2 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

Difficult, but "never say never releases":
BATMAN AND ROBIN
THE GODFATHER 1,2
TOP GUN
SPIDERMAN 3
BLADE RUNNER (PROPER COMPLETE RELEASE)
SUGARLAND EXPRESS

To name a few... I speak from experience. Hopefully one day a miracle will occur.  frown
MV

Don't we live in beautiful times...:)

I’ll take dees plz 

2 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

You must have quite an impressive shelf...

This is absurd. I don't know you and you don't know me and we are not having this conversation at all. You are rude and uncouth, and presumptuous, and I am leaving now.

4 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

Difficult, but "never say never releases":

ALIEN 3 (COMPLETE)
DAMNATION ALLEY (FULL)

OLD MAN AND THE SEA
BATMAN AND ROBIN
THE GODFATHER 1,2,3
BEVERLY HILLS COP 1,2,3
TOP GUN
SPIDERMAN 3
THE KEEP
BLADE RUNNER (PROPER COMPLETE RELEASE)
GHOSTBUSTERS 2
THE BAD SEED
SUGARLAND EXPRESS

To name a few... I speak from experience. Hopefully one day a miracle will occur.  frown
MV

Don't we live in beautiful times...:)

LLL also did an expanded version of Alex North's THE BAD SEED, quite recently!

http://www.lalalandrecords.com/Site/BadSeed.html

Yavar

I just saw an FSM poster post this:

5 bucks says La La will re-release all 4 Superman films...one at a time...over the year. Kind of like Intrada did with Jaws for the 40th anniversary. Starting from 4 counting backwards.

Another 5 bucks says a 3CD Superman The Movie with be part of the Black Friday titles...just in time for the true anniversary, which was in December, 78.

Not gonna bet again, but I hope La La gets the "Girl" too. :-)

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=126795&forumID=1&archive=0

1 minute ago, Jay said:

I hope they're right.  Nothing against the FSM boxset, I know it's a quality release.  I'm just not interested in owning the Thorne scores.

I wonder whether there's much of a sound upgrade. I love Courage's score. This is the only real worthy Superman sequel score.

Karol

karol, I just noticed the link in your profile points to a website that doesn't exist

6 minutes ago, crocodile said:

It is a wonderful score.

Karol

It is, it's my second favourite of the 5 Donnerverse Superman scores:

1: STM
2: S IV
3: Returns
4: II/III

It would have been a tie between Supergirl and The Quest for Peace.

I love what Courage did with Lex's theme - how it became more menacing. And also how it interacts with Nuclear Man's theme. Now that is someone who knows what to do with Williams' material.

Karol

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

Isn't Supergirl part of the same universe?

Ah, you're right! It's not a Superman score though.

Ben-Hur? The Sony reissue of the Rhino Set and the FSM?

Oh, you mean BOTH releases being by specialty labels

2 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Also, what's the connection to April for Superman IV?

Action Comics #1 was released on April 18, 1938

1 minute ago, Fal said:

Ben-Hur? The Sony reissue of the Rhino Set and the FSM?

And Poltergeist as well. Both Rhino and FSM released the score in 2010.

Karol

I specifically was asking about 2 specialty labels.  Sony and Rhino are major labels.

Especially since FSM only exists as a label to sell its own backcatalog. Giving these scores new releases would make it pretty tough to sell through that inventory

It will be interesting to see how well this sells, actually.

Too bad Sandy isn't around to see his score finally get its own album release.

9 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Especially since FSM only exists as a label to sell its own backcatalog. Giving these scores new releases would make it pretty tough to sell through that inventory

Maybe they will just reuse the discs for this new release ;)

13 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

Not too worried about this one but very interested to here the 78 film might be getting a re-release. That’s the only Superman I need 

Have you ever heard Superman IV?

Karol

So the Blue Box has been broken. Glad to see this finally come out. Let's see if the First film gets another take to meets its 40th Anniversary. Infact this approach reminds me of Intrada's JAWS releases from IV to 1.

6 minutes ago, Amer said:

Infact this approach reminds me of Intrada's JAWS releases from IV to 1.

51 minutes ago, Jay said:

I just saw an FSM poster post this:

5 bucks says La La will re-release all 4 Superman films...one at a time...over the year. Kind of like Intrada did with Jaws for the 40th anniversary. Starting from 4 counting backwards.

This would be a great thing. All 4 scores getting individual releases is something I've been wishing would be done. If they do II and III, I wonder if they will be single disc releases, since the scores seem to fit on 1 CD each in the FSM set?

Incidentally, I never picked up the Blue Box, so these will be all new to me.

I don't think anything in the world would cause me to rebuy 2-4 after the Blue Box.  It would take something earth-shattering to make me rebuy 1.  Shame, because I much would prefer individual jewel case releases to the clunky box.

I'm glad that they're splitting these up for people who didn't want the box though.

I thought I followed pretty closely with what DC's movies are.  What the H is Crisis on Earth X?

Superman IV is an absolute masterwork!! ... I remember reading that the score was recorded with two orchestras, one in Germany and one in London; (right?)  and that the Germany orchestra wasn't up to the task, save for the pieces that they got through and were used for the finished film. I wonder if we'll hear any alternates/attempts by this first orchestra!! 

2 minutes ago, mstrox said:

What the H is Crisis on Earth X?

DC/CW/Berlantiverse crossover event.

3 minutes ago, mstrox said:

I thought I followed pretty closely with what DC's movies are.  What the H is Crisis on Earth X?

It's not a movie, it's a crossover event of their TV shows (Supergirl / Arrow / Flash / etc) that aired in November 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crisis_on_Earth-X

Ohhhhh.  I got to the end of Arrow season 2 before my kid was born, and then I fell off the train.  So they started doing bonkers crossover events?  My least favorite comic book thing!

3 minutes ago, mstrox said:

So they started doing bonkers crossover events?  My least favorite comic book thing!

Yeah, they started around Season 1 of The Flash.

15 minutes ago, jwalk713 said:

Superman IV is an absolute masterwork!! ... I remember reading that the score was recorded with two orchestras, one in Germany and one in London; (right?)  and that the Germany orchestra wasn't up to the task, save for the pieces that they got through and were used for the finished film. I wonder if we'll hear any alternates/attempts by this first orchestra!! 

Like what happened on Jerry Goldsmith's TOTAL RECALL sessions. If true this set would be fun to behold. 

With the “80 Years” on the top right of the cover art I’m sure this means the remaining movies are on their way this year!  I held off on buying the blue box as I’m only interested in the original.

The master and musical content for Superman IV are the same as they were in the Blue Box. The notes have been reconfigured to go with this 2 cd set. Art direction, however, is all new courtesy of Jim Titus.

MV

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=126795&forumID=1&archive=0&pageID=1&r=329#bottom