right?) debacle where those not near a computer within 5 mins of the announcement missed out, I'd definitely rather some warnings of big stuff, even if they come back in a few weeks and postpone it

4 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

Because if they only announce stuff when it's done then you get the Predator (right?) debacle where those not near a computer within 5 mins of the announcement missed out, I'd definitely rather some warnings of big stuff, even if they come back in a few weeks and postpone it

I remember comments on FSM at the time of the Predator release that suggested it was some kind of moral failing on your part if you missed out on it. "You snooze, you lose" kind of thing.

27 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

53 minutes ago, Margo Channing said:

I remember comments on FSM at the time of the Predator release that suggested it was some kind of moral failing on your part if you missed out on it. "You snooze, you lose" kind of thing.

By being always vigilant and following every single FSM thread I will be able to proudly say by the end of it all.. It a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known.

Karol - supplying pointless content since 2006

58 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

I can sort of understand that, but it's not like any LLL release sells out in five minutes (I mean, Titanic is still shipping!) and people who are following the expanded score market won't just leave the loop like that. I don't need to have suspense to remember LLL's existence.

There's a difference between setting expectations based on what's coming and what Belgians call 'making people happy with a dead sparrow'. Can't think of a good translation right now.

3 hours ago, Margo Channing said:

Which release are we talking about? The first by Varese or the second by Intrada? (Probably not the third by Intrada.)

3 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I guess it's mostly due to incompetence in planning.

What are they supposed to do? I wouldn't call it incompetence, it's more the complexity of the business.

6 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

I'm tired of their stupid comments about things that just never happen. 'April will be expensive, 4 releases...' Why can't they just announce stuff when it's all done? Like the FOTR re-issue: it comes out then, it came out then, end of story!

I think, it's a good idea to at least prepare people to save money or whatever. I mean, they have become more cautious about what they announce and what they'd better be silent about. A release as a punch in the face like Jurassic Park is always welcome, but the over-speculations is our problem.

48 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

What are they supposed to do? I wouldn't call it incompetence, it's more the complexity of the business.

4 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

It should be quite easy to announce a release when everything is approved and ready, and then start the sale a few weeks after the announcement.

...Er, well, this is embarrassing. I only now noticed I posted in the wrong thread. 

Suffice to say, no, I assume LLL isn't going to release an expanded John Debney's Jungle Book. We really don't need that, thanks.

5 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

So it must have happened twice, didn't it?

It did. The second time being Explorers, which sold out in a day and led to Intrada's policy to conceal information on quantities.

17 minutes ago, Margo Channing said:

It did. The second time being Explorers, which sold out in a day and led to Intrada's policy to conceal information on quantities.

Really?! I got it for 20 bucks two years ago!

Originally, I was referring to Predator, because I can imagine that Varese's premier release sold quite well, too.

6 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

Really?! I got it for 20 bucks two years ago!

Originally, I was referring to Predator, because I can imagine that Varese's premier release sold quite well, too.

Not in 24 hours though.

6 hours ago, crocodile said:

By being always vigilant and following every single FSM thread I will be able to proudly say by the end of it all.. It a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known.

You're going to sacrifice yourself so we get the score releases we need?

7 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

You're going to sacrifice yourself so we get the score releases we need?

I very much doubt my life is worth anything more than a straight re-pressing of Star Trek V OST. ;)

Karol

1 hour ago, La La Land Records said:

What do you think we do every month with our flyer? We announce what is done and coming out that month. Black Friday is a special release date we have celebrated for years and every so often we toss in a special release day like April 26. Is it so wrong for us to have fun every once in awhile? 

Something to do with ANZAC Day?